bbc iplayer

Old Sep 18th 2017, 1:37 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: bbc iplayer

Originally Posted by Partially discharged
It may have been me on the Beebs extension. Now everytime I go to Iplayer on Chrome it makes me sign in again and to confirm (i.e tell porkies) that I have a BBC licence etc.

Can you stream it to your TV (via chromecast?) or do you watch on the computer.
Haha yes, sign in, tell porkies, yes I have a license, etc etc etc.

I haven't tried to cast it yet. We have a desktop hooked up to our main TV, so often for streaming we end up using that instead of the Chromecast. We also have been having some issues with our router, so I had to disable a whole bucket of the custom stuff I'd had set up for Chromecast compatibility, but having the computer hooked up does the job well enough for us.

Luckily our subscription with UnoTelly had expired, so that was fortuitous timing!
Old Sep 18th 2017, 2:01 pm
I still dont believe it..

uk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond repute

A prog on the BBC interviewed the guy responsible for the project writing iPlayer software a month or two ago and it's all part of the voyage to ensure that only proper license payers and only in the UK do you actually get to use it, it's an evangelical mission for them, they even had laws enacted to require a license fee to use iPlayer and to share info with the agency that fines people for not paying the license fee.
Old Sep 18th 2017, 2:04 pm
Every day's a school day

cheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by uk_grenada
A prog on the BBC interviewed the guy responsible for the project writing iPlayer software a month or two ago and it's all part of the voyage to ensure that only proper license payers and only in the UK do you actually get to use it, it's an evangelical mission for them, they even had laws enacted to require a license fee to use iPlayer and to share info with the agency that fines people for not paying the license fee.
so what happens if you bought a licence then moved abroad and your licence doesn't expire for another 3 months??
Old Sep 18th 2017, 2:09 pm
I still dont believe it..

uk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cheeky_monkey
so what happens if you bought a licence then moved abroad and your licence doesn't expire for another 3 months??
You apply for a refund when you leave because you aren't licensed to use it outside the uk, next...
Old Sep 18th 2017, 2:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Partially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
so that was fortuitous timing!
Wow..big word for a Monday morning. Somebody has been drinking their espresso today.
Old Sep 18th 2017, 2:26 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Wait till the BBC start actually giving Id codes with tv licenses, then disabling codes seen to be used abroad, it's coming.
Originally Posted by Londonuck
Blimey you are quite the voice of doom.
It may well come...and no doubt people will find ways around that too. The likes of FilmOn in its many forms will probably just replace VPNs for some and for others, they'll borrow genuine IDs from friends back home.

In the meantime, Hoxx (free) works great for iPlayer and ITV/C4 but it's not like you can't watch the same stuff from alternative streaming sites. So if/when iPlayer etc is successfully blocked, FilmOn and streaming/downloading is still available.

I watched some of that fantastic Icelandic show 'Trapped' by downloading before discovering it was on Netflix.

It's no skin off my nose whether I use a download manager to download it for later or to watch on Netflix or iPlayer.

The few minutes taken to download is made up for in saved time when you come to watch compared to getting onto Netflix/iPlayer.
Old Sep 18th 2017, 5:12 pm
Every day's a school day

cheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond repute

You apply for a refund when you leave because you aren't licensed to use it outside the uk, next...
chuffing Wayne Kerr's i only want to watch MOTD on a Saturday afternoon
Old Sep 18th 2017, 6:23 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

...i only want to watch MOTD on a Saturday afternoon
Use Hoxx or this site for MOTD or numerous other streaming sites.

Not sure how quickly MOTD appears but lots of things appear within minutes of a broadcast ending.
Old Sep 18th 2017, 7:13 pm
Every day's a school day

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Use Hoxx or this site for MOTD or numerous other streaming sites.

Not sure how quickly MOTD appears but lots of things appear within minutes of a broadcast ending.
I like watching it live so 10.30pm UK time is 3.30pm here ..takes me nicely to tea time..if i could watch the bloody thing.
Old Sep 18th 2017, 7:17 pm
Oscar nominated

I like watching it live so 10.30pm UK time is 3.30pm here ..takes me nicely to tea time..if i could watch the bloody thing.
So, Hoxx then.

I prefer watching on restart so I can 'fast forward' what I already saw earlier.
Old Sep 18th 2017, 7:18 pm
Every day's a school day

Originally Posted by BristolUK
So, Hoxx then.

I prefer watching on restart so I can 'fast forward' what I already saw earlier.
do you have a link for that??
Old Sep 18th 2017, 8:44 pm
Oscar nominated

do you have a link for that??
I thought you knew it...maybe I have you mixed up
Hoxx is an add-on with firefox (and other browsers, I think)

It needs a register/sign on once installed (how is not immediately obvious)...select UK for iPlayer and remember to disable when done.
Old Sep 19th 2017, 1:03 am
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute

The first time you use hoxx for iplayer, clear your cache - BBC may have set a cookie on your system- then use UK server via hoxx and away you go! I watched Andrew Marr and the subsequent two programmes on Sunday without a single instance of buffering.
Old Sep 19th 2017, 5:24 am
Forum Regular

pontcanna has a reputation beyond reputepontcanna has a reputation beyond reputepontcanna has a reputation beyond reputepontcanna has a reputation beyond reputepontcanna has a reputation beyond reputepontcanna has a reputation beyond reputepontcanna has a reputation beyond reputepontcanna has a reputation beyond reputepontcanna has a reputation beyond reputepontcanna has a reputation beyond reputepontcanna has a reputation beyond repute

If you simply want to watch MOTD live, just go to TVCatchup and select BBC One. No VPN necessary.
Old Sep 19th 2017, 4:56 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

It's amazing what they can do with technology these days. The world is getting smaller everyday and young people are really good on their computers.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.