Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Bank account help!

Bank account help!

Old Jul 22nd 2013, 2:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Bank account help!

Originally Posted by purplepanda
So I have arrived in Canada with a one year work permit and am researching possible banks to open a Chequing account (I think this is like a British current account?).

I have got leaflets from about 6 banks but I don't understand all the jargon!

Ideally I will get some ATM withdrawals for free (min maybe 10 a month) and the bank will be across Canada (I want to travel). I don't have much money to put in at the start (maybe £300 /$450). I'll use it to pay any wages into and take my money out. Will be my only Canadian account.

Some banks have good intro offer. Any ideas?
Presidents Choice for free banking and as they are operated by the CIBC, your money is covered by the financial services compensation scheme:

http://www.banking.pcfinancial.ca/mk...en&signinop=ob