Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Anyone from the WEST MIDLANDS?????

Anyone from the WEST MIDLANDS?????

Old May 28th 2008, 7:34 pm
Forum Regular

Spoons1961 is a jewel in the roughSpoons1961 is a jewel in the roughSpoons1961 is a jewel in the roughSpoons1961 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Anyone from the WEST MIDLANDS?????

I could be joining you for that drink in the pub as well !

We've got approval and just sold our house, so hopefully will be there in the next few months. (One minor problem is convincing my wife that Halifax, NS is the right choice, she's uncomfortable with the perceived climate. ie Rain in particular).
Old May 28th 2008, 8:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Doomed to be stuck in the West Midlands forever!!!!
Twink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to all

I can feel a West midlanders to Nova Scotia PUB meet up coming on.......

Just up Twinks road that is !!!!!! who`s buying the 1st round then??

Sue
Old May 28th 2008, 8:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Doomed to be stuck in the West Midlands forever!!!!
Twink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Spoons1961
I could be joining you for that drink in the pub as well !

We've got approval and just sold our house, so hopefully will be there in the next few months. (One minor problem is convincing my wife that Halifax, NS is the right choice, she's uncomfortable with the perceived climate. ie Rain in particular).
Congrats in selling your house.......from what ive read on here you have done really well to sell, given the market at the mo!

regards Sue
Old May 28th 2008, 10:59 pm
Forum Regular

Spoons1961 is a jewel in the roughSpoons1961 is a jewel in the roughSpoons1961 is a jewel in the roughSpoons1961 is a jewel in the rough

Were surprised too. Our buyer is in rented accomodation at the moment, frankly I'd have waited 12 months if I were her !

Still, suits us fine although the exchange rate is a bit of a bummer at the moment. Looks like I'll have to stick to half a Shandy and watch the pennies.
Old May 29th 2008, 10:41 am
BE Enthusiast

gibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nice

Hi all,

Tile Cross! we live in Garrets Green. You coming to meet up in Cotswolds??

Is this pub meet up for anybody that maybe passing? I could go with half a shandy???

We are just about to put ours on the market Looks like we wont be taking as much cash as first thought Never mind, will have to lower our spending budget.

Hay spoons, how are you doing? have you narrowed your destination choice down at all?

Cheers all,
Carl
Old May 29th 2008, 8:03 pm
Forum Regular

kiddy2ns has a brilliant futurekiddy2ns has a brilliant futurekiddy2ns has a brilliant futurekiddy2ns has a brilliant futurekiddy2ns has a brilliant futurekiddy2ns has a brilliant future

Hi Twink

That sounds like a good idea. Better still make it a pub craw (just to familiarize ourselves with the local geography)
We are hoping to be there around September.
I delivered our passports to CHC today so the longest 2 weeks of our lives have just begun.
Old May 29th 2008, 11:47 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by gibbos1
Hi all,

Tile Cross! we live in Garrets Green. You coming to meet up in Cotswolds??

Is this pub meet up for anybody that maybe passing? I could go with half a shandy???

We are just about to put ours on the market Looks like we wont be taking as much cash as first thought Never mind, will have to lower our spending budget.

Hay spoons, how are you doing? have you narrowed your destination choice down at all?

Cheers all,
Carl
Yep, narrowed it down to one of two. The problem is that they are about 3000 miles apart. My wife usually gets her own way, but this time I'm gonna stand and fight like a man !........................maybe
Old May 30th 2008, 8:14 am
BE Enthusiast

gibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nice

Haahaa
I know what you mean mucker, you got to put your foot down every now and then (but not too loudly)

So it's NS for you, where is other choice??

Last edited by gibbos1; May 30th 2008 at 8:56 am.
Old Oct 9th 2008, 2:52 pm
Just Joined

vancouvervilla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gibbos1
Haahaa
I know what you mean mucker, you got to put your foot down every now and then (but not too loudly)

So it's NS for you, where is other choice??

Hi all,

I'm not actually from the West midlands but my father is. Through him I am a huge Aston Villa fan. I will be moving back to Vancouver on Sunday after having to return for 16 months. I lived there for 18 months before that and met a load of other Brummies through my Vancouver Villa supporters Club. There are a few of us who meet up for games and go out for a few beers so if there are anyother Villa fans out there get in touch [email protected]
Old Oct 9th 2008, 3:59 pm
Forum Regular

Always thought the full name was 'Aston Villa Nil' !

We're making the big move to Vancouver on 3rd December.....Gulp
Old Oct 9th 2008, 5:22 pm
Dismember

scrubbedexpat074 is an unknown quantity at this point

Always thought the full name was 'Aston Villa Nil' !
LOL, I assume this means you support one of the "big four" then... i.e. Chelsea, Liverplop, Hull or Arsenal...
Old Oct 10th 2008, 7:17 am
Forum Regular

Nope...Unfortunately, I support a team that once used to be a jinx club for Aston Villa. Many a time, I had the opportunity to take the piss out of my Villa mates. Now sadly, we've dropped 2 divisions in recent years.

PS. we like crisps
Old Oct 10th 2008, 7:34 am
Just Joined

vancouvervilla is an unknown quantity at this point

Nope...Unfortunately, I support a team that once used to be a jinx club for Aston Villa. Many a time, I had the opportunity to take the piss out of my Villa mates. Now sadly, we've dropped 2 divisions in recent years.

PS. we like crisps
Your bowl of crisps stadium will now be called the 'bowl of Chips' when you move to Canada. Truly, I am very sorry to hear of Leicester demise. The same way that I feel about Coventry and Leeds!!

Villa aren't looking to bad these days. It happenes when i move away. I went 3 years without seeing Villa win live until I went to Leicester and we won 5-1! What a day. Still makes me laugh seeing Ian Walker throw that bloke off the pitch. Not good enough for the premiership that bloke said. He didn't a chance to go around the rest of the team!!
Old Oct 10th 2008, 8:10 am
robjmitch74

robjmitch74 is an unknown quantity at this point

I've lived in Solihull for the last 22 years and am moving over to Calgary on 2 November and can't wait!

Rob
Old Oct 10th 2008, 8:46 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by vancouvervilla
Your bowl of crisps stadium will now be called the 'bowl of Chips' when you move to Canada. Truly, I am very sorry to hear of Leicester demise. The same way that I feel about Coventry and Leeds!!

Villa aren't looking to bad these days. It happenes when i move away. I went 3 years without seeing Villa win live until I went to Leicester and we won 5-1! What a day. Still makes me laugh seeing Ian Walker throw that bloke off the pitch. Not good enough for the premiership that bloke said. He didn't a chance to go around the rest of the team!!
I do now have a soft spot for Villa, seeing as I've lived nearby for the last 9 years. Maybe it's because you always seem to nick our managers ! I've played golf a few times with Kev McDonald who's a member of my club in Leicester, and one of the groundsmen is married to one of my wifes mates.....You B******s seem to haunt me wherever I go........Now to top it all, I'm chatting to one on the bloody internet who lives in my intended destination thousands of miles away. Aaaaaaaaah

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.