Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

B4 & B4e Goods Forms - template attached.

B4 & B4e Goods Forms - template attached.

Old Apr 24th 2006, 12:07 am
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: B4 & B4e Goods Forms - template attached.

Originally Posted by joelsa
I didn't know you had to special forms for pre-school children.
That was a remark that was meant to be taken with a shovelful of salt.
Old Apr 24th 2006, 9:30 am
The Seldom Seen Kid

Buchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really nice
Default Re: B4 & B4e Goods Forms - Details

Is this sufficient detail ???

Box 1
3 x boxes of children mememtoes (e.g. Baby suit, rattles, etc)
2 x Ladies Adidas Trainers.
30 x Childrens Books.
1 x Gents Next Coat.
2 x Gents Leather Jackets

What value goes on each item. Replacement or $ I'd get if I put them on ebay ?

Item 1 is worth nothing / priceless to us assume I give in a N/A price rating ?
Old Apr 24th 2006, 12:42 pm
smokes, let's go

Tidge is just really niceTidge is just really niceTidge is just really niceTidge is just really niceTidge is just really niceTidge is just really niceTidge is just really niceTidge is just really niceTidge is just really niceTidge is just really niceTidge is just really nice

I haven't bothered listing individual clothing myself! I really don't think you need to go that in-depth (unless it's something valuable). Other lists I've seen just mention 'box of clothes - $200, 10x pairs of shoes - $100', that sort of thing.

I've given more detail for items of value i.e. Ipod, cameras, surfboard etc (make, model and serial # if there is one). And given an approximate yard-sale-price value in $. Items of no value (i.e. personal papers, scrapbooks) I've just listed at $0.00.
Old Apr 24th 2006, 9:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

joelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Tidge
I haven't bothered listing individual clothing myself! I really don't think you need to go that in-depth (unless it's something valuable). Other lists I've seen just mention 'box of clothes - $200, 10x pairs of shoes - $100', that sort of thing.

I've given more detail for items of value i.e. Ipod, cameras, surfboard etc (make, model and serial # if there is one). And given an approximate yard-sale-price value in $. Items of no value (i.e. personal papers, scrapbooks) I've just listed at $0.00.
Have you hand written all your lists?

We've just spent days filling ours in as spreadsheets in exel and have just realised about the b4 forms and they have to be hand written tried to look at the above attatchments (pdf & zip) and they don't work
Can anyone shed some light?
It doesn't say anywhere on the info form (the one that came back with the passports and IMM5292 forms) from the CIC, that a b4/b4e forms have GOT to be filled in, it merely refers the "cbsa" web site as additional information. Surely if it was an absolute must that these b4/b4e forms HAD to be filled in, it would say so in block capitals at the top of the page. The fact that it is a casual mention at the very bottom of the page doesn't screem out any importance to me.
I could be wrong, but what about the millions (ok hundreds) of people that are going through this process without a PC and the access to said forms! Just a thought.
(and i can't bear the thought of having to handwrite our lists)

Jo xx

Last edited by joelsa; Apr 24th 2006 at 9:40 pm.
Old Apr 24th 2006, 10:23 pm
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by joelsa
Have you hand written all your lists?

We've just spent days filling ours in as spreadsheets in exel and have just realised about the b4 forms and they have to be hand written tried to look at the above attatchments (pdf & zip) and they don't work
Can anyone shed some light?
It doesn't say anywhere on the info form (the one that came back with the passports and IMM5292 forms) from the CIC, that a b4/b4e forms have GOT to be filled in, it merely refers the "cbsa" web site as additional information. Surely if it was an absolute must that these b4/b4e forms HAD to be filled in, it would say so in block capitals at the top of the page. The fact that it is a casual mention at the very bottom of the page doesn't screem out any importance to me.
I could be wrong, but what about the millions (ok hundreds) of people that are going through this process without a PC and the access to said forms! Just a thought.
(and i can't bear the thought of having to handwrite our lists)

Jo xx
You can relax. You don't even need to complete the B4 forms. If you arrive at Canadian customs without B4 forms, the customs official will fill them out for you. The only reason for completing the B4 forms in advance is to save time when you're going through your Canadian port of entry.

What you do need to provide are lists of goods that get attached to the relevant B4 forms (one list of stuff that you're bringing with you and another list of stuff that will follow you later). The first time we went through this exercise, in the late 1970s, people didn't have PCs yet, and we prepared our (fortunately relatively short) lists on a typewriter. The next time we went through the exercise, upon our January 2000 return from two back-to-back expat assignments outside of Canada, we too used Excel to prepare our lists.
Old Apr 24th 2006, 10:27 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Judy in Calgary
You can relax. You don't even need to complete the B4 forms. If you arrive at Canadian customs without B4 forms, the customs official will fill them out for you. The only reason for completing the B4 forms in advance is to save time when you're going through your Canadian port of entry.

What you do need to provide are lists of goods that get attached to the relevant B4 forms (one list of stuff that you're bringing with you and another list of stuff that will follow you later). The first time we went through this exercise, in the late 1970s, people didn't have PCs yet, and we prepared our (fortunately relatively short) lists on a typewriter. The next time we went through the exercise, upon our January 2000 return from two back-to-back expat assignments outside of Canada, we too used Excel to prepare our lists.

