Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Anyone still waiting to hear anything - AOR's Feb04?

Wikiposts

Anyone still waiting to hear anything - AOR's Feb04?

Old Aug 21st 2005, 11:46 pm
Mans

Mans has a brilliant futureMans has a brilliant futureMans has a brilliant futureMans has a brilliant futureMans has a brilliant futureMans has a brilliant futureMans has a brilliant future
Default Re: Anyone still waiting to hear anything - AOR's Feb04?

Originally Posted by Reeneg
Hi,

Have read that Mar04 med requests coming through any Feb 04 AOR's still waiting to hear anything from CHC?
Starting to feel a little lonely and concerned?
Reeneg

As I still have not heard (Applied Dec 2003, AOR FEB 2004) decided to go to Canada House in person (again) to see whats happening as I my office is not too far from there.

I last went on the 12th July when I was told everything seems OK....just doing some "final checks" and you should hear by end of the month (that was July).

Today, the lady was suprisingly helpful .... though could only say "everything is fine...you have nothing to worry about" though she was not sure why medical requests have not been sent out. My case had a review date of 28th aug - a sunday followed by a bank holiday so she guessed it will be looked at then. Though she was helpful she could not say any more and was baffled herself why the case officer has not requested medicals! . She did say have you written in to which I replied faxed 4 times with no reply!

She commented that using a consultant can slow things :scared: - I questioned her further on this and she said in that post goes to your consultant....I did not really see why this is a delay as any decent consultant would phone/email asap!

Anyway.....no newws is good news i guess.

Rgds and best wishes to all you FEB 2003 AOR's who are still waiting!
Mans
Old Aug 22nd 2005, 1:47 am
Just Joined

Reeneg is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=Mans]As I still have not heard (Applied Dec 2003, AOR FEB 2004) decided to go to Canada House in person (again) to see whats happening as I my office is not too far from there.

I last went on the 12th July when I was told everything seems OK....just doing some "final checks" and you should hear by end of the month (that was July).

Today, the lady was suprisingly helpful .... though could only say "everything is fine...you have nothing to worry about" though she was not sure why medical requests have not been sent out. My case had a review date of 28th aug - a sunday followed by a bank holiday so she guessed it will be looked at then. Though she was helpful she could not say any more and was baffled herself why the case officer has not requested medicals! . She did say have you written in to which I replied faxed 4 times with no reply!

She commented that using a consultant can slow things :scared: - I questioned her further on this and she said in that post goes to your consultant....I did not really see why this is a delay as any decent consultant would phone/email asap!

Anyway.....no newws is good news i guess.

Rgds and best wishes to all you FEB 2003 AOR's who are still waiting!
Mans[/QUOTE

Hope you get yours soon, we can't visit them as we do not live in London.Our 18 month date is 26th Aug so this Friday!!! Will keep you
posted. Do you think it is worth emailing them?
Regards
Reeneg
Old Aug 22nd 2005, 1:52 am
Mans

Mans has a brilliant futureMans has a brilliant futureMans has a brilliant futureMans has a brilliant futureMans has a brilliant futureMans has a brilliant futureMans has a brilliant future

Hope you get yours soon, we can't visit them as we do not live in London.Our 18 month date is 26th Aug so this Friday!!! Will keep you
posted. Do you think it is worth emailing them?
Regards
Reeneg[/QUOTE]

It cannot do any harm to e-mail them - though my consultant did fax them 3/4 times with no reply yet! Looks like we got the same case officer :scared:

Best of Luck
Mans
Old Aug 22nd 2005, 4:49 am
BE Enthusiast

h_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of light

Hey I can't believe I missed this post - a prime opportunity for a mutual whinge and moan. We're a Feb AOR and we still haven't heard yet, so you're not alone. I wonder Mans if we have the same case officer ?!! I can't understand why we haven't heard either. As it's now been over 18 mo (time on our AOR card) we've written to find out state of play but who knows if we'll get a reply. I've thought about going to London for the day but I thought I'd try writing/faxing first. We put Vancouver on our application, though we're just as likely to land in Calgary. Not sure if place of landing affects processing time or not. A list of what sort of background and things slow processing time (other than poor applications) would be useful.
Old Aug 22nd 2005, 5:02 am
Mans

Originally Posted by h_henry
Hey I can't believe I missed this post - a prime opportunity for a mutual whinge and moan. We're a Feb AOR and we still haven't heard yet, so you're not alone. I wonder Mans if we have the same case officer ?!! I can't understand why we haven't heard either. As it's now been over 18 mo (time on our AOR card) we've written to find out state of play but who knows if we'll get a reply. I've thought about going to London for the day but I thought I'd try writing/faxing first. We put Vancouver on our application, though we're just as likely to land in Calgary. Not sure if place of landing affects processing time or not. A list of what sort of background and things slow processing time (other than poor applications) would be useful.
I know what you mean....need a good moan and whinge. Its great to see so many March AOR's getting medical requests BUT at the same time really annoying as to whats happening with our files :scared:

I'm sure we must have the same case officer......as to what slows things down ... who knows.

Have you used a consultant...I ask as she did make a small comment in that it can delay things?

What was really frustrating is that the receptionist felt everything had been looked at and everything was fine. Great of her to re-assure me that the file is OK but she could not figure out why the case officer has not requested medicals to be sent out....she looked baffled and understood my situation....but could not do anything further apart from stating the file has a review date of the 28th Aug....I'm just hoping that the file at the moment is just sitting there and on that date he/she reviews it and sends out the medicals asap!!!

Very difficult knowing your so close to the finishing line...but not quite there.

Let me know if you hear any more.

Rgds
Mans
Old Aug 22nd 2005, 5:11 am
BE Enthusiast

h_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of light

No we didn't use a consultant so it can't be that. In June I found out that our medical forms would supposedly be with us in approx 6-8 weeks, so we should have had them by now. Was hoping to have mecicals done this month but looking unlikely now... Perhaps this is their idea of pay-back for being one of the "cheeky ones" (in their eyes) who emailed London before they changed their web site to say no email contact before 36 months .
Old Aug 23rd 2005, 12:27 pm
Just Joined

seekhelp is an unknown quantity at this point

seach, manage and post your timeline in the following website:

http://www.northcool.com/home.php