Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Assimilate, or try and stay British

Assimilate, or try and stay British

Old Sep 18th 2009, 11:05 pm
Forum Regular

PrairieSushi has much to be proud ofPrairieSushi has much to be proud ofPrairieSushi has much to be proud ofPrairieSushi has much to be proud ofPrairieSushi has much to be proud ofPrairieSushi has much to be proud ofPrairieSushi has much to be proud ofPrairieSushi has much to be proud ofPrairieSushi has much to be proud ofPrairieSushi has much to be proud ofPrairieSushi has much to be proud of
Default Re: Assimilate, or try and stay British

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy
Well the day Stanley beat ManUre (god have i been infected now ) is sadly a long way off
I'm Scots ... but I've got to say what the **** are you northerners talking about?

Makes me want to watch ice hockey
Old Sep 18th 2009, 11:07 pm
Forum Regular

lowbo is a jewel in the roughlowbo is a jewel in the roughlowbo is a jewel in the roughlowbo is a jewel in the rough

that is sooo true when i moved to surrey and mentioned i used to live in accy the biggest comment i got was 'well you don't sound like them on the advert !' which of course led to me having to explain the sarcasm of the ad
Old Sep 18th 2009, 11:13 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alan2005
Most people only know about them cos of that milk advert in the 80's
Originally Posted by PrairieSushi
I'm Scots ... but I've got to say what the **** are you northerners talking about?

Here you go lads
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accrington_Stanley_F.C.
Old Sep 18th 2009, 11:18 pm
Forum Regular

PrairieSushi has much to be proud ofPrairieSushi has much to be proud ofPrairieSushi has much to be proud ofPrairieSushi has much to be proud ofPrairieSushi has much to be proud ofPrairieSushi has much to be proud ofPrairieSushi has much to be proud ofPrairieSushi has much to be proud ofPrairieSushi has much to be proud ofPrairieSushi has much to be proud ofPrairieSushi has much to be proud of

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pieK7b4KLL4
Old Sep 18th 2009, 11:22 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy
hahaha - classic.

Edit: Not sure if you broke the link deliberately (it's fxed in mine)

Last edited by Alan2005; Sep 18th 2009 at 11:24 pm.
Old Sep 18th 2009, 11:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

triumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond repute

Ahhh! Isn't Butch cute as a likkle lad!
Old Sep 18th 2009, 11:33 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by triumphguy
Ahhh! Isn't Butch cute as a likkle lad!
Makes a father proud ....
Old Sep 18th 2009, 11:35 pm
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute

A sign of imperfect assimilation. Canadians would just say hockey.
Old Sep 18th 2009, 11:40 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JonboyE
Arf arf.

Calgary has both winter and summer leagues for real hockey ... try a bigger town or maybe a city

I have been assimilated and have a card to prove it
Old Sep 18th 2009, 11:43 pm
Forum Regular

Canadians would just say hockey.
Just a thought .... I can say I AM CANADIAN
Old Sep 18th 2009, 11:56 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

I thought it was iced hockey?
Old Sep 19th 2009, 12:07 pm
Forum Regular

maximpouska is an unknown quantity at this point

hello

in Canada people play

"Field Hockey"

or hockey

and hockey is on the ice -

but you don't say "ice hockey"

A friend was a player in the the national team for "field hockey" and he told me this years ago
Old Sep 19th 2009, 3:18 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by maximpouska
hello

in Canada people play

"Field Hockey"

or hockey

and hockey is on the ice -

but you don't say "ice hockey"

A friend was a player in the the national team for "field hockey" and he told me this years ago
This is good information to know. Thanks for clearing this up.
Old Sep 19th 2009, 8:13 pm
Home Sweet Home

Biiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud of
Talking Re: Assimilate, or try and stay British

Originally Posted by triumphguy
That's the spirit - you'll get invited to lots of parties!
Ooh goody I hope so