BC Health

Old Jan 19th 2007, 6:54 pm
Forum Regular

ben123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default BC Health

Hi,

Can anyone explain the BC health cover.I was always led to believe that it was very similar to the NHS.However I have noticed that you pay a monthly premium(please correct me if I am wrong).What if people can not afford this, what happens?What are you covered for?
Any info would be great.

ha
Old Jan 19th 2007, 7:25 pm
mañana is my busiest day

oceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: BC Health

Originally Posted by ben123
Hi,

Can anyone explain the BC health cover.I was always led to believe that it was very similar to the NHS.However I have noticed that you pay a monthly premium(please correct me if I am wrong).What if people can not afford this, what happens?What are you covered for?
Any info would be great.

ha
Yes, BC has healthcare premiums, but you are exempt if your income is below a certain level.... BC has the right to check your income tax return to verify this.

Study this:

http://www.healthservices.gov.bc.ca/insurance/
Old Jan 19th 2007, 7:29 pm
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute

Also, be aware that if you're here on a work permit, you're not exempt from payments whatever your income is.

Our business made very little in its first year and we drew virtually no salary between us - still have to pay the full contributions though.
Old Jan 19th 2007, 7:42 pm
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute

Another thing to be aware of is that, as far as I know, BC's health care insurance plan does not cover the cost of dental treatment.
Old Jan 19th 2007, 7:50 pm
mañana is my busiest day

oceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by R I C H
Also, be aware that if you're here on a work permit, you're not exempt from payments whatever your income is.

Our business made very little in its first year and we drew virtually no salary between us - still have to pay the full contributions though.

Excellent info.... and I didn't know about that.