Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

anyone upgraded on canadian affair?

anyone upgraded on canadian affair?

Old Mar 3rd 2010, 3:34 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: anyone upgraded on canadian affair?

Originally Posted by el_richo
My comment was of his experience of long haul, 4/5 star airline, business/club/upper class travel if he likens it to the premium economy offerings of Transat and Cook.
Point taken ... yes, the majority of his flights have been with commercial scheduled airlines* with a lot of the flights in business class (long haul). However, he has travelled on "budget" airlines like Air Transat / Thomas Cook etc too and as he put it "Air Transat Premium Economy is as near to Business Class as you are going to get on a 'Budget' airline"

Thomas Cook are nowhere near the same.

* Singapore Airlines / Malaysian Airlines / Virgin / Air Lanka / Cathay Pacific / British Airways / Air Canada etc.

Last edited by Siouxie; Mar 3rd 2010 at 3:36 pm.
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 11:05 pm
Forum Regular

Jo.Ru_onway has much to be proud ofJo.Ru_onway has much to be proud ofJo.Ru_onway has much to be proud ofJo.Ru_onway has much to be proud ofJo.Ru_onway has much to be proud ofJo.Ru_onway has much to be proud ofJo.Ru_onway has much to be proud ofJo.Ru_onway has much to be proud ofJo.Ru_onway has much to be proud ofJo.Ru_onway has much to be proud ofJo.Ru_onway has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by siouxie
Point taken ... yes, the majority of his flights have been with commercial scheduled airlines* with a lot of the flights in business class (long haul). However, he has travelled on "budget" airlines like Air Transat / Thomas Cook etc too and as he put it "Air Transat Premium Economy is as near to Business Class as you are going to get on a 'Budget' airline"

Thomas Cook are nowhere near the same.

* Singapore Airlines / Malaysian Airlines / Virgin / Air Lanka / Cathay Pacific / British Airways / Air Canada etc.
I upgraded on my last flight with Air Transat and it was great and well worth it for both the extra luggage and the onboard service, i have just up graded for my flight on Friday with Thomas Cook and know that it will not be as good as Air Transat (having returned with TC on previous flights)
Old Mar 4th 2010, 12:05 pm
Just Joined

behaveya is an unknown quantity at this point

I upgraded, but that was mainly for the extra baggage allowance. It was worth it for that I guess, if you know you will be over the normal allowance.
Old Mar 4th 2010, 12:13 pm
Slob

Souvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't bother upgrading with Transat but I would, and do, shell out a bit more for advance seat selection. It cane be done on their website. I know which seats to go for.
Old Mar 4th 2010, 2:49 pm
Forum Regular

canadian_bacon_boy is a name known to allcanadian_bacon_boy is a name known to allcanadian_bacon_boy is a name known to allcanadian_bacon_boy is a name known to allcanadian_bacon_boy is a name known to allcanadian_bacon_boy is a name known to allcanadian_bacon_boy is a name known to allcanadian_bacon_boy is a name known to allcanadian_bacon_boy is a name known to allcanadian_bacon_boy is a name known to allcanadian_bacon_boy is a name known to all

I never upgrade as I am 5' 5" and MOH is 4' 10". Our 13 year old son is almost taller than me!

It does seem that Canadian affair offers the best deal
Old Mar 4th 2010, 3:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

minimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud of

We upgraded on a TC flight on a previous visit. You are in a separate section of the plane, albeit divided by nothing more than a curtain. You do have your own specific cabin crew working in just the premiuim economy area (our experience anyway!). The seats were a little bigger, but not by much. There were complimentary newspapers, magazines and alcohol, and of course, the extra baggage allowance. We were also first on and first off the plane. It was well worth it!

When we landed, we arrived Air Canada business class - now that WAS exceptional
Old Mar 6th 2010, 11:27 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat005 is an unknown quantity at this point

If it is the extra room you are after rather than a more premium overall service, I can recommend paying the extra to get the seats at the back of the Air Transat planes, they only have 2 seats per row on the side sections rather than 3 so you get the extra room without having to pay a great deal more!