Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Anyone from the WEST MIDLANDS?????

Anyone from the WEST MIDLANDS?????

Old Jan 22nd 2008, 12:06 pm
Forum Regular

eldoran is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone from the WEST MIDLANDS?????

Originally Posted by laceybank
The Common, Fingerpost, ryders hayes, the cut, the swan,.....I'm also from Pelsall, 204 Wolverhampton Rd.... small world eh
It certainly is... I'm about to move to a new job on the Wolverhampton Rd in Pelsall! Whilst patiently waiting for my 'Canada' chapter to begin!
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 7:20 pm
Forum Regular

deanonlisa is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Twink001
Hi to you all,

Is anyone from the West Midlands - especially the black country???

Get in touch if you are - would love to hear from you.

Alright Skip !!

were from Codsall nr Wolverhampton, but moving to Okotoks Alberta 23rd Feb!!
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 10:15 pm
Islander

windward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to all

Nobody from Nuneaton?

I'm surprised at the amount of hatred Redditch seems to generate, almost took a job there with AT+T and visiting for interviews found it more of a leafy gem after the train ride through Eastern and Central Birmingham.

... lots of chavs on the streets though..
Old Jan 24th 2008, 5:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Doomed to be stuck in the West Midlands forever!!!!
Twink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by deanonlisa
Alright Skip !!

were from Codsall nr Wolverhampton, but moving to Okotoks Alberta 23rd Feb!!
Hiya,

Good luck and best wishes for your move - hope it goes smoothly?

Sue
Old Jan 24th 2008, 6:47 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

I'm a former Edgbaston girl - but only until I was about a year old! Then my parents moved to Buckinghamshire and I've been there ever since. So not sure I count really?!?
Old Jan 24th 2008, 8:12 pm

purple80 is an unknown quantity at this point

Coventry girl, born and bred.....
Lived on the outskirts in a commuter village (Balsall Common) until I left home at 17 years old. Parents left there last July to move to France. I hopped up and down the country, now in Oswestry, Shropshire. OH moving to Ontario in March, children and I are following in August.... Unless I get a better offer???
Charlie
Old Jan 25th 2008, 5:46 pm
JLT
BE Enthusiast

Location: Sutton Coldfield UK until I return to Toronto 2009 or earlier!!
JLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by skiboy10
We are from Sutton Coldfield. We moved out here (Vancouver Island) in August 2007 and LOVE it!

Don't miss the Midlands one bit: We even see more of Aston Villa on TV here than we did in England
You are so right.....we are from Sutton Coldfield area also(here at the moment for my elderly father). We now live in Toronto since 96 .Having 3 children 16,20,24 crazy about the Villa they watch more matches in Canada than I see my friends guys watch over here.
Old Jan 25th 2008, 8:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Beastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by purple80
Coventry girl, born and bred.....
Lived on the outskirts in a commuter village (Balsall Common) until I left home at 17 years old. Parents left there last July to move to France. I hopped up and down the country, now in Oswestry, Shropshire. OH moving to Ontario in March, children and I are following in August.... Unless I get a better offer???
Charlie

We're in Shrewsbury until July when we head off to Fredericton

Lynne
Old Jan 25th 2008, 9:25 pm
Forum Regular

deanonlisa is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by skiboy10
We are from Sutton Coldfield. We moved out here (Vancouver Island) in August 2007 and LOVE it!

Don't miss the Midlands one bit: We even see more of Aston Villa on TV here than we did in England

Great to see the Villa boys mentioned. I made my final pilgramige to Villa Park for the 2 - 1 victory over Tottenham New Years Day - too scared to go again just in case my final game isn't a victory. How do i get to catch the footie on TV then? is it through Fox Sports?
Old Jan 26th 2008, 1:33 am
BE Forum Addict

fuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond repute

It's on Setanta. Virtually every game is shown - some are actually live and some are "delayed live". "Delayed live" means it is shown a few hours later. All the matches are also repeated at least once.
Old Jan 26th 2008, 2:30 am
Just Joined

SallyB is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by laceybank
The Common, Fingerpost, ryders hayes, the cut, the swan,.....I'm also from Pelsall, 204 Wolverhampton Rd.... small world eh
We lived at 122 Norton Road by the fingerpost for 16 years. Are you still in pelsall or are you in Canada now your'e right it is a small world!!!
Old Jan 26th 2008, 8:16 am
JLT
BE Enthusiast

Location: Sutton Coldfield UK until I return to Toronto 2009 or earlier!!
JLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by deanonlisa
Great to see the Villa boys mentioned. I made my final pilgramige to Villa Park for the 2 - 1 victory over Tottenham New Years Day - too scared to go again just in case my final game isn't a victory. How do i get to catch the footie on TV then? is it through Fox Sports?
I also believe you can gain access to live games via the internet in some way but I think you have to pay?. Maybe just use a search engine on there for a link but next time I speak with my son in Toronto I will get the info unless someone replies to my thread first. Good luck...
Old Jan 26th 2008, 5:17 pm
Forum Regular

tyrian is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,
I'm originally from Yardley, Birmingham.

May be moving to Waterloo later this year - have had a tentative job offer from a high-tech company, but nothing official yet.

Just browsing these forums doing some research?

Is anyone else here living in Waterloo? Opinions?

tyrian
Old Jan 27th 2008, 9:24 pm
Just Joined

MidGeordieVanc is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone!
Were orginally from the midlands, near Willenhall/Wolverhampton. After a 4 year stint living up in Newcastle (two kids are official geordies!) we finally made the move over to Vancouver!
Good to see so many midlanders all the way over here
Old Jan 28th 2008, 7:23 pm
Banned

Backhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond repute

Not far from the West Midlands, Stratford upon Avon, Australia has a place as bad as Redditch it, s called Perth, could not wait to get out of that hole, if you think their is anti-social violence in Redditch try some of the run down area's of PERTH . :curse:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.