Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Anyone use UPS to ship their application?

Wikiposts

Anyone use UPS to ship their application?

Old Jul 24th 2010, 9:30 pm
Done!

engineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to behold
Default Anyone use UPS to ship their application?

Our application left for Halifax with UPS on Thursday. I've been able to track it using the online tracking system. Yesterday afternoon the system said the package had departed from Mirabel Airport, Quebec, and had arrived in Dieppe, New Brunswick. I checked again this morning and the New Brunswick bit has disappeared and it just says , Departure Scan from Mirabel International at 9.30 yesterday morning Anyone else had problems with UPS tracking but still had their parcel delivered on time? There's nothing saying there's been a delay or change on delivery date so I'm wondering if it's just a rubbish tracking system.....
Old Jul 24th 2010, 9:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

JET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to all
Default Re: Anyone use UPS to ship their application?

I used them for the same reason, and also recently to get the PR cards to ourselves.

NO issues whatsoever. Actually based on the first package I kept using them.

You will be fine.

JET
Old Jul 24th 2010, 9:51 pm
Done!

engineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by JET747
I used them for the same reason, and also recently to get the PR cards to ourselves.

NO issues whatsoever. Actually based on the first package I kept using them.

You will be fine.

JET
Thanks for your input The paranoia and anxiety are just starting to kick in much sooner than I expected I think
Old Jul 24th 2010, 10:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

snowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud of

we used them for shipping to the LA office and included a pre paid envelope for UPS back again - as purolator couldnt do the two way trip.

was fine tracked package both ways.
Old Jul 25th 2010, 12:58 am
Slob

Souvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by engineer80
Our application left for Halifax with UPS on Thursday. I've been able to track it using the online tracking system. Yesterday afternoon the system said the package had departed from Mirabel Airport, Quebec, and had arrived in Dieppe, New Brunswick. I checked again this morning and the New Brunswick bit has disappeared and it just says , Departure Scan from Mirabel International at 9.30 yesterday morning Anyone else had problems with UPS tracking but still had their parcel delivered on time? There's nothing saying there's been a delay or change on delivery date so I'm wondering if it's just a rubbish tracking system.....
I used to have stuff sent to me from the UK by UPS. Carrier pigeon would have been quicker. We switched to Fedex, which is better but not perfect. Things never arrive next day, regardless of what it says on the paperwork.

I don't think any of the courier companies work weekends, by the way. Wherever your package was at suppertime on Friday, it'll likely still be there Monday morning.
Old Jul 25th 2010, 1:20 am
Done!

Originally Posted by Souvy
I used to have stuff sent to me from the UK by UPS. Carrier pigeon would have been quicker. We switched to Fedex, which is better but not perfect. Things never arrive next day, regardless of what it says on the paperwork.

I don't think any of the courier companies work weekends, by the way. Wherever your package was at suppertime on Friday, it'll likely still be there Monday morning.
I just checked the status of our package on packagemapping.com and according to that it's in Dieppe New Brunswick, so I don't think I imagined that part. UPS system must be playing up a little. It definitely moved Friday and yesterday it arrived in New Brunswick. Not much happening today though but it is Sunday I suppose. Looks like it is only a couple of hours drive away from Halifax now though so even if it arrives Tuesday that's good enough
Old Jul 25th 2010, 2:05 am
Slob

Souvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond repute

I just checked the status of our package on packagemapping.com and according to that it's in Dieppe New Brunswick, so I don't think I imagined that part. UPS system must be playing up a little. It definitely moved Friday and yesterday it arrived in New Brunswick. Not much happening today though but it is Sunday I suppose. Looks like it is only a couple of hours drive away from Halifax now though so even if it arrives Tuesday that's good enough
Good. All you have to do now is make sure you're there when it arrives.
Old Jul 25th 2010, 2:10 am
Done!

Originally Posted by Souvy
Good. All you have to do now is make sure you're there when it arrives.
It's going to Nova Scotia immigration in Halifax so I think I should get an acknowledgement of delivery once it's been delivered from what I gather. Have you ever sent anything via UPS as well as received? Will the system tell me when it's on it's way to be delivered?
Old Jul 25th 2010, 2:16 am
BE Enthusiast

snowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud of

It's going to Nova Scotia immigration in Halifax so I think I should get an acknowledgement of delivery once it's been delivered from what I gather. Have you ever sent anything via UPS as well as received? Will the system tell me when it's on it's way to be delivered?
if you have arranged ups for its return journey to you, then you will be able to track it back - if i recall I got an email to say the package had started it's return trip
Old Jul 25th 2010, 2:30 am
Slob

I've never sent anything by courier but I imagine that works the same way.

