Basic Disclosure

Wikiposts

Basic Disclosure

Old Jan 27th 2011, 10:30 am
x 0 x

JB0591 will become famous soon enoughJB0591 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Basic Disclosure

Another update:

If you ask Disclosure Scotland to send you an application form direct to you in Canada it will take 6 - 7 weeks as it is sent via Royal Mail's slowest service. Known as Surface Mail, for those "less important items".

If you follow Disclosure Scotland's website advice and include written request for the certificate to be sent to a UK address they will do it but....there is always a "but" with Disclosure Scotland.....they will put the UK address on the certificate rather than the one u specify in application form.

So if you have been told to get a certificate in your name and address, what Disclosure Scotland send it useless unless you can wait another 7 weeks for the surface mail route.

Got a complaint in at the moment....we will see what happens next.

Grrrrr

JB
Old Feb 11th 2011, 7:20 am
x 0 x

JB0591 will become famous soon enoughJB0591 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Basic Disclosure

I am not the only one.

I was contacted by an engineering company today and asked do you have Enhanced Reliability status? ....when I explained I am having problems getting a Police Certificate out of the UK, they said:

"we have another brit working for us and he had major hassles with a scotish group....is that the same group?....they would not send it directly to Canada, then they put the wrong address on etc"

Blimey it is not just me.

JB

PS: I have a spare Disclosure Scotland form so if anyone has been asked by Public Works to get a Police Certificate for "employment" purposes please PM me and I'll send it over.

Current Status: My complaint worked and they said as a special favour they will send the certificate with my canadian address on it, to my UK forwarding address. But when they did that the Royal Mail returned it to them and they did not bother to tell me. So after waiting 7 days, I contacted them to ask where was it and was told it had been returned. They were not sure why and why no one at there end had not done anything about it. So, after handing over the forwarding address for the fifth time, it is suppose to be in post now....we will see...we will see

Last edited by JB0591; Feb 11th 2011 at 7:24 am.