Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Anyone in Ottawa fancy a meet-up in June?

Anyone in Ottawa fancy a meet-up in June?

Old May 22nd 2007, 6:46 pm
Account Closed

Sean Boxer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone in Ottawa fancy a meet-up in June?

Originally Posted by MariaP
Saturday June 9 at 6:30 PM meeting in front of the Hard Rock cafe on the Byward Market
When is it? (God I'm bored)
Old May 22nd 2007, 7:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

TrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sean Boxer
When is it?
That's the second time you've asked that!
Old May 22nd 2007, 7:39 pm
Forum Regular

MariaP is an unknown quantity at this point

Sean are you winding me up?
Old May 22nd 2007, 7:47 pm
Account Closed

Sean Boxer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TrishB
That's the second time you've asked that!
Actually it's the third time.

Don't say anything, let's see how many more times until she realises.
Old May 22nd 2007, 7:53 pm
Forum Regular

MariaP is an unknown quantity at this point

Sean - Darth Vader has nothing on you!
Old May 22nd 2007, 8:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

TrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sean Boxer
Actually it's the third time.

Don't say anything, let's see how many more times until she realises.

You must be soooooooo bored!
I know the feeling - the only things I've achieved today in the office have been 1/ arranging for an extension on my mortgage and 2/ fixing the printer. Other than that I've just been e-mailing my brother in Ireland and surfing!
Oh well, only another 40 mins to go!
Old May 22nd 2007, 9:45 pm
I'm a girl, dagnabbit! :)

Wannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud of

Sean would never dream about winding anybody up!

Originally Posted by MariaP
Sean are you winding me up?
Old May 23rd 2007, 9:28 pm

Wannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud of

Just realised the Sens might be playing that night - it's game night #6, iirc. Hopefully they will just do a straight 4-0 or a 4-1, so we can just celebrate instead of biting nails.
Old May 25th 2007, 2:42 pm
Forum Regular

anunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant future

Who the hell are the Sens...and is that the most ridiculous question to ask or can I top it somehow??
Old May 25th 2007, 2:46 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by anunlikelyunion
Who the hell are the Sens...and is that the most ridiculous question to ask or can I top it somehow??
Short of asking where you might be able to buy several sacks of ammonium nitrate fertilizer, I'd say that it is very probably the most ridiculous question to ask.
Old May 25th 2007, 2:47 pm

OMG!

Are you saying German newspapers aren't reporting from NHL hockey?

The Sens are the Ottawa Senators - our hockey team - and they've reached the finals in the Stanley Cup for the first time ever this year.
You better read up on this, so you don't feel left out when we meet.

Have fun and see you soon!

Originally Posted by anunlikelyunion
Old May 25th 2007, 2:48 pm

Nonono - this beats fertilizer! Not everybody knows where to get fertilizer, but everybody should know about Sens.

Originally Posted by Souvenir
Short of asking where you might be able to buy several sacks of ammonium nitrate fertilizer, I'd say that it is very probably the most ridiculous question to ask.
Old May 25th 2007, 3:01 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Wannabe
The Sens are the Ottawa Senators - our hockey team - and they've reached the finals in the Stanley Cup for the first time ever this year.
Not quite true dear. The Stanley Cup has been around for quite a long time. The original Ottawa Senators won it fairly regularly in the early 20th century.

The modern-day Sens are a relatively new team. It is true to say that this is the closest they've come.
Old May 25th 2007, 3:02 pm
Forum Regular

anunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant future

Erm...since neither fertilizer nor hockey are my fields of expertize (blimey, do I actually have one? Does Chocolate count???) I will just have to take yer word for it.
Old May 25th 2007, 3:04 pm

Now that you menion it, I think I remember reading somewhere that they won it 4 times in 7 years or so in the 20ies... My bad...

Still, I did know they're a hockey team.

Originally Posted by Souvenir
The original Ottawa Senators won it fairly regularly in the early 20th century.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.