Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Anyone use UPS to ship their application?

Wikiposts

Anyone use UPS to ship their application?

Old Jul 27th 2010, 12:04 am
Done!

engineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Anyone use UPS to ship their application?

Originally Posted by Souvy
I've had UPS dick me around like that. They're just playing for time. I got the same exception message, saying that they couldn't find the place (or the address was wrong - can't remember which). I found that odd. The address they had was correct, and they'd been here numerous times before. I was rather sarcastic when I called them. An educationally sub-normal sloth could find my address just by using the phone book. At the time, I was the only entry with my surname. There are now two.
I know have a sepcific person (with a direct phone number - can you belive!), keeping an eye on things for me. She had to re e-mail te amended address and recipient contact number to the UPS in Canada and told me she'd phone me once her e-mail ahd been opened......that was this morning and the parcel is now out for delivery again according to the tracking system. I hope they aren't trying to re-deliver it to the wrong address again! I phoned NS immigration and spoke to the receptionist who said UPS had made a delivery yesterday to them but my package was no-where to be seen. She said UPS comes in on a daily basis to deliver packages so has taken my name and said she will personally ask the delivery driver for my package when he/she comes in. I thought this was very nice of her! She told me to phone back this afternoon to make sure they've received it. You'dve thought the driver would have seen NS Office of Immigration on the rest of the packages he delivered yesterday, put 2 and 2 together and realised mine was to go there too as it had exactly the same recipient name but I suppose that's too much to ask?......
Old Jul 27th 2010, 12:15 am
Slob

Souvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by engineer80
I know have a sepcific person (with a direct phone number - can you belive!), keeping an eye on things for me. She had to re e-mail te amended address and recipient contact number to the UPS in Canada and told me she'd phone me once her e-mail ahd been opened......that was this morning and the parcel is now out for delivery again according to the tracking system. I hope they aren't trying to re-deliver it to the wrong address again! I phoned NS immigration and spoke to the receptionist who said UPS had made a delivery yesterday to them but my package was no-where to be seen. She said UPS comes in on a daily basis to deliver packages so has taken my name and said she will personally ask the delivery driver for my package when he/she comes in. I thought this was very nice of her! She told me to phone back this afternoon to make sure they've received it. You'dve thought the driver would have seen NS Office of Immigration on the rest of the packages he delivered yesterday, put 2 and 2 together and realised mine was to go there too as it had exactly the same recipient name but I suppose that's too much to ask?......
Wait for the next excuse. "New driver".

UPS is not alone in making these lame excuses. Several years ago, Canada Post decided that nobody lived at my address and started returning mail to sender. It caused havoc with unpaid utility bills, credit card bills etc. It took months to sort out. Airlines are no better.
Old Jul 27th 2010, 5:47 am
Done!

engineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to behold

Application is now in the safe hands of NS immigration UPS tracking system still said the package was in transit.....so I phoned NS office of immigration again to find out if the person I'd spoken with this morning had recieved the package. She said it had arrived this morning about an hour after I called......UPS tracking system still says it's out for delivery I appreciate the system taking an hour or so to update but that's a whole day nearly gone and the status is still "In Transit". Aah, who cares, I'm just glad our package got there safely!