British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Canada (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/)
-   -   Banned Friar Tuck and Squarepants (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/banned-friar-tuck-squarepants-255505/)

ray1968 Sep 19th 2004 1:38 pm

Banned Friar Tuck and Squarepants

Despite asking Friar to lay off he continued to joust with SP and has been banned.

SP has been involved in many flame wars and name calling with more than one individual on this forum. He has recently come back after being banned and was warned to be on his best behaviour. Yet the same old stuff for me (as moderator) to deal with comes up time and time again. It ruins the forum and I frankly don't have time to deal with it.

No doubt "appeals" will be sent to Paul the owner of the board ...

Ray

CDNReturner Sep 19th 2004 1:44 pm

Re: Banned Friar Tuck and Squarepants

Ah! I did have my suspicions about SP.

ray1968 Sep 19th 2004 1:47 pm

Well I can confirm that SP is MickJ - we knew that for a while - and he was only allowed back when he promised to behave. You can look thru strings of old MickJ posts to see what we dealt with in the past.

liftman Sep 19th 2004 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by CDNReturner
Ah! I did have my suspicions about SP.

Didn't all of the people who were here six months ago....

Well done Ray

Mike Gas Sep 19th 2004 2:32 pm

Well done Ray those two have been driving me up the wall for quite some time with their childish behaviour

willmore Sep 19th 2004 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by Mike Gas
Well done Ray those two have been driving me up the wall for quite some time with their childish behaviour

Yes, well done Ray......it's good to have him gone!!!!!

Spongebob Sep 19th 2004 3:30 pm

MickyJ here again without the cockney accent, had me fooled for a bit.. I had my suspicions since he seemed to post a hell of a lot of new threads.

Bye bye micky.

perkinsgap Sep 19th 2004 9:09 pm

about time

Tiaribbon Sep 19th 2004 9:22 pm

Originally Posted by ray1968
Despite asking Friar to lay off he continued to joust with SP and has been banned.

SP has been involved in many flame wars and name calling with more than one individual on this forum. He has recently come back after being banned and was warned to be on his best behaviour. Yet the same old stuff for me (as moderator) to deal with comes up time and time again. It ruins the forum and I frankly don't have time to deal with it.

No doubt "appeals" will be sent to Paul the owner of the board ...

Ray

Mickj banned again? Have you made the right decision here? Just think of all the valuable knowledge, exquisite language and wonderful links that we will all miss out on. I always found his obnoxious and pompous ways quite endearing..................................nah, only kidding!

dingbat Sep 19th 2004 11:09 pm

Originally Posted by Tiaribbon
Mickj banned again? Have you made the right decision here? Just think of all the valuable knowledge, exquisite language and wonderful links that we will all miss out on. I always found his obnoxious and pompous ways quite endearing..................................nah, only kidding!

I must be immune...MickJ has never bothered me in the least - I can hear that accent as he types...lol...and just don't take offense. He does actually have something useful to contribute and I thought his Squarepants incarnation was rather restrained. ;) I also thought him and Friar Tuck were one in the same.

Interested Sep 20th 2004 2:39 am

Hooray, it's so bloody annoying to have them ruining the forum!!

I thought he might have been Mickj, especially after the picture of a house turned up in one of his posts!

Rhodes Sep 20th 2004 11:04 am

Please don't flame me, people, but I have to say that I found much of what squarepants wrote to be pretty useful, such as the links to various websites and about things that were going on in Ontario.

Originally Posted by dingbat
I must be immune...MickJ has never bothered me in the least - I can hear that accent as he types...lol...and just don't take offense. He does actually have something useful to contribute and I thought his Squarepants incarnation was rather restrained. ;) I also thought him and Friar Tuck were one in the same.

CDNReturner Sep 20th 2004 11:49 am

Originally Posted by Rhodes
Please don't flame me, people, but I have to say that I found much of what squarepants wrote to be pretty useful, such as the links to various websites and about things that were going on in Ontario.

Actually, I didn't find SquarePants quite as irritating as I did the last time around but when those house pictures showed up, I thought oh..no!

I find it interesting how he goes on and on about the great job he has, and the great home and the great wife. But he spends so much time on here, it makes you wonder!!!!

Rhodes Sep 20th 2004 12:14 pm

It's a nice house though!

Glaswegian Sep 20th 2004 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by CDNReturner
But he spends so much time on here, it makes you wonder!!!!

Back to the Carold Vorderman thing ....