Reload this Page >

Arriving in Canada

Arriving in Canada

Old Oct 19th 2021, 8:55 pm
Just Joined

SnowyNinja is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Arriving in Canada

Originally Posted by SnowyNinja
That would be great! Thanks! I’m debating whether I will be the one to travel to the Uk instead of my parents.

I need to get a connecting flight to Scotland. I feel like airport travel is a walk into the abyss at the moment!

safe travels
Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
Hello fellow Newfoundlander. Well, Come From Away living in Newfoundland…😀

if you can wait until next week I can share experience of going to St John’s via Montreal. I’m currently in the UK - flew out via Montreal last weekend and it was an absolute breeze. I deliberately chose to go via Montreal due to the reported issues at Toronto. We’ll see whether that was a good choice or not!

Travel via Halifax is obviously easier (until that glorious day when the direct flight returns) but I’m not sure when either AC or WJ plan to restart that connection. At present Montreal or Toronto are your only choices.
hey!
how was your return trip?

my parents are coming for a visit, flying via Montreal.

what was Montreal like? Did you need to collect your luggage or did it go straight through to St. John’s?

Any helpful hints appreciated!

thanks
Old Oct 19th 2021, 9:11 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

hey!
how was your return trip?

my parents are coming for a visit, flying via Montreal.

what was Montreal like? Did you need to collect your luggage or did it go straight through to St. John’s?

Any helpful hints appreciated!

thanks
Did ya read my post? Anyway, sent you a PM
Old Oct 19th 2021, 9:13 pm
Just Joined

SnowyNinja is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
Did ya read my post? Anyway, sent you a PM
Oh no!
I thought it would be sent to me in an email like this one. I never received anything, then I didn’t see the thread when I looked for it.

im so sorry 😬

ive found the thread and up to date with all the responses!

your experience is very encouraging! I really appreciate the time you took to post this.

thank you 🙂

Last edited by SnowyNinja; Oct 19th 2021 at 9:18 pm.
Old Oct 19th 2021, 11:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

scilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond repute

Don't you have to claim your checked bags in Montreal as the first stop in Canada?

Do you then have to move them yourself to check them on to the Halifax flight??
Old Oct 20th 2021, 10:19 am
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scilly
Don't you have to claim your checked bags in Montreal as the first stop in Canada?

Do you then have to move them yourself to check them on to the Halifax flight??
Nope. Bags are checked through to final Canadian destination. You have a complete the customs declaration at point of entry (Montreal) and one imagines if the CBSA officer was suspicious you might end up having to have them inspected but barring that, you don’t see your bags until you get to your destination.
Old Oct 20th 2021, 2:02 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Oh no!
I thought it would be sent to me in an email like this one. I never received anything, then I didn’t see the thread when I looked for it.

im so sorry 😬

ive found the thread and up to date with all the responses!

your experience is very encouraging! I really appreciate the time you took to post this.

thank you 🙂
With regards to getting notifications by email that there is a reply (and how to set it up) - see our 'FAQ' here: https://britishexpats.com/forum/faq...._subscriptions
Any thread you have posted to that has new posts should show up in your 'subscriptions' - you can click on 'My Profile" far left of the blue bar (private messages will show there too)

Last edited by Siouxie; Oct 20th 2021 at 2:04 pm.
Old Oct 28th 2021, 5:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute

Any arrival experiences at pearson recently? We arrive back tomorrow to T1, worried about a long customs wait as one of the people in my party is without NEXUS