Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Apartment/Cottage Rental for Recce in NS

Apartment/Cottage Rental for Recce in NS

Old Mar 25th 2009, 9:22 pm
Forum Regular

Smudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really nice
Default Apartment/Cottage Rental for Recce in NS

Can anyone recommend any cottages, B&Bs, Apartments for rent that sleep 6 for a 10 day recce in NS? Location wise we would prefer to be no more than 30 mins from Halifax, but to be honest would be grateful for any recommendations.

We would rather have somewhere that has got its own kitchen as opposed to staying in a hotel so that we can effectively live as if we were living there.

Thanks very much
Old Mar 25th 2009, 10:36 pm
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Apartment/Cottage Rental for Recce in NS

Hi

You could perhaps look at something like this?

http://www.premieresuites.com/index.aspx

or you can have a look at www.kijiji.ca

Old Mar 25th 2009, 10:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

dexdaw has much to be proud ofdexdaw has much to be proud ofdexdaw has much to be proud ofdexdaw has much to be proud ofdexdaw has much to be proud ofdexdaw has much to be proud ofdexdaw has much to be proud ofdexdaw has much to be proud ofdexdaw has much to be proud ofdexdaw has much to be proud ofdexdaw has much to be proud of

We stayed here

http://www.cottagecountry.ca/pages/r...lakefront4.htm

It was in the middle of nowhere but it was a fantastic setting.
Old Mar 26th 2009, 1:39 pm
Forum Regular

Sockdogg has a brilliant futureSockdogg has a brilliant futureSockdogg has a brilliant futureSockdogg has a brilliant futureSockdogg has a brilliant futureSockdogg has a brilliant future

we stayed here for holiday then used it again for 6 months when we moved here

http://www.cottagesincanada.com/bair...ge/default.asp
Old Mar 26th 2009, 1:49 pm
Banned

irishsamx is a name known to allirishsamx is a name known to allirishsamx is a name known to allirishsamx is a name known to allirishsamx is a name known to allirishsamx is a name known to allirishsamx is a name known to allirishsamx is a name known to allirishsamx is a name known to allirishsamx is a name known to allirishsamx is a name known to all

Again I cannot say it too much...

Although Royalty B&B in Truro is an hour away from Hallifax, you can't beat value for money, as you have the run of the top floor with 2 bedrooms/lounge/kitchenette/dining room and lovely bathrooom. Right in the center of town with fabulous hosts and food.....yum yum yum

http://www.royaltybandb.ca/

you won't regret it!!
Old Mar 26th 2009, 2:21 pm
Forum Regular

tinyteds is an unknown quantity at this point

I have booked a 3 bed apartment (sleeps 6) in Oakfield which is 10 mins from the airport and it looks lovely! i got the info on them through the UK2NS website and through them you get a discount (we are only $650 for 1 week!). They are called the quaichapartments (sorry i dont know how to do a link lol).
Old Mar 26th 2009, 5:16 pm
Forum Regular

Smudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really nice

Thanks everyone!

I'll have a good look at these sites.

I've already tried to book the Quaich Apartments, they look beautiful and so reasonably priced, but unfortunately they are full when we are wanting to go.

To be honest I haven't been able to find anything as nice for that price.

Not to worry will keep looking!!

Nic x
Old Mar 26th 2009, 5:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

destinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond repute

When are you thinking of coming? We are looking into buying a cottage for for holiday lets, not sure when it will happen though.
Old Mar 26th 2009, 6:46 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by destinationnovascotia
When are you thinking of coming? We are looking into buying a cottage for for holiday lets, not sure when it will happen though.
We were hoping to come out in May (19 - 2 June).

Don't get me wrong there are loads of cottages on the web. I think I have just been a little spoilt with looking at The Quaich Apartments. They really are great for $650 a week, I haven't come across anything nearly as cheap, those that are in the $800 mark are just not a patch, but then again if they're not available I should just wipe them from my mind.

If your holiday cottage does come off though do let me know.

Thanks
Old Mar 26th 2009, 10:04 pm
Forum Regular

guccismith has a brilliant futureguccismith has a brilliant futureguccismith has a brilliant futureguccismith has a brilliant futureguccismith has a brilliant futureguccismith has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by irishsamx
Again I cannot say it too much...

Although Royalty B&B in Truro is an hour away from Hallifax, you can't beat value for money, as you have the run of the top floor with 2 bedrooms/lounge/kitchenette/dining room and lovely bathrooom. Right in the center of town with fabulous hosts and food.....yum yum yum

http://www.royaltybandb.ca/

you won't regret it!!

I'll 2nd that. I'm missing the breakfast's - mmmmmmm