Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Anyone in Quebec - Trois-Rivières ?

Anyone in Quebec - Trois-Rivières ?

Old Aug 18th 2008, 3:05 am
Just Joined

EmilyPS is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anyone in Quebec - Trois-Rivières ?

Hello ! I've been in the Quebec area since 2001, recently moved to Trois-Rivières. Starting to miss the sound of a good old British accent.. Anyone around ?

Emily x
Old Aug 18th 2008, 11:44 am
Forum Regular

dgpondhoppper is a jewel in the roughdgpondhoppper is a jewel in the roughdgpondhoppper is a jewel in the roughdgpondhoppper is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Anyone in Quebec - Trois-Rivières ?

Hi

We land in Acton vale in 3 weeks from nottingham, UK husband + CAN wife and we have relative sin TR. hope its nice where you are
Old Aug 19th 2008, 4:10 am
Just Joined

EmilyPS is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Anyone in Quebec - Trois-Rivières ?

Hi,

Thanks for your email. I don't know Acton Vale, I'm fairly new to this area. TR is pretty small, but very friendly and perfect for small children ! Good luck with the move !
I've seen one car in TR with a British registration plate, I wonder if it could be your relations ?

Take care !
Old Aug 19th 2008, 12:23 pm
Forum Regular

DandSBailey is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dgpondhoppper
Hi

We land in Acton vale in 3 weeks from nottingham, UK husband + CAN wife and we have relative sin TR. hope its nice where you are
Hiya dgpondhopper,

we are also from Nottingham and will be trying to make the journey in 1st quarter of 2009.

If you don't mind me asking what kind of work did you do in Nottingham, understand if you don't want to answer that, but i ask because we wanted to know if you came under the shortage pressure of skilled workers?

any info will be appreciated pm me if you want to discuss or post on ere

my husband IT project mgr / me Holistic Therapist / Sales for Virgin Media

We can't wait to move...

also the mention of British Number plates ....by emilyPS is that the norm, i have a private number plate, i thought when you move to another country you can't take it with you....is that True?

good luck with your move....you lucky So and So
Old Aug 19th 2008, 1:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

clynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by DandSBailey
Hiya dgpondhopper,

also the mention of British Number plates ....by emilyPS is that the norm, i have a private number plate, i thought when you move to another country you can't take it with you....is that True?
In QC there is not a number plate on the front of the car. As a result, people sometimes have a plate there that is for the car dealer that they bought it at, or a Je t'aime Quebec or a Canadian flag or a fleur de lys (sp?), or sometimes they tack on a number plate from a country that they emigrated from. I've seen british, french, italian and german plates in quebec.

You may be able to bring your plate with you and tack it on the front of your car in QC.
Old Aug 19th 2008, 1:45 pm
Forum Regular

what even though its says D2NNR ? That would be cool if i can...but that would depend on if my husband gets a job there, we don't know who's hiring IT Project Managers yet...

thank you so much for that information though...
Old Aug 19th 2008, 1:49 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

what even though its says D2NNR ?
Is that an obscenity of some sort? If so it's problematic.
Old Aug 19th 2008, 1:52 pm
Forum Regular

not really, its just i've had that number plate for over 15 years, my grand parents got it me and they are now in heaven...so i guess i dont want to sell it, i'd just put it on retention just in case we every decided to move to uk
Old Aug 19th 2008, 2:07 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

not really

Then you can hang it on your car. It wont be the actual license plate, that'll be on the back, but a decoration. Note that there may be a problem making it fit since plates here are more square in shape.
Old Aug 19th 2008, 2:10 pm
Forum Regular

I'll prob put in on the wall in spare room i think the number plate this is the least of my probs, we have to try find my husband a job first...or it will be staying on my merc for now...
Old Aug 19th 2008, 2:13 pm
Assimilated Pauper

I'll prob put in on the wall in spare room i think the number plate this is the least of my probs, we have to try find my husband a job first...or it will be staying on my merc for now...
Luckily, they sell Mercurys in Quebec. I suppose if it fits your one there and you get another here you'll be sorted.
Old Aug 19th 2008, 2:16 pm
Forum Regular

mercedes ....?

I hope they do....
Old Aug 19th 2008, 2:17 pm
NEMESIS

dazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond repute

mercedes ....?

I hope they do....
Merc ehh !
Old Aug 19th 2008, 2:19 pm
Forum Regular

yeah its a lovely car so i'll miss it if and when we get over...
Old Aug 19th 2008, 2:21 pm
NEMESIS

dazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond repute

yeah its a lovely car so i'll miss it if and when we get over...
Just curious....what model ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.