I get stuff from the UK via Fedex all the time. A tracking number is created as soon as the request for pick-up is sent to Fedex (I get an email). I use that number to follow the progress. "On vehicle for delivery" means I can expect it in the next few hours. If I don't see that by 8.30am, I'm not going to see the package that day.

It will also tell you when a package has been delivered. I don't sign for my Fedex packages. I'm in their signature release system.
Old Jul 25th 2010, 4:57 am
Forum Regular

B91212 is on a distinguished road

It's supposed to update every time it's scanned so you should see it as it moves all the way to it being signed for (even who signs for it). We use it at work all the time and what has happened to you is usual with the tracking history, it makes no sense but it usually gets there.
Old Jul 25th 2010, 5:09 am
Forum Regular

B91212 is on a distinguished road

I don't think any of the courier companies work weekends, by the way. Wherever your package was at suppertime on Friday, it'll likely still be there Monday morning.[/QUOTE]

With UPS we find that although the actual delivery drivers don`t work weekends packages usually still move during Sat & Sun and packages that make it down to the airport on Friday night are mostly in the US by the Sunday and delivered Monday or Tuesday.

We would use Fedex at work if we could. They deliver directly to our door but won`t do pick up`s for some reason so UPS into the States is our only option (we use Purolator in Canada but they are a bit hit and miss in the US). I really don't like UPS - they have a real don't care attitude due to their size, a driver for them once told me their assets are worth an estimated $35 billion. They often loose heavier packages as though someone can't be bothered to lift the thing in the sorting offices and even with their insurance it's almost impossible to submit a claim.
Old Jul 26th 2010, 8:23 am
Done!

Jut thought I'd update and let you all know our package arrived on schedule into Dartmouth and the system said it was out for delivery to NS immigration today. Came home from work today to find that the status of the package had changed to "Exception - please contact UPS for details". So I phoned them and it turns out they had the wrong suite number and when they tried to deliver they couldn't find the place What's more , the girl on the other end of the phone - whilst very nice - tried to imply it was my mistake All I can say is thank goodness for carbon copies - I was able to check on my copy and I had written the address word for word perfectly! She amended the address on the system and delivery will now be re-attempted for tomorrow. She also took the telephone number for NS immigration in case of any more mistakes. I'm a bit confused now though because reason for failure for delivery is now showing on the system as, "1st delivery attempt failed due to recipient location being closed" That's not what the agent I spoke to told me! I really hope our application is delivered tomorrow because if not, I'll have some complaining to do...
Old Jul 26th 2010, 11:45 am
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Jut thought I'd update and let you all know our package arrived on schedule into Dartmouth and the system said it was out for delivery to NS immigration today. Came home from work today to find that the status of the package had changed to "Exception - please contact UPS for details". So I phoned them and it turns out they had the wrong suite number and when they tried to deliver they couldn't find the place What's more , the girl on the other end of the phone - whilst very nice - tried to imply it was my mistake All I can say is thank goodness for carbon copies - I was able to check on my copy and I had written the address word for word perfectly! She amended the address on the system and delivery will now be re-attempted for tomorrow. She also took the telephone number for NS immigration in case of any more mistakes. I'm a bit confused now though because reason for failure for delivery is now showing on the system as, "1st delivery attempt failed due to recipient location being closed" That's not what the agent I spoke to told me! I really hope our application is delivered tomorrow because if not, I'll have some complaining to do...
oh no Its clearly signed too

fingers x for tomorrow!
Old Jul 26th 2010, 11:31 pm
Slob

I've had UPS dick me around like that. They're just playing for time. I got the same exception message, saying that they couldn't find the place (or the address was wrong - can't remember which). I found that odd. The address they had was correct, and they'd been here numerous times before. I was rather sarcastic when I called them. An educationally sub-normal sloth could find my address just by using the phone book. At the time, I was the only entry with my surname. There are now two.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.