Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Aor Aug 05, Anyone Had Their PPR Yet

Aor Aug 05, Anyone Had Their PPR Yet

Old Apr 5th 2008, 12:56 pm
Cochrane AB Bound!

us3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really nice
Default Aor Aug 05, Anyone Had Their PPR Yet

Just checking in on all of the Aug 05 Aor to see how things are and where you are all up to.

Anyone had their PPR yet?
Anyone have any dates for moving set yet?
Anyone with houses on the market, if so had any viewings?

Keep us all posted with where you are up to with everything.
Old Apr 5th 2008, 2:00 pm
Elusive dreamer

gotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud of
Default Re: Aor Aug 05, Anyone Had Their PPR Yet

You are obviously bouncing with excitement!

No PPR yet, but unless we hear otherwise, we are meant to submit passports next week (according to med request letter).

Moving date set for end of May, all being well.

No house to sell, but given notice on the flat and resigned from work.

Not sure what we are doing about housing over there - my old landlord has some options for us, so may stay in one of his places for a while.

Where are you guys up to?
Old Apr 5th 2008, 3:43 pm
Cochrane AB Bound!

us3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really nice

Can you tell I cant wait to move!
We have house on the market (also listed in the classified section on british expats)
we are waiting for our PPR and are expecting a letter in a few weeks fingers crossed.
Havnt a clue where we are going to live, once we have an pffer on our house will have to start looking.
Old Apr 5th 2008, 5:32 pm
Forum Regular

grumpyhaggis is just really nicegrumpyhaggis is just really nicegrumpyhaggis is just really nicegrumpyhaggis is just really nicegrumpyhaggis is just really nicegrumpyhaggis is just really nicegrumpyhaggis is just really nicegrumpyhaggis is just really nicegrumpyhaggis is just really nice

We had our PPR on March 13th - sent them off on March 14th and are just waiting now..........

Hopefully no hiccups - we moved into rented accommodation, having sold the house, and have informed CHC by email of change of address. Just hope this doesn't delay anything (bites nails!)

We don't know yet where we're going to live - looking into Ontario (yes - I know it's big!) or Nova Scotia at present, but not to the exclusion of anywhere else. We're off to the Expo in London at the end of June. Plan to land mid-August. (Does all this sound a bit air-headed?)

Last edited by grumpyhaggis; Apr 5th 2008 at 5:34 pm.
Old Apr 5th 2008, 5:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Vancouver, BC (originally from Huddersfield, W. Yorkshire)
adele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Aor Aug 05, Anyone Had Their PPR Yet

I received a 90 day letter dated 29th January which requested new Schedule 1, new IMM0008, medicals, RPRF, new UK police check and proof of funds.

I had my medical on 14th March and the medical practice sent the results to CHC on the 20th; they arrived at CHC on 25th March.

I sent off my package of updated documents on 22nd March and they also arrived at CHC on 25th March!

Now waiting nervously and really hoping a PPR will be on its way to me soonish... It's the worst part of the wait isn't it?!!!

Good luck!

Adele

P.S. Maybe this would be better off in the immigration section as some people still waiting only post there and not in the general Canada forum?
Old Apr 5th 2008, 5:45 pm
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute

June '05 AOR. Not had medicals yet.
Old Apr 5th 2008, 9:02 pm
Forum Regular

HelNAl is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by grumpyhaggis
We had our PPR on March 13th - sent them off on March 14th and are just waiting now..........

Hopefully no hiccups - we moved into rented accommodation, having sold the house, and have informed CHC by email of change of address. Just hope this doesn't delay anything (bites nails!)

We don't know yet where we're going to live - looking into Ontario (yes - I know it's big!) or Nova Scotia at present, but not to the exclusion of anywhere else. We're off to the Expo in London at the end of June. Plan to land mid-August. (Does all this sound a bit air-headed?)
Hi grumpyhaggis,
We are in the same boat.Looking at London, Ontario but open to anywhere the jobs are! if we do not get a job offer we are planning to land mid August and go from there.We cannot seem to find any expats who live in this area,so will have to wing it.Hope all goes well for you.
Helen