Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Anyone from the WEST MIDLANDS?????

Anyone from the WEST MIDLANDS?????

Old Feb 4th 2008, 11:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Doomed to be stuck in the West Midlands forever!!!!
Twink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to all
Default Re: Anyone from the WEST MIDLANDS?????

Hi All,

It`s great to see so many of you are from the Midlands

Anyone from DUDLEY area???

Love to hear from you
Old Feb 4th 2008, 2:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Stu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond repute

Born in Wolverhampton, moved to Penkridge, then Huntingdon, then Meir Park SoT, and finally Wigan. Although most people up here think I'm a Brummie ( apparently they've never heard of any other places- only Birmingham)
Old Feb 4th 2008, 5:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Doomed to be stuck in the West Midlands forever!!!!
Twink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Stu-pot
Born in Wolverhampton, moved to Penkridge, then Huntingdon, then Meir Park SoT, and finally Wigan. Although most people up here think I'm a Brummie ( apparently they've never heard of any other places- only Birmingham)
Tell me about it !!

We get upset, when we are called "brummies" too !!!
Like you said most people never heard of anywhere else in the Midlands!!
Old Feb 6th 2008, 12:14 pm
Just Joined

swelch is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Newbie here.

Born Birmingham.
Currently live Solihull With OH and 3 kids.
OH from Sutton coldfield and works in Walsall.

Just starting out on path to Canada. Prev looked at New Zealand but couldnt make ends meet hopefully you guys can help with questions.
Cheers.
Old Feb 6th 2008, 3:30 pm
JLT
BE Enthusiast

Location: Sutton Coldfield UK until I return to Toronto 2009 or earlier!!
JLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by swelch
Hi Newbie here.

Born Birmingham.

Just starting out on path to Canada. Prev looked at New Zealand but couldnt make ends meet hopefully you guys can help with questions.
Cheers.
Hi Newbie and welcome,

A little in common with you born in Brum. Went out to Canada with 3 children 12 years ago this year (Toronto). Currently over indefinately with my daughter in Walmley. So fire me any questions I will try and help if I can.

You will get lots of help on here but be warned people get a little crazy sometimes, its the british in us you know!
Good luck
Old Feb 6th 2008, 5:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Beastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by swelch
Hi Newbie here.

Born Birmingham.

Cheers.
Hi and welcome. We're quite a helpful lot here on BE. To start you off try looking at the Newcomers to the Forum and the Wiki.

An extreme long shot but you wouldn't be related to Alan and Shirley by any chance?

Lynne
Old Feb 19th 2008, 10:42 pm
Cheesey Dippin-Dunkin

Harrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ziggy8080
It's funny I was back in November for a month unexpectedly and I really enjoyed being there. Although I did make two trips to Wolverhampton, that place never gets any better.
I am originally from Willenhall / Darlaston boarder - moved to Essington, up to Wolverhampton off to Penkridge. I guess I would pass as Black Country (ar we con still de the acsent mindyow)...

Hello

Since then, we've roamed the UK - to Claverham (little village south of Bristol) then over to Reading - a place we are desperate to escape!!!!

As the line says - 9 days to recci - looking at Yorkton in NE Saskatchewan (at least I can spell that)

Talk soon

Dawn
Old Feb 19th 2008, 10:45 pm
Cheesey Dippin-Dunkin

Harrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Stu-pot
Wow - see my first post on this thread - I'm you in reverse almost... where did you live in Penkriddge - we lived in the 3 story town houses opposite the market.

- I miss the market - never found one as good in our travels around the UK
Old Feb 19th 2008, 10:48 pm
Cheesey Dippin-Dunkin

Originally Posted by purple80
Coventry girl, born and bred.....
Lived on the outskirts in a commuter village (Balsall Common) until I left home at 17 years old. Parents left there last July to move to France. I hopped up and down the country, now in Oswestry, Shropshire. OH moving to Ontario in March, children and I are following in August.... Unless I get a better offer???
Charlie
Don't tell Simon but since he has been away I've been off to bed with David every night for a number of weeks - last week Kevin dropped in but I fell asleep half way through...

Its a good job they repeat those films on a frequent basis though
Old Feb 20th 2008, 2:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Stu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Harrypottermouse
Wow - see my first post on this thread - I'm you in reverse almost... where did you live in Penkriddge - we lived in the 3 story town houses opposite the market.

- I miss the market - never found one as good in our travels around the UK
Hi Harrypottermouse, i lived on the estate near Marshbrook school, it was known as the camp due to the old prisoner of war camp near there plus it sounded better than its real name of Primrose park.

Stu-pot
Old Mar 18th 2008, 12:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

gibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nice

Hi all,

I'm from Hereford, but have lived in Birmingham for 20 odd years. Met my wife and moved, she's a brummie and two kids 10 & 8. Living in Sheldon area now, hoping to move to Calgary this year.
Old Mar 18th 2008, 12:57 pm
Forum Regular

tyrian is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello gibbos1,

You're in Sheldon? Used to live just down the road in Yardley and still visit there often. I'm moving to Ontario this summer!

Tyrian
Old Mar 18th 2008, 7:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Beastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by gibbos1
Hi all,

I'm from Hereford, but have lived in Birmingham for 20 odd years. Met my wife and moved, she's a brummie and two kids 10 & 8. Living in Sheldon area now, hoping to move to Calgary this year.

We lived in Sheldon from 1986 to 1992 before moving to Buckinghamshire and then on to sunny Shropshire where we've lived for the past 10 years.

Lynne
Old Mar 18th 2008, 7:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

gibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nice

Hi Lynne and Tyrian,

nice to hear from you.

We were thinking about moving to Derbyshire a few years ago. We did have a little idea about emigrating to Canada. Then wifes (Tracey) brother and family were in the process of emigrating to Calgary Canada and said for us to go over with them for a holiday and do some research in to emigrating ourselves. Then one thing lead to another and here we are waiting to hear about Tracey's LMO.

Tracey's brother Dean ( on forum as deanonlisa, deano n lisa) and family settled just outside Calgary (Okotoks) on the 23rd Feb and are loving it. We are going over to join them for another research/holiday trip over Easter and can't wait.

We had a couple of meet ups last year and have been thinking of doing the same this year, so if you see anything on forum, please come along, or even better arrange one yourself.

Cheers for now,
regards,
Carl
Old Mar 18th 2008, 8:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

pinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to behold

Great to see so many folk from Coventry!!!

mkmurrays...... purple80...... cov-canuck...... I'm a Coventry lass born n bred. Probably not the best place in the whole wide world but it has been 'home' for the last 30 years!!

Considering moving to Waterdown, Ont in the very near future if I can get my ass into gear and stump up the courage to make the move over.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.