Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

BC Health Insurance

BC Health Insurance

Old Oct 13th 2008, 3:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Paul in Victoria is a name known to allPaul in Victoria is a name known to allPaul in Victoria is a name known to allPaul in Victoria is a name known to allPaul in Victoria is a name known to allPaul in Victoria is a name known to allPaul in Victoria is a name known to allPaul in Victoria is a name known to allPaul in Victoria is a name known to allPaul in Victoria is a name known to allPaul in Victoria is a name known to all
Default BC Health Insurance

Any idea's?

My family are finally coming over next week.........

In BC, you can apply after 3 months for BC medical insurance........

what do you do for the waiting 3 months?????

I'm sorted through my employment,my boss has checked with the company insurance and they don't offer anything.
Old Oct 13th 2008, 5:36 am
lof
Canadian Wet Coaster

lof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BC Health Insurance

have you tried to contact some of the companies stated in the wiki "medical insurance"?
Old Oct 13th 2008, 5:40 am
Forum Regular

drwoodsy is just really nicedrwoodsy is just really nicedrwoodsy is just really nicedrwoodsy is just really nicedrwoodsy is just really nicedrwoodsy is just really nicedrwoodsy is just really nicedrwoodsy is just really nicedrwoodsy is just really nice

There are a few options. Try Pacific Blue Cross.
Old Oct 13th 2008, 6:01 am

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paul in Victoria
Any idea's?

My family are finally coming over next week.........

In BC, you can apply after 3 months for BC medical insurance........

what do you do for the waiting 3 months?????

I'm sorted through my employment,my boss has checked with the company insurance and they don't offer anything.
You apply for MSP as soon as you arrive. There is a waiting period of the remainder of the month in which you arrive and the two successive months.

I believe the UK Post Office offer a suitable policy for the intervening period.
Old Oct 13th 2008, 6:04 am
Forum Regular

kirstya is a name known to allkirstya is a name known to allkirstya is a name known to allkirstya is a name known to allkirstya is a name known to allkirstya is a name known to allkirstya is a name known to allkirstya is a name known to allkirstya is a name known to allkirstya is a name known to allkirstya is a name known to all

Originally Posted by The Aviator
You apply for MSP as soon as you arrive. There is a waiting period of the remainder of the month in which you arrive and the two successive months.

I believe the UK Post Office offer a suitable policy for the intervening period.
Isnt that for travel insurance ?? Surely that wouldnt cover you ??
Old Oct 13th 2008, 4:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

PaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud of

the PO will do travel insurance for people leaving the country but it is very expensive
Old Oct 14th 2008, 2:25 am
Just Joined

vancouvervilla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by PaulandNikki
the PO will do travel insurance for people leaving the country but it is very expensive
I use Manulife insurance (Coverme) when visiting Canada as it is much cheaper than the UK.