Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Atlantic immigration program and work for AYR Motors

Atlantic immigration program and work for AYR Motors

Old Dec 7th 2017, 8:00 am
Just Joined

supergino9 has a reputation beyond reputesupergino9 has a reputation beyond reputesupergino9 has a reputation beyond reputesupergino9 has a reputation beyond reputesupergino9 has a reputation beyond reputesupergino9 has a reputation beyond reputesupergino9 has a reputation beyond reputesupergino9 has a reputation beyond reputesupergino9 has a reputation beyond reputesupergino9 has a reputation beyond reputesupergino9 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Atlantic immigration program and work for AYR Motors

hi everyone

Next year i will move to NB from UK and work for AYR motors under program AIP..
Any experience with NB,Woodstock,Fredericton and AYR Motors??
I read about AYR and fill not good but all posts was made 7y ago....Any change for newcomers?AIP program looks good(PR) AYR yes they pay 0.18c for 8 weeks but this time when you make your CA licence....After that 41c and up to 44c(my contract)Any information welcome....Cheers
Old Dec 8th 2017, 4:19 am
BE Enthusiast

flat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Atlantic immigration program and work for AYR Motors

18c per mile I don't care whether this is training or not , they're taking the piss .What about all the unpaid waiting ? My advice fwiw , don't do it .
Best of luck with that shower
Old Dec 8th 2017, 6:31 am
Just Joined

supergino9 has a reputation beyond reputesupergino9 has a reputation beyond reputesupergino9 has a reputation beyond reputesupergino9 has a reputation beyond reputesupergino9 has a reputation beyond reputesupergino9 has a reputation beyond reputesupergino9 has a reputation beyond reputesupergino9 has a reputation beyond reputesupergino9 has a reputation beyond reputesupergino9 has a reputation beyond reputesupergino9 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Atlantic immigration program

I just asking about AIP program..If any one go for it...18c for 8 weeks.....Is only for Canada for 8 weeks....
I did research and some company don't pay ....What the good point you go there with Job,Permanent Residence,and you learn for exam class one..I think that good move to settle there....On other hand if you will go for EE you have to do it Class A licence you will pay more for training and exam(around 2000-3000)..so I think that period you will do everywhere....
any more about AIP????

Last edited by supergino9; Dec 8th 2017 at 6:40 am.
Old Dec 8th 2017, 12:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

neilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond repute

If you are coming here to only make barely enough money to survive, while being run ragged then go for it.
Otherwise, take FTTM’s advice above and steer well clear of this shower and the AIP programme.
If you are looking to make a half decent living with far more variety, then look into the MB programme which is similar with some good starter companies.
Old Dec 8th 2017, 12:50 pm
Just Joined

I checked MB program and they don’t give you PR.....But after 8 weeks they pay normal money compare to other....
Old Dec 8th 2017, 3:35 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by supergino9
I checked MB program and they don’t give you PR.....
The MB PNP? It's a PR application, so yes, it does get you PR.
Old Dec 8th 2017, 4:19 pm
Just Joined

Have You Got any links?They will go with the job offer?Here in NB I will move with job offer..So I have contract signed,now only waiting for visa...after PR
Old Dec 8th 2017, 6:36 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133

Responded to your other threat but please under no circumstances work for that shower. They are a joke. 90 hours a week for pittance. You will be tied to them until you have PR. You will be on the road for 10 - 14 days and home for 2-3. Not fun. They are and have always been a revolving door for immigrants. I know that you want to come here and that you think that you will just give it a go and see. You will end up with your dream and bank account in tatters. There are much better options available to you. They are a disgrace.
Old Dec 8th 2017, 6:50 pm
Just Joined

Did you worked for them?
I read some good opinion about AYR..
4 days work 2 off or 10-12 days work and 4 off..
How long take to get PR?I think first give you temporary PR??
For me now important is go legally to NB make Driving licence,experience driving in CA
And PR....Have look around and for example Eassons have similar rate...Check others and all you start from 37...up to 44...Ayr pay 35-44.....but thank you for your comments..

Last edited by supergino9; Dec 8th 2017 at 6:55 pm.
Old Dec 8th 2017, 8:34 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133

Did you worked for them?
I read some good opinion about AYR..
4 days work 2 off or 10-12 days work and 4 off..
How long take to get PR?I think first give you temporary PR??
For me now important is go legally to NB make Driving licence,experience driving in CA
And PR....Have look around and for example Eassons have similar rate...Check others and all you start from 37...up to 44...Ayr pay 35-44.....but thank you for your comments..
No I did not work for them. I dodged that bullet along with a couple of others by doing research on them and other bad companies. I have heard first hand from former drivers all about how Ayr Motor treated them. Nothing but horror stories. They have an appalling reputation here and I cant warn you strongly enough about not working for them.

I understand that it is important to come here legally and to get PR. But you would not be the first person to go and work for a company like that and lose everything that you have. They dont care if you starve to death as long as your load got there first.

Yes most companies here will pay roughly the same but the big difference being the other stuff that you get paid for eg waiting time etc. Ayr Motor are the bottom of the pile. If they say that you should earn 45k per year expect 35k. If they told me that the sky is blue I would go outside and check.

I am not making fun of you but do you fully understand the process of getting PR here?

It depends on your circumstances but it can take a couple of years to get PR. Things have changed since I went through the process but its still not going to be something that happens quickly.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat133; Dec 8th 2017 at 8:40 pm.
Old Dec 8th 2017, 9:08 pm
Just Joined

Thanx for advice...I have contract with them now and contract show 45k...and go up...
Can I ask you about United Parcel Service in NB....If they have hub in NB or any Atlantic province?Driving truck for UPS...
Old Dec 9th 2017, 3:31 pm
Account Closed

Thanx for advice...I have contract with them now and contract show 45k...and go up...
Can I ask you about United Parcel Service in NB....If they have hub in NB or any Atlantic province?Driving truck for UPS...
UPS will have depots in Fredericton, Moncton and SJ def. If you are thinking about trunking it does not really exist here. The main hub would be Toronto. It is then contracted out for the slower stuff to various companies. The hub and spoke model common in Europe does not really exist here due to the massive distances. If you are talking about the local delivery trucks then you will find them and fed ex etc in the three main towns.

Does your contract specifically say that they are paying you a salary of 45k or is it and expected earnings?
Old Dec 9th 2017, 5:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

jamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond repute

I take it your contract shows a minimum amount per month? for the first 6 months then a figure for the rest of the contract ? ...why not ask to run out of AYRs Winnipeg terminal .
Old Dec 10th 2017, 12:15 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by jamesmc
I take it your contract shows a minimum amount per month? for the first 6 months then a figure for the rest of the contract ? ...why not ask to run out of AYRs Winnipeg terminal .
1. Because Manitoba no longer has a path to PR for Long Haul Truckers"
Old Dec 10th 2017, 9:12 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PMM
1. Because Manitoba no longer has a path to PR for Long Haul Truckers"
Are you sure PMM? I know you are usually an expert on all immi matters but I can't see anything on the MB PNP website to say that truckers are no longer eligible under the SW in Canada/SW overseas streams? As the MB PNP doesn't require 'skilled' workers to be NOC Level A, O or B (unlike the Federal definition of 'skilled workers'), I can't see why they could no longer apply?

I'm sure I've just missed a news release or similar though, but just checking for the OP.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.