British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Canada (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/)
-   -   bbc iplayer (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/bbc-iplayer-901900/)

Londonuck Aug 17th 2017 2:03 am

bbc iplayer

Anyone having issues with it not working?

BristolUK Aug 17th 2017 2:17 am

Re: bbc iplayer

Just tested...working fine here.
(Hoxx)

Londonuck Aug 17th 2017 2:42 am

Originally Posted by BristolUK (Post 12318484)
Just tested...working fine here.
(Hoxx)

I actually went back and looked at old threads and one from a month ago. Ive put the chrome addon on and it's working thank gawd. Thanks for reply. I use Unotelly maybe its a prob with them.

BristolUK Aug 17th 2017 2:45 am

Originally Posted by Londonuck (Post 12318486)
... I use Unotelly maybe its a prob with them.

Seems to me that just about everything people use goes funny or needs resetting every now and then.

vikingsail Aug 17th 2017 2:46 am

Nope all works fine. Clear your computers 'cache' reload and reboot that usually solves any issues.

Partially discharged Aug 17th 2017 2:48 am

Originally Posted by Londonuck (Post 12318481)
Anyone having issues with it not working?

For the last week or so, everytime I go on to on Chrome I have to manually log in to my account which shows the next episode(s) in my viewed list and I also everytime have to manually tick the box saying I have a TV account.

I'm using "Beebs" which was a Chrome add on that I got a couple of years ago just before it became a paid add on.

Londonuck Aug 17th 2017 3:07 am

Originally Posted by vikingsail (Post 12318490)
Nope all works fine. Clear your computers 'cache' reload and reboot that usually solves any issues.

It's weird cos i've got several ways of watching and they all went wrong. Rebooted modem as well. My life literally flashed in front of my eyes :lol:

Oink Aug 17th 2017 4:06 am

Originally Posted by Londonuck (Post 12318486)
I actually went back and looked at old threads and one from a month ago. Ive put the chrome addon on and it's working thank gawd. Thanks for reply. I use Unotelly maybe its a prob with them.

I use unotelly and its not working for me tonight. What's the Chrome add on?

pontcanna Aug 17th 2017 4:29 am

Also having problems here with PureVPN. Have tried rebooting and using a different browser to no avail. :(

BristolUK Aug 17th 2017 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by Londonuck (Post 12318494)
It's weird cos i've got several ways of watching and they all went wrong.

https://media3.giphy.com/media/grmBC6qQ0mc6c/200_s.gif

My life literally flashed in front of my eyes :lol:
I read 'wife' at first. :rofl:

Londonuck Aug 17th 2017 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by BristolUK (Post 12318780)

She actually fainted when I told her :)

The chrome addon is beebs access BBC iplayer. Thanks who recommended from a previous thread. Ive emailed Unotelly and they've replied that they're on to it. ITV also stopped working this week.

pontcanna Aug 19th 2017 12:22 am

Originally Posted by pontcanna (Post 12318517)
Also having problems here with PureVPN. Have tried rebooting and using a different browser to no avail. :(

Found out that PureVPN wasn't actually changing my IP address to a UK one. Changed up the connection and it ended up working after all.

Londonuck Aug 19th 2017 3:33 pm

Originally Posted by pontcanna (Post 12320067)
Found out that PureVPN wasn't actually changing my IP address to a UK one. Changed up the connection and it ended up working after all.

Ah thats good. I was worried it wasnt just unotelly but it is, 3 days in and still no fix. Ive been at them again.

Canuck74 Aug 19th 2017 3:55 pm

I've had to create an BBC iplayer account to use it here. Never had to do that before.

uk_grenada Aug 19th 2017 4:29 pm

The required login is a stage in the bbc's crack down on license payers [not those watching illegally in the uk you understand, they are far too difficult to find.] You have to supply an address, since they changed the law using iplayer requires a tv license, in the iplayer t's and c's youll see they share info with the police and the agency that polices licenses. Next step according to the more depressing tech forums is to link the accounts to tv license no's which means they can block license attached accounts linked to use abroad with any appeal requiring physical attendance in some way.