As Judy says the nice man(or woman) at customs will fill in the B forms if you havent just have a computer generated form to attach.
We filled in the absolute basics on the forms had Excel produced list to accompany them and robert was your mothers fathers son.
Old May 4th 2006, 7:51 am
BE Forum Addict

cov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to behold

Yet another goods to follow question...

we're landing on Sunday with a couple of suitcases full of stuff, returning to the UK in 12 days, then coming back to Canada at some point towards the end of the year with more suitcases.

If we're taking an item with us on this trip, bringing it back to the UK, then bringing it back to Canada later in the year, should we list it on BOTH the goods accompanying and goods to follow forms (it's a laptop, so we'd list the serial number to prove it's the same item going back and forth)?
Old Nov 11th 2006, 6:20 pm
smokes, let's go

Tidge is just really niceTidge is just really niceTidge is just really niceTidge is just really niceTidge is just really niceTidge is just really niceTidge is just really niceTidge is just really niceTidge is just really niceTidge is just really niceTidge is just really nice

Just bumping this thread as it will be of interest to the nearly-here! This was tried and tested on Canadian immigration and customs recently, so it works.

Just to clarify, I filled out B4-E for my 'Goods accompanying' - this has only eight lines, so I used B4-A to list the rest, put 'page 2 of 2' in the second sheet. For my list of 'Goods to Follow' I used only sheet B4-A (use as many of these as you need).

As far as details, my list read something like this:

Surfboard - 'Magic Carpet' Mini Mal x1 $200
Shoes & boots x10 $100
CDs - Audio/data/back-up x 120 $80

So I just described what it was, brand name, model and serial number (if applicable), quantity and value. For value, use current, what-you-would-get-on-ebay-today price, not what you bought it for. Documents, papers etc I valued at $0, and put the list in order of value, the highest valued items at the top.

I used the fillable PDF files on this thread, so I filled it out on the PC and printed them out. When I landed and got to customs, the guy looked at my fancy-looking documents, went "Wow, wheee, great, awesome" (not sure if he really read them properly!) Didn't want to check my bags or anything, just sent me straight off to the customs booth, where they looked at my lists and gave me a blue and white document which basically says you owe nothing in duties.

When my goods arrived by ship later (btw I used Advance Forwarding in the UK who were GREAT) I took my blue and white document, along with the docs I was sent by the shipping agents and took them to Customs Clearance (CBSA), which was near Toronto airport. Again, an agent just looked over the documents, asked for ID, stamped them and that was it! Then I was free to collect them from the shipping agents at their depot.

Last edited by Tidge; Nov 11th 2006 at 6:27 pm.
Old Nov 14th 2006, 4:20 pm
Forum Regular

little-beauty is on a distinguished road

Bonjour

It's good to see these lists are still doing the rounds. THEY WORK A TREAT.

The Customs staff love them. Canada Customs staff rarely crack a smile but when we handed over our neat processed lists the officer was extremely pleased at how much time we'd just saved her.

Concurrently, other officers were dealing with families clutching dog-eared handwritten lists.

Little-Bster.
Old Nov 14th 2006, 7:30 pm
smokes, let's go

Originally Posted by little-beauty
Bonjour

It's good to see these lists are still doing the rounds. THEY WORK A TREAT.

The Customs staff love them. Canada Customs staff rarely crack a smile but when we handed over our neat processed lists the officer was extremely pleased at how much time we'd just saved her.

Concurrently, other officers were dealing with families clutching dog-eared handwritten lists.

Little-Bster.
Yes, the trick to landing is to do anything that gets you out the airport ASAP!
Old Dec 21st 2006, 6:25 pm
Forum Regular

little-beauty is on a distinguished road

..re-attaching the original file Powerpoint, that was corrupt.

Use this and watch your customs officer go giddy with delight

Little-B'ster.
Attached Files
File Type: ppt
b4 and b4e.ppt (775.0 KB, 3279 views)
Old Dec 21st 2006, 7:04 pm
Just Joined

aine1804 will become famous soon enough

Great stuff. We've managed to save and open it up.

Many thanks for passing this info on.

Jane
Old Dec 21st 2006, 8:56 pm
Forum Regular

Tim_in_SF has a spectacular aura aboutTim_in_SF has a spectacular aura aboutTim_in_SF has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by little-beauty
..re-attaching the original file Powerpoint, that was corrupt.

Use this and watch your customs officer go giddy with delight

Little-B'ster.
I used the "goods to follow" form/list as part of my landing on Tuesday... it was a big help and saved me the trouble creating my own document... many thanks!

In all the fuss (landing / 2 weeks holiday) I didn't put any monetary values against my 2 pages of items on the goods to follow list. The customs officer was happy to stamp it without them! Just for the record, I was very loose with my descriptions e.g. 5 boxes of assorted kitchen utensils, 3 boxes of glasses, 6 boxes of clothes etc and he said that was OK.

All in all, my landing experience at Toronto airport was a breeze... maybe even an anti-climax
Old Mar 3rd 2007, 1:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Robski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud of

Guys, to you all - thank you very much, there is some really good information in this thread, and the fillable forms rock!

However, on the "Goods accompanying me form" not sure how to categorise my cat, or what value to give her???

Ok, sorry,...

Going back off to continuing filling in page 7 of goods sheets.... (all being doen very optimisticly in anticipation of PPR turning up one day, some day,...

Old Mar 3rd 2007, 1:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

PaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to all

thanks to the guys who put the fillable forms on.....save my wife a problem.....anything that will make landing easier is a big help.
Paul

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.