Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

asetician jobs

asetician jobs

Old Jan 20th 2009, 10:53 pm
Just Joined

krissi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default asetician jobs

Does anyone have knowledge if this will be an easy job to secure?
Old Jan 21st 2009, 1:07 am
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: asetician jobs

If you mean an esthestician (Beautician) then as with most jobs it will depend on whereabouts you are going to live.

Some Provinces actually regulate BEeauticians - think BC and Manitoba - so if you would be going to live anywhere there then you will need to have your UK qualifications assessed - which means that you could very well need to go back to school.

I do know that Alberta definitely doesnt licence it's Beauticians - but certificates of any courses passed are always a bonus.

Be careful when going for a job - some salon owners are great to work for (like mine) who pay an hourly salary and then Commission on top for services and products sold. Others like the one my cousin works for in the same town only pay her a certain % of what services she does in the store :curse:

Hope this helps

Gaynor
x
Old Jan 21st 2009, 10:13 am
Just Joined

krissi is an unknown quantity at this point

Thats great thanks...Is there somewhere i can check my qualifications?
Im ITEC and CIDESCO qualified as far as im aware CIDESCO is world recognised. kristin
Old Jan 21st 2009, 5:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by krissi View Post
Thats great thanks...Is there somewhere i can check my qualifications?
Im ITEC and CIDESCO qualified as far as im aware CIDESCO is world recognised. kristin
hi Kristin

Maybe this link below to the WIKI will give you the info you need

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Equiva...cations-Canada

Good Luck

gaynor
Old Jan 21st 2009, 7:25 pm
has got PPR yay baby !!!!

deenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud of

i did my itec because its meant to be recognised but have since found out , depending on where you are you will have to sit your red seal
in alberta you dont need a licence if you are a nail tech , so if you can do nails you will be ok , but am sure i was told by one of the colleges that to be an esty you gotta have a licenece (coz we were originally moving to calgary )

hope you get sorted , good luck xxx