Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Anyone from the WEST MIDLANDS?????

Anyone from the WEST MIDLANDS?????

Old Apr 29th 2008, 11:06 am
Lovin it!

manningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to all
Default Re: Anyone from the WEST MIDLANDS?????

Hiya All

Grew up on the border of Bearwood/Smethwick then moved to Halesowen at 16. Worked at the AA in Halesowen then transferred to their head office in Basingstoke but lived in Reading - too many roundabouts in Basingstoke

Now living in historic Waltham Abbey but soon to be living around the Windsor/Lasalle area in Ontario
Old Apr 29th 2008, 11:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Doomed to be stuck in the West Midlands forever!!!!
Twink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to all

Hi to you all,

Its great to see my threads still of interest!

We are from DUDLEY . Born and bred in the area....

As for MERRY HELLLLLLLLLLLLLL........ yep we avoid it as well - cannot stand the place - with one exception River Island of course

Dudley area full of illegal you know what?? Children cannot go out and play safely without being threatened (eldest daughter was attacked on field behind home by 12 yr old lads!!!:curse

Sue x
Old Apr 30th 2008, 8:59 am
Forum Regular

Rjohan77 will become famous soon enoughRjohan77 will become famous soon enough

Hi West-midlanders

We are still in Birmingham now, but soon to be Vancouver! Hubby will be there in June for work, but me, have to stay behind for a few more weeks due to house issue and sending some stuffs which we can't do till we get an address in Vancouver. Is this how you guys did it? or is there any other alternatives?

Glad to hear all of you guys who have moved to Canada or OZ have no regrets and loving it I hope all this trouble we are facing now will be worth while!
Old Apr 30th 2008, 9:09 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by gibbos1
Hi all,

I'm from Hereford, but have lived in Birmingham for 20 odd years. Met my wife and moved, she's a brummie and two kids 10 & 8. Living in Sheldon area now, hoping to move to Calgary this year.
Hi gibbos1!

We live in Hay Mills area, not far from Sheldon. used to live in Cranes Park Road :P we are having trouble selling our house now as the market is slumping down even worse. oh well, hoping for a better quality of live in Vancouver!
Old Apr 30th 2008, 9:45 am
Forum Regular

tyrian is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rjohan77
Hi gibbos1!

We live in Hay Mills area, not far from Sheldon. used to live in Cranes Park Road :P we are having trouble selling our house now as the market is slumping down even worse. oh well, hoping for a better quality of live in Vancouver!
Hello,

I was born and raised in Yardley, just down the road from Hay Mills. My parents still live there and I visit Yardley regularly! Small world! I'm moving to Ontario in a couple of months.

Tyrian
Old Apr 30th 2008, 9:50 am
Forum Regular

jatman is just really nicejatman is just really nicejatman is just really nicejatman is just really nicejatman is just really nicejatman is just really nicejatman is just really nicejatman is just really nice

Originally Posted by Twink001
Hi to you all,

Is anyone from the West Midlands - especially the black country???

Get in touch if you are - would love to hear from you.

Im from solihull and am about to embark on a 176/175 (skilled migration - Information Technology) application for immigration to australia. I would love to meet with anyone in the area to share learning and exchange ideas.
Please get in touch if anyone wishes to join a west midlands meet up!!
Old Apr 30th 2008, 10:23 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by tyrian
Hello,

I was born and raised in Yardley, just down the road from Hay Mills. My parents still live there and I visit Yardley regularly! Small world! I'm moving to Ontario in a couple of months.

Tyrian
Hi Tyrian,

yep it is a small world, in' it? :P Good luck on your moving! let me know how Ontario is compare to Birmingham
Old Apr 30th 2008, 11:35 am
Forum Regular

tyrian is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jatman
Im from solihull and am about to embark on a 176/175 (skilled migration - Information Technology) application for immigration to australia. I would love to meet with anyone in the area to share learning and exchange ideas.
Please get in touch if anyone wishes to join a west midlands meet up!!
I'm often in Yardley- not far from Solihul. Moving to Ontario to work in in a couple of months. A west midlands meet for emigrants is a great idea.

Tyrian )
Old Apr 30th 2008, 4:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Doomed to be stuck in the West Midlands forever!!!!
Twink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to all

Any West Midlanders living in Nova Scotia???

Sue
Old Apr 30th 2008, 6:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

gibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nice

Hi all,

Hi rjohen77,

We are actually by Garrets green, not far from east brum collage. We are planning putting house on market in a couple of weeks, just our luck for the property prices to drop and the exchange rate too

We would be up for a meet up, haven't been to one for a while, before Christmas I think. just start a new thread asking if anybody fancies a meet, usually get a good response

Oh not sure if i have mentioned it, but we planning on settling in Okotoks, Calgary, Alberta.
Brother in law and family just landed the 23rd Feb, we stayed with them for two weeks over Easter, ahhh just brilliant, they are loving it and we can't wait to get there.

Cheers to all and good luck to everyone
Old Apr 30th 2008, 6:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

gibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nice

oopppps sorry for spelling your name wrong Rjohan77
Old Apr 30th 2008, 6:22 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by gibbos1
oopppps sorry for spelling your name wrong Rjohan77

hahaha i haven't got the chance to complain yet Good luck with your moving too gibbos1!
Old Apr 30th 2008, 7:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

well that was just in case you were going to
Old May 1st 2008, 3:59 pm
Just Joined

simon_japan is an unknown quantity at this point

Spent formative years in Redditch, unfortunately. I'll never forget the palm trees in the shopping centre!! Then at 9 moved to Cotteridge/Kings Norton. My parents are still doing their time there, coming to Canada though very soon. Every time I talk to them there's a new stabbing or shooting somewhere in Brum.

Am currently living on the South-Shore of Montreal with my Canadian wife since 2003 and it doesn't even compare. Safe streets, coutryside, no crime, big house for a reasonable mortgage!! I can't imagine ever going back!!

The only thing I miss? Seeing Villa thump the Blues 5-1 that would have been some atmosphere.
Old May 14th 2008, 5:48 pm
Account Closed

hippy chick is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm originally from Costa del Tipton, but moved to Bristol in 1991. Now off to Ontario Canada on 1st June!!!! Can't wait!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.