bbc iplayer

Old Aug 19th 2017, 8:02 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: bbc iplayer

Originally Posted by uk_grenada
...Next step according to the more depressing tech forums is to link the accounts to tv license no's which means they can block license attached accounts linked to use abroad with any appeal requiring physical attendance in some way.
The last thing I read from the BBC was that accessing iPlayer from abroad was perfectly legit so long as there was a licence for the UK address.

I doubt physical presence would come into it since not all members of one household covered by the licence are required to all be at home at the same time, nor all abroad at the same time in the same foreigncountry.
Old Aug 19th 2017, 8:06 pm
I still dont believe it..

uk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry but that's simply just not true, otherwise why would the BBC be seeking to block foreign access via VPN et cetera, actually if you just access iPlayer natively from a foreign country and then try to run any video you Will see an obvious message telling you that you cannot view such programs outside the UK. Logically there is a copyright/licensing issue for the programs themselves in that there will be no foreign agreement to allow them to be played and of course the BBC would seek to sell these programs in those countries to their local broadcasters.
Old Aug 19th 2017, 11:01 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry but that's simply just not true, otherwise why would the BBC be seeking to block foreign access via VPN et cetera, actually if you just access iPlayer natively from a foreign country and then try to run any video you Will see an obvious message telling you that you cannot view such programs outside the UK...
Yes I know. I see the message when I view from Canada. I'll see it in a minute when I watch MOTD.

I definitely read the BBC saying that it was okay to view from outside the UK with a licence. Of course they mean when you are resident in the UK but away temporarily.
Old Aug 19th 2017, 11:47 pm

uk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond repute

Technically nope, but as the BBCs software people watch sites like this I won't discuss circumvention suppliers or techniques and I would strongly suggest others don't also, they aren't dumb, you are just causing yourself future issues. Some streaming svcs like Spotify do have a built in 2 week abroad use then they stop but the licensing issue which the BBC seem to daft to sort out means they are unlikely to do that.
Old Aug 19th 2017, 11:58 pm
Oscar nominated

I definitely read the BBC saying that it was okay to view from outside the UK with a licence. Of course they mean when you are resident in the UK but away temporarily.
Back from MOTD.

@ uk_grenadaJust did some googling to see if I could find something.

It seems there was a lot of speculation as the BBC weren't saying how they were going to administer last year's changes.

I think I may have read something like this on the telegraph
The BBC is planning to allow licence fee payers to access the iPlayer from abroad under new Brussels rules designed to create a single market for digital services.

Providers of subscription internet content including Sky, Netflix and Spotify will also be obliged to allow their viewers to use their services from anywhere in the EU.

The BBC said it would undertake a major technical overhaul of the iPlayer to ensure licence fee payers can log in to watch programmes while non-licence fee payers remain excluded.
Of course, if the UK is not in Europe anymore...
Old Aug 20th 2017, 12:13 am

Most of it isn't in their gift, depends on what the Americans want to charge, but such harmonisation has caused them to just not sell to foreign streaming svcs in the past, preferring to drop international walls and sell access in America to individuals abroad.
Old Aug 28th 2017, 6:54 pm
Éireann go Brách

Londonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond repute

Iplayer is back for all Unotelly barstewards. 😁🤗
Old Aug 29th 2017, 2:01 pm
Every day's a school day

cheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond repute

is it? what about ITV?
Old Aug 29th 2017, 2:12 pm

The first rule of iPlayer abroad club is you never openly talk about iPlayer abroad club. When will you people get it, the bad guys are listening ...
Old Aug 29th 2017, 7:18 pm
Éireann go Brách

Londonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond repute

The first rule of iPlayer abroad club is you never openly talk about iPlayer abroad club. When will you people get it, the bad guys are listening ...
Check under your bed
Old Aug 29th 2017, 7:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

plasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like good advice to me. I get ITV and BBC on both my iPad and PC Laptop most satisfactorily for $2 weekly. A tad expensive but saves me from exasperation and frustration. So far, one month, it has worked like a charm. The previous VPN worked well also but couldn't fulfill all my requirements.
Old Aug 30th 2017, 2:25 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134

Is it possible to get Freeview in Canada?
Old Aug 30th 2017, 3:21 am
Éireann go Brách

Technically nope, but as the BBCs software people watch sites like this I won't discuss circumvention suppliers or techniques and I would strongly suggest others don't also, they aren't dumb, you are just causing yourself future issues. Some streaming svcs like Spotify do have a built in 2 week abroad use then they stop but the licensing issue which the BBC seem to daft to sort out means they are unlikely to do that.
I take your point and usually I don't discuss streaming on sites apart from the odd answer to a question or problem someone might be having. If you do a search there are literally thousands of sites discussing streaming on various platforms. I doubt the BBC are that concerned its more looking like they're are. Google's own Chrome has an addon called BEEBS. You think the BBC wouldn't of found out about this and closed it down quickly.

Last edited by Londonuck; Aug 30th 2017 at 3:24 am.
Old Aug 30th 2017, 10:53 am

Originally Posted by Londonuck
I take your point and usually I don't discuss streaming on sites apart from the odd answer to a question or problem someone might be having. If you do a search there are literally thousands of sites discussing streaming on various platforms. I doubt the BBC are that concerned its more looking like they're are. Google's own Chrome has an addon called BEEBS. You think the BBC wouldn't of found out about this and closed it down quickly.
THE preeminent place to discuss technologies and content for allsorts of streaming satellite cable and other TV is a forum called digital spy. The BBC and the company who the BBC use to provide iplayer and blocking are actually named contributors, but people still go on there and say 'isnt widgits free tv service brilliant.......'
Old Aug 30th 2017, 11:25 am
Oscar nominated

...The BBC and the company who the BBC use to provide iplayer and blocking are actually named contributors, but people still go on there and say 'isnt widgits free tv service brilliant.......'
If they are as active as you suggest, they're not very good at doing anything about it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.