Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Banking in Calgary

Banking in Calgary

Old Sep 16th 2009, 11:51 am
BE Enthusiast

gibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nice
Default Re: Banking in Calgary

hello again bud,

sounds good fella, we are not to impressed with the bank we went with, don't give you much really.

I have been thinking we should change as soon as we get our PR, so now we are waiting for our passports to come back (on website says "decision made" hhhaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy), hopefully some time this week, we will have to book an appointment.

Cheers for now, off to work,
Carl
Old Sep 16th 2009, 1:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Paul5455 is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Re: Banking in Calgary

i wonder if sam secretly has shares with TD
all seriousness, Sam's contact is top notch, and will sort everything out muchos quick!
Old Sep 16th 2009, 2:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Paul5455
i wonder if sam secretly has shares with TD
all seriousness, Sam's contact is top notch, and will sort everything out muchos quick!
Just a $1 for every client I sent them would be nice

Thanks for the nice comments
Sam
Old Sep 16th 2009, 4:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Sam-in-Okotoks
Just a $1 for every client I sent them would be nice

Thanks for the nice comments
Sam
Hi Sam,

Seriously! You should negotiate a deal, everything has a price, even TD Bank!

Y
Old Sep 16th 2009, 5:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Yogi-Bear
Hi Sam,

Seriously! You should negotiate a deal, everything has a price, even TD Bank!

Y
It sounds a great idea but I like referrals to be based on good service and trust rather than somebody thinking I get something out of it. I don't take a penny from the banks or mortgage brokers that way it keeps everything above board. If I were to take a referral fee from them I feel it would also give me less leverage when I go and ask them for something. Doing it this way they need me rather than the other way round.
Old Sep 16th 2009, 9:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of light

It sounds a great idea but I like referrals to be based on good service and trust rather than somebody thinking I get something out of it. I don't take a penny from the banks or mortgage brokers that way it keeps everything above board. If I were to take a referral fee from them I feel it would also give me less leverage when I go and ask them for something. Doing it this way they need me rather than the other way round.
Hi Sam,

Good point!

Personally though, I never thought for a minute you were getting something out of it, and even you were, I don't have a problem with that as I'm more than happy with what you've done for us

Y
Old Sep 16th 2009, 10:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Hobbess
Hey Sam can I bug you for some similar advice too. Banking for the wife and I is just about to change so keen to know what good options there are.

Currently I bank with RBC and have our mortgage and credit card with them too, as I have all their products I don't pay any fees. My wife is/was with Citizens bank and was also banking for free.

However, we are moving our mortgage next month and Citizens bank has stopped offering current accounts since they were bought out by TD. So we're up for moving things around to get the best value for our regular banking. I'm keen to keep the RBC credit card as we have the Avion one for points which seems like a good deal as rewards go.

Thanks in advance
Hey Hobbess

Some good news, I was talking with the bank today and they will offer you the same deal I can get for everybody else. I told them you were already here and they said that didin't matter.

If you are interested, please send me an email and I will put you in tocuh.

Sam
Old Sep 16th 2009, 10:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Yogi-Bear
Hi Sam,

Good point!

Personally though, I never thought for a minute you were getting something out of it, and even you were, I don't have a problem with that as I'm more than happy with what you've done for us

Y
Thanks Yogi
Old Sep 17th 2009, 5:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by gibbos1
hello again bud,

sounds good fella, we are not to impressed with the bank we went with, don't give you much really.

I have been thinking we should change as soon as we get our PR, so now we are waiting for our passports to come back (on website says "decision made" hhhaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy), hopefully some time this week, we will have to book an appointment.

Cheers for now, off to work,
Carl
Hi Carl,

Give Sam a shout about the banking, as she's just confirmed to Hob than she can get the same deal to landed immigrants too!

y
Old Sep 17th 2009, 12:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Paul5455 is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Re: Banking in Calgary

how about if i get commission if i recommend people to sam......?
Old Sep 17th 2009, 2:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Paul5455
how about if i get commission if i recommend people to sam......?
You shoud recommend me out of love
Old Sep 17th 2009, 3:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

You shoud recommend me out of love
Well Sam, I have to admit I was thinking along the lines of Paul

Y
Old Sep 19th 2009, 11:29 pm
Banned

maggieg is an unknown quantity at this point

If I understand the website correctly Sam will give you 25% of the money she earns from you back to you.

Just suggest to your friends that you want some of the money that sam is going to give them.