Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

An apprenticeship that will get me into Canada?

An apprenticeship that will get me into Canada?

Old Apr 29th 2015, 12:02 am
Muskoka, Ontario

Tirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: An apprenticeship that will get me into Canada?

Originally Posted by scilly
I'm not trying to excuse his behaviour ..... he was incredibly rude

But I was taken aback when I read that he had been diagnosed as autistic ............. and thought that could explain some of the other things that he said, like his protective mother, no bank account, etc
I think you're being too kind and he's probably enjoying the time spent thinking about his posts, but someone who can navigate the Internet as he did but then claimed to know nothing about bank accounts.. It just doesn't ring true. Plenty of other little things that didn't tally and he missed. Not as clever as he thought he was.
Old Apr 29th 2015, 1:35 am

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scilly
But I was taken aback when I read that he had been diagnosed as autistic
Even then, is this true. I know of people with ASD who would never talk about it or band around they were diagnosed autistic.
Old Apr 29th 2015, 1:45 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Aviator
Even then, is this true. I know of people with ASD who would never talk about it or band around they were diagnosed autistic.
Exactly. My son, who is on the ASD spectrum never talks about it and would certainly never use it as an excuse for being rude.
Old Apr 29th 2015, 3:08 am
BE Enthusiast

FlyingDutchman6666 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDutchman6666 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDutchman6666 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDutchman6666 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDutchman6666 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDutchman6666 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDutchman6666 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDutchman6666 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDutchman6666 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDutchman6666 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDutchman6666 has a reputation beyond repute

I liked his profile picture (which has now disappeared). It's amusing that it looked like a troll, too.
Old Apr 29th 2015, 4:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

nldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond repute

You banned this weeks entertainment already ?? I might have to do some work now
Old Apr 29th 2015, 4:34 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Perhaps some caution is in order. If this individual as they say suffers from ASD, perhaps some compassion is in order and restraint. It gets no lower than mocking those less fortunate than ourselves.
Old Apr 29th 2015, 6:54 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Aviator
Perhaps some caution is in order. If this individual as they say suffers from ASD, perhaps some compassion is in order and restraint. It gets no lower than mocking those less fortunate than ourselves.
Tricky one as Mods though - we have given him several chances, and I think in the end the reason he had to go was simply that he was being rude and abusive to other members. If we allow that from one poster where do we stop? If we allow one poster to be abusive because he maybe autistic what's to stop the next one claiming the same.......difficult, and this guy was offered a lot of help by people, and got a lot of tolerance from the Mods side of the house over the last few months Banning him was not a decision taken lightly.
Old Apr 29th 2015, 7:29 pm

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Tricky one as Mods though - we have given him several chances, and I think in the end the reason he had to go was simply that he was being rude and abusive to other members. If we allow that from one poster where do we stop? If we allow one poster to be abusive because he maybe autistic what's to stop the next one claiming the same.......difficult, and this guy was offered a lot of help by people, and got a lot of tolerance from the Mods side of the house over the last few months Banning him was not a decision taken lightly.
Boundaries have to be set for all, including banning.

Banter and ridicule, for an ASD individual can be devastating. Benefit of the doubt may perhaps be in order now they no longer participate in this forum.