anyone use excessbaggage.com

anyone use excessbaggage.com

Old Jun 5th 2009, 8:27 pm
Just Joined

dplumber05 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default anyone use excessbaggage.com

Hi i would like to ask anyone who use excessbaggage.com for sending
of your stuff to canada. any good?
i spoken to one of the guy, and they send me boxes, bubble wrap and packing tapes, for 10 boxes they charging me for 600 pounds. door to door

please any reply is highly appreciated
Old Jun 5th 2009, 8:57 pm
Job Hunting in Ottawa

sheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: anyone use excessbaggage.com

Originally Posted by dplumber05
Hi i would like to ask anyone who use excessbaggage.com for sending
of your stuff to canada. any good?
i spoken to one of the guy, and they send me boxes, bubble wrap and packing tapes, for 10 boxes they charging me for 600 pounds. door to door

please any reply is highly appreciated
how big are the boxes/weight they are quoting you for?
Old Jun 5th 2009, 11:52 pm
Just Joined

jinn is just really nicejinn is just really nicejinn is just really nicejinn is just really nicejinn is just really nicejinn is just really nicejinn is just really nicejinn is just really nicejinn is just really nice

hi,

We moved from the UK in Dec and used Excess baggage, they were fantastic!! done a really professional job and were really quick aswell.

They packed everything within 2 days! They done an amazing job.

None of our items got damaged as they were all carefully wrapped.

I have no hesitation in recommending them at all.

10/10

:-)
Old Jun 6th 2009, 1:07 am
BE Enthusiast

rach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud of

We used Excess baggage - the service where they send you the boxes and you pack stuff yourself. Beware - if you ask for more boxes they charge you about 15 quid to send you the empty boxes.

They were ok, I had to call them a few times, for example when my stuff was supposed to arrive in Canada, I called to ask when it would be at my house to be told it was still on the docks in London but I think tbh a lot of packing companies over-estimate how fast they can get your stuff to you to make themselves look good.

I would say they are ok, as long as you keep on their case. Price wise they were competitive when we used them.

Good luck!
Old Jun 6th 2009, 3:02 am
BE Enthusiast

pinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to behold

I got in touch with excessbaggage.com to enquire about prices.
I didn't have a lot of stuff to take with me (just clothes, cd's, books etc) as I didn't own my own home in the UK.
They were quick to respond with quotes for the box sizes I had requested.

In the end I opted for the upgrade on my flight to take 30kg of luggage.

But from what I have seen of their website and correspondence they seemed like a good company and had competitive prices.
Old Jun 6th 2009, 3:11 am

lancashirebird is an unknown quantity at this point

They advise door to door ?????
or was it door to airport????

We used a company like these and they advised that it was door to door, but we had to nip to the airport to custom clear the boxes, everyone that i have spoke to since have said the same, now we paid a bit extra to have air delivery as they was my hubbys tools as well as house stuff.
We did get them delivered to the door, but only after we cleared them ourselfs at the airport

Worth asking that question

LB
Old Jun 6th 2009, 4:32 am
BE Enthusiast

snowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud of

We used them two years ago to get out here, it was fine, although we had to drop at heathrow cos we didnt book them early enough to get collected .

We are using them again in 2 weeks to return to the UK. I'm pretty confident all will be well
Old Jun 8th 2009, 6:53 pm
Forum Regular

audreyrose23 is a name known to allaudreyrose23 is a name known to allaudreyrose23 is a name known to allaudreyrose23 is a name known to allaudreyrose23 is a name known to allaudreyrose23 is a name known to allaudreyrose23 is a name known to allaudreyrose23 is a name known to allaudreyrose23 is a name known to allaudreyrose23 is a name known to allaudreyrose23 is a name known to all

Hi Snowshoveller,

I was interested in your using Excess Baggage going back to UK as I am thinking of doing same (used them on the way out here last year). I have yet to contact them as moving September but did you find the price to be similar going back? (for some reason I am thinking it will cost more as Canadian things tend to do!!) Also is the return shipping system similar too or do you deal with a Canadian export company this end? Be interested to hear your experience so far with them. They were great coming out, no problems.

Thanks!
Old Jun 9th 2009, 2:15 am
BE Enthusiast

snowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by audreyrose23
Hi Snowshoveller,

I was interested in your using Excess Baggage going back to UK as I am thinking of doing same (used them on the way out here last year). I have yet to contact them as moving September but did you find the price to be similar going back? (for some reason I am thinking it will cost more as Canadian things tend to do!!) Also is the return shipping system similar too or do you deal with a Canadian export company this end? Be interested to hear your experience so far with them. They were great coming out, no problems.

