British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Canada (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/)
-   -   Back on this forum after almost 17 Years!!! Wow (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/back-forum-after-almost-17-years-wow-946535/)

London2OntarioRealtor Dec 30th 2022 5:12 am

Back on this forum after almost 17 Years!!! Wow

Just making the title of my post shocked me. I can not believe its been 17 years roughly since I was a big regular posters of a billion questions and when I could try to help others from my experiances. Was not able to even figure out my old log in user name or login details so made a new one. I originally applied for PR application moved from London England to Toronto Canada. Think back then was 72 points needed. Be interesting if any older members who applied around that time and now many years later how they are doing. Hope all of you whether you applying new or moved over and settled are all doing great.

I have had times where I have questioned my decision to move but stuck it out during the very tough times in begining years. Ended up coming right when the country had a recession 1 year after I moved. Went from marketing career to factory jobs. Then got a licence in fire service industry. Spent 15 years in it. Got laid off during covid and started a new career as a Real Estate Agent 1 year ago. Its been a long road and the road is still going. Life is never easy but I always work hard with a big heart. I moved when I was byself and now with 2 kids and wife and family. Anyway wish you all the very best luck and happy to be part of the community forum again. Its an awesome place and helped me so much to get move to canada.

ribblerider May 17th 2023 2:07 pm

Re: Back on this forum after almost 17 Years!!! Wow

Originally Posted by London2OntarioRealtor (Post 13162429)
Just making the title of my post shocked me. I can not believe its been 17 years roughly since I was a big regular posters of a billion questions and when I could try to help others from my experiances. Was not able to even figure out my old log in user name or login details so made a new one. I originally applied for PR application moved from London England to Toronto Canada. Think back then was 72 points needed. Be interesting if any older members who applied around that time and now many years later how they are doing. Hope all of you whether you applying new or moved over and settled are all doing great.

I have had times where I have questioned my decision to move but stuck it out during the very tough times in begining years. Ended up coming right when the country had a recession 1 year after I moved. Went from marketing career to factory jobs. Then got a licence in fire service industry. Spent 15 years in it. Got laid off during covid and started a new career as a Real Estate Agent 1 year ago. Its been a long road and the road is still going. Life is never easy but I always work hard with a big heart. I moved when I was byself and now with 2 kids and wife and family. Anyway wish you all the very best luck and happy to be part of the community forum again. Its an awesome place and helped me so much to get move to canada.

Real Estate Agent... are you still doing this? We are possibly moving to Toronto in August, pending work visas.

DandNHill May 18th 2023 10:25 pm

Re: Back on this forum after almost 17 Years!!! Wow

Originally Posted by London2OntarioRealtor (Post 13162429)

Im a real estate broker in Hamilton and Niagara. We should have a British realtor convention! Lol