Baby Due

Old Aug 2nd 2005, 10:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Mr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Baby Due

Hello again folks.
I'm posting this in the 'immigration' forum as well, but you guys are generally more polite and helpful, so I'll stick it here in case anyone's had the same experience.

Yet another question in our ongoing immigration saga.

We're going to have an addition to the family next February, all being well. Slap bang in the middle of our emigration process (and just about the time I get made redundant and we try and sell our house!).

I'll be applying for PR at the back end of this year (September - November).
Will we have to fill out another application for the baby later on, bearing in mind we're emigrating as family class (my partner's Canadian)?
Old Aug 2nd 2005, 1:11 pm
sticky beaking

R2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Baby Due

[
Hi there,
We applied under skilled worker in Sept 03, with our second child not being due until Oct 03, but just added him on when he was a couple of months old (just old enough to keep his head up for the photo). We sent the paperwork off with our file number plastered all over everything and just kept fingers crossed that they, ( the high commission) would tie it all up together. You don't hear a thing so it was a relief when the paperwork came through and he was on it too. Phew.... How it works under family class, I don't know.
Old Aug 2nd 2005, 2:52 pm
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mr Lee
I'll be applying for PR at the back end of this year (September - November). Will we have to fill out another application for the baby later on, bearing in mind we're emigrating as family class (my partner's Canadian)?
If you partner is Canadian, my understanding is that your child automatically will have a right to Canadian citizenship, although you will need to apply for the relevant documentation on your child's behalf.

Here's a blurb from the Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade web site. By accident this happens to be the Asia Pacific / Japan page, but I'm sure a more diligent Internet search than I am prepared to do will bring up a Europe / United Kingdom page.

Canadian Citizenship-Children Born Abroad

The proof of Canadian citizenship for a Canadian born abroad is a Canadian citizenship certificate. A child born abroad to at least one Canadian parent is a Canadian citizen. However the child will not possess a birth certificate issued by a Canadian governmental authority and for proof of Canadian citizenship, the child will need to obtain a Canadian citizenship certificate. An application must be submitted to obtain this certificate.

Here is a form entitled Application for Citizenship Certificate from Outside Canada.

Hope that helps.
Old Aug 2nd 2005, 3:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

Judy's right, if the child is born to a Canadian citizen outside Canada (after 1977) they're Canadian but you need to apply and get a citizenship certificate.

If you're travelling to Canada soon after, you can apply at the same time to London for a short validity 1yr passport for the child. It costs an extra 11quid or so if I remember rightly. The certificate took about about 4 or 5mths to arrive for my son, but it says it can be far, far longer on the website... so if you take a passport it will make things easier when you come to enter the country, apply for healthcare for your child, etc etc. We got the passport about 3 or 4wks after applying.
Old Aug 2nd 2005, 5:49 pm

hot wasabi peas is an unknown quantity at this point

We're going to have an addition to the family next February
Congratulations

Old Aug 3rd 2005, 1:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hot wasabi peas
Congratulations

Ha ha!

Cheers!

It was a little unexpected but welcome nonetheless!
Old Aug 4th 2005, 8:58 am
MCC
Forum Regular

MCC is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Biiiiink
Judy's right, if the child is born to a Canadian citizen outside Canada (after 1977) they're Canadian but you need to apply and get a citizenship certificate.

If you're travelling to Canada soon after, you can apply at the same time to London for a short validity 1yr passport for the child. It costs an extra 11quid or so if I remember rightly. The certificate took about about 4 or 5mths to arrive for my son, but it says it can be far, far longer on the website... so if you take a passport it will make things easier when you come to enter the country, apply for healthcare for your child, etc etc. We got the passport about 3 or 4wks after applying.

That's correct! but I applied last September for my kids citizenship and it took 10 months (they quoted 15). So do it asap not to delay anything else!!

MCC
Old Aug 4th 2005, 12:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

joelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to behold

Hello again folks.

We're going to have an addition to the family next February, all being well. Slap bang in the middle of our emigration process
Congratulations on your new addition.
I also became pregnant half way through our immigration process and heres what we found out from CHC. We never told them about the pregnancy until they sent us forms to get our Medicals done. It happened to be around the time of the Sandown show in March, so we spoke to them face to face and we had a written letter to give them on the day (we also sent a copy through the post, can never be too diligent ).
They told us it was ok to delay medicals until after the baby was born, and then send in all our medical information together with a copy of the baby's birth certificate, passport and an application form for the baby to add to ours.
Still sitting here waiting for the arrival, baby is due in 8 days time.
Good luck Jo xx

Sorry didn't realise you were family class, we're Skilled worker, so is probably a different process for you. I read somwhere once just send them as much info as possible, even if they haven't asked for it, then there'll be no delays in your application. Jo xx

Last edited by joelsa; Aug 4th 2005 at 12:32 pm.