Thanks!
They gave me a quote by email, which is about the same as we paid 2 years ago, but we have just about half what we shipped to go back with.

Coming to Ca we had to drop our stuff at heathrow (cos we booked too late!) and collect from winnipeg airport.

So far they are telling me they will collect from out house and deliver to my inlaws in UK - we will probably still be in transit when the stuff gets to UK as we are travelling on QM2!

I am currently waiting of confirmation that they will pick up next week, or else I will have to rent a truck but the airport is less than 10 mins away so its not a big deal! - I'll let you know how it plays out!
Old Jun 9th 2009, 2:22 am
Just Joined

miss_sunshine82 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down Re: anyone use excessbaggage.com

I had a horrid experience with them.

They charged me 300 pounds for 2 bags at 20 kilos each and promised door to door. I got a call from immigration when they arrived, and it was door to airport. I had to get them within 24 hours, or they would charge me $50 a day to store them in a warehouse at my expense plus a $50 fee at the immigration check point to claim them.

I spent an extra $250 in total, because I was away when they called and no one can collect but the person on the shipping order. I then got there and had to drive 5 kms to find a warehouse to pay for it, then drive to another warehouse to collect it and pay the final fee.

I was promised no more charges and would be hand delivered to me at my parents house. When i spent over a month calling for a refund and demanding something be done, they said the manager no longer worked there who dealt with me and therefore it was no their responsibility.

I wish you luck if you do choose them, but there is no way in hell I ever would recommend them to even my worst enemy.
Old Jun 9th 2009, 4:47 am
Best Place on Earth- LMAO

jandro is a glorious beacon of lightjandro is a glorious beacon of lightjandro is a glorious beacon of lightjandro is a glorious beacon of lightjandro is a glorious beacon of lightjandro is a glorious beacon of lightjandro is a glorious beacon of lightjandro is a glorious beacon of lightjandro is a glorious beacon of lightjandro is a glorious beacon of lightjandro is a glorious beacon of light

I used their door to door service when I moved from the UK a few years ago. They packed everything for me. Only a plate or two cracked which is par for the course. The service was ok. My only complaint was that one of the packers was rude and difficult to deal with.
Old Jun 9th 2009, 4:53 am
Forum Regular

ali-simon has a brilliant futureali-simon has a brilliant futureali-simon has a brilliant futureali-simon has a brilliant futureali-simon has a brilliant futureali-simon has a brilliant futureali-simon has a brilliant future

I used Excess baggage from door to door. 24 boxes of various sizes £840 then I had another 12 boxes including Tchest size and it only went up to £920.00

Now if you use them they supplied me boxes, bubble wrap and tape FOC and when I needed more they just dropped it off the next day.

I packed it myself and did my own inventory. If you have a budget ask them how many boxes can you get for X amount as its not done on size of boxes its on Sq Ft that it is going to take up in the container.

I would rate them 100% and definitely use them again.
Old Jun 9th 2009, 1:32 pm
Forum Regular

audreyrose23 is a name known to allaudreyrose23 is a name known to allaudreyrose23 is a name known to allaudreyrose23 is a name known to allaudreyrose23 is a name known to allaudreyrose23 is a name known to allaudreyrose23 is a name known to allaudreyrose23 is a name known to allaudreyrose23 is a name known to allaudreyrose23 is a name known to allaudreyrose23 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by snowshoveller
They gave me a quote by email, which is about the same as we paid 2 years ago, but we have just about half what we shipped to go back with.

Coming to Ca we had to drop our stuff at heathrow (cos we booked too late!) and collect from winnipeg airport.

So far they are telling me they will collect from out house and deliver to my inlaws in UK - we will probably still be in transit when the stuff gets to UK as we are travelling on QM2!

I am currently waiting of confirmation that they will pick up next week, or else I will have to rent a truck but the airport is less than 10 mins away so its not a big deal! - I'll let you know how it plays out!
Thanks! I'd be interested to know how it goes. We did door to door from the UK to Hamilton, ON with no problems.
Old Jun 9th 2009, 8:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by audreyrose23
Thanks! I'd be interested to know how it goes. We did door to door from the UK to Hamilton, ON with no problems.
so just had phonecall from DHL, they have been contracted by excess baggage to collect my gear on Monday - and they will be carrying it to the UK address specced.

We will see if it works out!