British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Canada (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/)
-   -   Anyone received any postal mail from CHC London recently? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/anyone-received-any-postal-mail-chc-london-recently-630684/)

J2FCM Sep 14th 2009 12:05 pm

Anyone received any postal mail from CHC London recently?

We were hoping to have received our Work/Study Permit letter early last week for them to be issued at POE on landing this week. CHC London were closed for the UK Bank Holiday on 31 Aug, and for Labour Day last Monday 7 Sep.

Now we hear news of severe postal delays for anything going from/to/around London. Has anyone received any post from CHC London within, say, the last 5/10 days? We have had to change our flight details three times already.

Emails sent via the CIC webform to CHC London receive no reply either.....

burton bunch Sep 14th 2009 2:00 pm

Re: Anyone received any postal mail from CHC London recently?

Originally Posted by J2FCM (Post 7930069)
We were hoping to have received our Work/Study Permit letter early last week for them to be issued at POE on landing this week. CHC London were closed for the UK Bank Holiday on 31 Aug, and for Labour Day last Monday 7 Sep.

Now we hear news of severe postal delays for anything going from/to/around London. Has anyone received any post from CHC London within, say, the last 5/10 days? We have had to change our flight details three times already.

Emails sent via the CIC webform to CHC London receive no reply either.....

Mine went Sept 1st and have heard nothing - but am sure that someone told me there was some sort of postal strike going on.

hepburn Sep 14th 2009 2:04 pm

We received our Medical Requests last Thursday (10th Sept) from CHC London. Don't know if this helps.

Lisa

Dis-Illusionist Sep 15th 2009 9:54 pm

We sent our passports off August 13th and have heard nothing back.:confused:
My understanding was that we should have had our passports back by now. The letter that instructed us to send the passports off 30days after medicals states we should get our passports back in 2weeks, its been a month!

Do CIC send passports back using Royal Mail? Read a story the other day that letters were strewn across pavements outside a Royal Mail sorting office! I'm off on Holiday end of this month and now i'm really worried i won't get my passport back in time! I dread to think the implications of Royal Mail losing our 5passports, loss of time and money!

Has anyone ever successfully used the online CAS (Client Application Service), my details do not seem to work? I would have thought my details should be on there:curse: by now

Dis-Illusionist Sep 16th 2009 6:58 am

bump.... sorry, i need to know.

cousinsandra Sep 16th 2009 7:05 am

We received our med requests on Monday but they were dated 28th Aug so there was a delay of at least a week I reckon.

Hope your turns up soon!!

newshoney Sep 16th 2009 8:03 am

Hi guys, I'm in London UK at the moment and the post is a nightmare because of lots of one-day and wildcat strikes. As of last week there were 20 million items of mail waiting to be sorted in SW London alone! My son is heading to university and posted deposit cheques and various forms and photos off at the end of August that have yet to arrive!

All I can say is that the Royal Mail is in chaos and you can't hold your breath on postal deliveries for the foreseeable future.

Dis-Illusionist Sep 16th 2009 7:40 pm

People! Don't lose hope!

We moved house two weeks ago and have had our mail on Re-direct since. I went to our local sorting office this morning asking if they had eceived any parcels. They hadn't.

50mins ago i had a call from the people that bought our house saying they had received a parcel from the Canadian Embassy in London. Of course, i was over there like a shot!

Waited till i got back home so the missus could open the package, anyway it did contain passports and they were all stamped!:thumbup::thumbsup::D:eek::beer:

FYI, i think the parcel wasn't redirected because it was Recorded Delivery. There must be a rule about re-directing that type of mail.

Thankyou all for your advice, i'm going to have a glass, sorry i mean bottle of wine! ....and i don't care if tomorrow is a school day!