Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

baked beans in tom sauce ...any chance (halifax )

baked beans in tom sauce ...any chance (halifax )

Old Dec 25th 2004, 9:46 pm
Forum Regular

Location: SHEFFIELD uk can't wait to move in our house in Louisbourg N.S as soon as possible
louisbourg will become famous soon enough
Default baked beans in tom sauce ...any chance (halifax )

happy holidays everyone

ok , here goes ...............BE QUICK PLEASE .............. any chance english baked beans in any supermarkets in halifax ......
we are flying out on monday and just sat here lauging ( me and my hubby )

HAVE WE GOT ROOM TO TAKE BAKED BEANS ????????????
OR ...............can we get them ..............

if you are in the area , and have got some , please let me know , we are over for 3 month's so maybe we will have to pack some

long live the FULL ENGLISH

all the best
thankyou
sharon
Old Dec 25th 2004, 10:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Corky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: baked beans in tom sauce ...any chance (halifax )

Sharon, They sell heinz beans in the stores here, I think they taste the same but then I am not a big bean eater!!! Also there is a store in Bedford that sells all kinds of things English and they do have Heinz Beans....maybe more than you are used to paying for them though. By the way we had a dusting of snow and it is much cooler than it was the other day...lots of sun though.If you have room in your suitcases perhaps you could put a few cans in just to be on the safe side...What else will you miss while you are here?
Old Dec 25th 2004, 10:25 pm
Once bemused

Rhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really nice

There was a thread a while ago how the baked beans are different over there. Some at least contain molasses, apparently.

I admire your dedication! And good luck...
Old Dec 25th 2004, 10:31 pm
Once bemused

Rhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really nice

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=251377

Try this link for a discusion about baked beans.
Old Dec 26th 2004, 12:02 am
Glaswegian

The BIG question is ... can you get the UK spelling version of Alphabetti Spaghetti, or just the North American one?

Old Dec 26th 2004, 1:18 am
BE Enthusiast

ukjo is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Glaswegian
The BIG question is ... can you get the UK spelling version of Alphabetti Spaghetti, or just the North American one?
LMAO!!

The Heinz beans here arent completely the same but I normally buy Heinz Tomato Ketchup so squirt a little bit of that in the bins and they taste more like the real thing
Old Dec 26th 2004, 1:36 am
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Seriously, if beans are going to be a big issue, maybe you should rethink the whole emmigration process..its going to be the least of you worries in the long run!
Old Dec 26th 2004, 5:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Majj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really nice

Originally Posted by iaink
Seriously, if beans are going to be a big issue, maybe you should rethink the whole emmigration process..its going to be the least of you worries in the long run!
Either that, or people should have fully conducted and concluded their research into baked beans before commencing the immigration process
Old Dec 26th 2004, 1:02 pm
Once bemused

From what I've read on this forum, the bacon might also be a disappointment.
Old Dec 26th 2004, 1:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Corky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to behold

Thats for sure!!! There is nothing like english bacon....But you do get used to eating the streaky greasy maple tasting stuff here, and in the end you may come to like it....

Just heard we are to get a major snowstorm over night and in to tomorrow so you better not worry about food, just whether you can land...
Old Dec 26th 2004, 2:01 pm
Forum Regular

Location: SHEFFIELD uk can't wait to move in our house in Louisbourg N.S as soon as possible
louisbourg will become famous soon enough

thank you very much for the pm corky

much appreciated in deed, and i will get on the boards to keep up with everything

we have heard of the approaching storm .....
(my msn has been on fire )
.. 20 - 40 cm apparently for halifax ....oooooooo dearrrrrr with high winds ..... perfect lol

decided to for go the anti wrinkle cream and swapped it for another sweater !!
anyway , will check back later .more cleaning and packing to do

happy new year everyone

sharon
Old Dec 26th 2004, 3:57 pm
Glaswegian

Originally Posted by Corky
But you do get used to eating the streaky greasy maple tasting stuff here, and in the end you may come to like it....
Not bloody likely, it's awful ... the taste and greasy texture are hard to describe, but it just doesn't replace decent Brit bacon ...

Old Dec 26th 2004, 6:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Not bloody likely, it's awful ... the taste and greasy texture are hard to describe, but it just doesn't replace decent Brit bacon ...
You are so right there truly is nothing like english bacon...I guess I am just used to it. I do like Bacon and egg and also a good BLT. Course when my brit rellies come over they like the change.
Old Dec 26th 2004, 6:40 pm
Glaswegian

Originally Posted by Corky
You are so right there truly is nothing like english bacon...
English bacon is okay ... for me there's nothing like real Ayrshire bacon ... you've got to buy it fresh from the butchers, the supermarket stuff just isn't the same.

Old Dec 27th 2004, 12:34 am
BE Forum Addict

CalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really nice

English-style Heinz baked beans are banned in Canada and cannot be imported. So says the proprietor of the British Pantry in Calgary when I asked for some.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.