Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Arrrghhh! It is a-not Snowing in Richmond Hill!!!!

Arrrghhh! It is a-not Snowing in Richmond Hill!!!!

Old Dec 23rd 2006, 3:32 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Arrrghhh! It is a-not Snowing in Richmond Hill!!!!

Originally Posted by oceanMDX
Perhaps. I can't recall ever having a white Christmas in Waterloo, and I spent 25 years there. We came close a few times though.
In that link, the illustrious media source David Phillips says this will be the first non-white Dec 25th in Thunder Bay in history . I mean, what's this country coming to?
Old Dec 23rd 2006, 3:38 am
mañana is my busiest day

oceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
In that link, the illustrious media source David Phillips says this will be the first non-white Dec 25th in Thunder Bay in history . I mean, what's this country coming to?
I edited my post.... I meant that we always had a white Christmas in Waterloo.
Old Dec 23rd 2006, 3:39 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Here's a view of our mountains taken yesterday:

BTW, the white stuff ain't slush.
I'd pop out and take a photo of the backyard, but it's darkish right now. Last time I was out for a smoke (see footnote) a few minutes ago it was +9C. (Roughly 52F in case dbd33 stumbles across this thread).

tobacco, in case Rich007 stumbles across this thread.

Last edited by Novocastrian; Dec 23rd 2006 at 3:42 am.
Old Dec 23rd 2006, 3:41 am
mañana is my busiest day

oceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to behold

I'd pop out and take a photo of the backyard, but it's darkish right now. Last time I was out for a smoke a few minutes ago it was +9C. (Roughly 52F in case dbd33 stumbles across this thread).
That's a crazy warm temp. for this date.... but I knew how warm it was across the country. I have Star Choice TV here in Cabo. I enjoy seeing the snow in the streets (on TV), as I look out at the pool.

... isn't dbd with his horse at this time of night?

Last edited by oceanMDX; Dec 23rd 2006 at 3:48 am.
Old Dec 23rd 2006, 3:47 am
Born again atheist

That's a crazy warm temp. for this date.... but I knew how warm it was across the country. I have Star Choice TV here in Cabo. I enjoy seeing the snow in the streets (on TV), as I look out at the pool.
Well it's not all that warm everywhere...

http://weatheroffice.ec.gc.ca/jet_stream/index_e.html

I also prefer snow on TV to the shovelling stuff. But I can't afford Star Choice.
Old Dec 23rd 2006, 3:50 am
Born again atheist

Actually, I don't shovel anymore. I blow the white powder.
Old Dec 23rd 2006, 3:53 am
mañana is my busiest day

Actually, I don't shovel anymore. I blow the white powder.
I stopped shovelling too and used a plow on a 6X6 before I moved to sunnier climes.
Old Dec 23rd 2006, 3:55 am
Born again atheist

I stopped shovelling too and used a plow on a 6X6 before I moved to sunnier climes.
Heavy, man!
Old Dec 23rd 2006, 3:56 am
mañana is my busiest day

Well it's not all that warm everywhere...

http://weatheroffice.ec.gc.ca/jet_stream/index_e.html

I also prefer snow on TV to the shovelling stuff. But I can't afford Star Choice.
I think the temps across Canada are well above normal - well for most of the country.
Old Dec 23rd 2006, 3:57 am
mañana is my busiest day

Heavy, man!
Yeah, I did the entire cul-de-sac.
Old Dec 23rd 2006, 3:59 am
Born again atheist

Yeah, I did the entire cul-de-sac.
Either you are out of my class, or my weak double-entendres were lost on you. I hope it's the former.
Old Dec 23rd 2006, 3:59 am
Account Closed

sam/stu is an unknown quantity at this point

Back to the original thread here..........!
Its not snowing here in Whitby (Toronto east) either, but apparently it is minus 1 in London, UK which made me giggle! My mates keep asking me if it is snowing yet...had to point out that our temps. are higher than theirs at the mo.
No doubt that will change over the coming weeks, must be honest and say that me and the kids would have liked to of have a white Christmas .. its our first in Canada ...maybe next year!
Sam x
Old Dec 23rd 2006, 4:03 am
mañana is my busiest day

Either you are out of my class, or my weak double-entendres were lost on you. I hope it's the former.
I got your meaning, I was able to bench press 320 pounds when I was in grade 11.
Old Dec 23rd 2006, 4:04 am
Account Closed

sam/stu is an unknown quantity at this point

I got your meaning, I was able to bench press 320 pounds when I was in grade 11.

SHOW OFF!
Old Dec 23rd 2006, 4:05 am
Born again atheist

Originally Posted by sam/stu
Back to the original thread here..........!
Its not snowing here in Whitby (Toronto east) either, but apparently it is minus 1 in London, UK which made me giggle! My mates keep asking me if it is snowing yet...had to point out that our temps. are higher than theirs at the mo.
No doubt that will change over the coming weeks, must be honest and say that me and the kids would have liked to of have a white Christmas .. its our first in Canada ...maybe next year!
Sam x
Welcome to the ueberthread sam/stu. Kids and white christmases do sort of go together, don't they? And you are right about the gloating window vis-a-vis London being rather limited. (although not as limited as for Cabo).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.