Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Anything negative to say about Nova Scotia

Anything negative to say about Nova Scotia

Old Jan 31st 2009, 8:06 pm
Forum Regular

moosey2canada has much to be proud ofmoosey2canada has much to be proud ofmoosey2canada has much to be proud ofmoosey2canada has much to be proud ofmoosey2canada has much to be proud ofmoosey2canada has much to be proud ofmoosey2canada has much to be proud ofmoosey2canada has much to be proud ofmoosey2canada has much to be proud ofmoosey2canada has much to be proud ofmoosey2canada has much to be proud of
Default Re: Anything negative to say about Nova Scotia

Originally Posted by dbd33
lol You can't say that in Canada!
Never had milk out of a bag till i went to canada - interesting to say the least, don't really like milk anyway but the plasticy flavour made it taste like it should be chewed.... very interesting. intriguingly milk in greece tastes slightly oily to my palette, sort of like the fat coats the inside of your mouth............ maybe i'm a bit of a weirdo when it comes to milk!
Old Jan 31st 2009, 8:10 pm
Forum Regular

moosey2canada has much to be proud ofmoosey2canada has much to be proud ofmoosey2canada has much to be proud ofmoosey2canada has much to be proud ofmoosey2canada has much to be proud ofmoosey2canada has much to be proud ofmoosey2canada has much to be proud ofmoosey2canada has much to be proud ofmoosey2canada has much to be proud ofmoosey2canada has much to be proud ofmoosey2canada has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Flogger
I have no bitterness about the quantity of trains passing through NS.
IT is a railway though
Its a railway like the one that the kids ride around our local park is a railway, oh wait even that has more than one train a day LOL
Old Jan 31st 2009, 8:26 pm
no I aint

Flogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moosey2canada
Its a railway like the one that the kids ride around our local park is a railway, oh wait even that has more than one train a day LOL
How is the chicken?
Old Jan 31st 2009, 8:33 pm
Forum Regular

How is the chicken?
Cheep! Geddit Cheep! LOL Yeah SOH is warped! But yeah chicken is yummy yellow (yes i know they do that on purpose) corn fed free range (guilt free) scrummy chicken that had a nice life pre eat and made a valuable contribution to familial harmony by being very nice lunch!
Old Jan 31st 2009, 8:46 pm

daisycutter is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Re: Anything negative to say about Nova Scotia

we travelled to NS to check it out in 2007...we found Halifax boring,untidy and industrial.....could be any where in the world,nothing special....even the ocean front was pretty grim...we looked at Chester and Mahone Bay and liked them and would have thought about settling there,but poor amenities for our kids etc,looked at Lunenburg and Bridgewater,okay as small communities go but lack of amenities again......back to Halifax,trawled around the new developments in the lakes area's and found them soulless and clinical.....everyone has their preferences,but only plus side we could see was that if money was tight then NS might be ok.....we spent time in ontario and now in West Van which seems goodish...............
Old Jan 31st 2009, 8:51 pm
no I aint

Flogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by daisycutter
we travelled to NS to check it out in 2007...we found Halifax boring,untidy and industrial.....could be any where in the world,nothing special....even the ocean front was pretty grim...we looked at Chester and Mahone Bay and liked them and would have thought about settling there,but poor amenities for our kids etc,looked at Lunenburg and Bridgewater,okay as small communities go but lack of amenities again......back to Halifax,trawled around the new developments in the lakes area's and found them soulless and clinical.....everyone has their preferences,but only plus side we could see was that if money was tight then NS might be ok.....we spent time in ontario and now in West Van which seems goodish...............
Am i right in understanding that Ontario is less industrialised than NS.
(i would say christ but what would i mean)
Old Jan 31st 2009, 8:53 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute

Swap it for Jeez, works for me
Old Jan 31st 2009, 8:54 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Hamilton Ontario is highly industrialized. Sudbury was highly industrialized but the industry left giving it the air of a post-Thatcher mining town (or, for you, a post-Beecham railway town). In this regard Halifax compares favourably.
Old Jan 31st 2009, 8:55 pm
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FlirtyKnickers
Swap it for Jeez, works for me
hehe
Old Jan 31st 2009, 8:56 pm

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Hamilton Ontario is highly industrialized. Sudbury was highly industrialized but the industry left giving it the air of a post-Thatcher mining town (or, for you, a post-Beecham railway town). In this regard Halifax compares favourably.
might frame this bit
Old Jan 31st 2009, 9:00 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nikki dreaming
might frame this bit
Let me go all out then. I enjoyed the bar scene in Halifax, being partial to squiddly-diddly music, and I found the locals to be friendly, albeit in a "please don't follow me home" kind of way.
Old Jan 31st 2009, 9:01 pm
no I aint

Are we talking Thomas Beecham? cos i'm drowning here.
Old Jan 31st 2009, 9:06 pm

Let me go all out then. I enjoyed the bar scene in Halifax, being partial to squiddly-diddly music, and I found the locals to be friendly, albeit in a "please don't follow me home" kind of way.
, think I will just keep the previous comment for prosperity purposes
Old Jan 31st 2009, 9:09 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Are we talking Thomas Beecham? cos i'm drowning here.
I was.
Old Jan 31st 2009, 9:18 pm
no I aint

I was.
Google is telling me he was a operatic conductor!
Am i showing my tender years here?
BTW should you not be cooking your lamb tonight?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.