Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Anyone moved from France to NS?

Anyone moved from France to NS?

Old Jun 12th 2008, 11:07 am
Forum Regular

lynpy has a brilliant futurelynpy has a brilliant futurelynpy has a brilliant futurelynpy has a brilliant futurelynpy has a brilliant futurelynpy has a brilliant future
Default Anyone moved from France to NS?

Hi
We hope to be moving over to NS from France as soon as we get the OK.

I just wondered if anyone else has moved over from France and shipped stuff over and or brought animals with them.

If so, I'd love to hear how it went, who you used, any advice etc.

There is so much info available on the forum about shipping etc. from the UK, but I know I'm not the only one who will be moving over from France so I'm sure any info will be happily recieved by others

Thank you!
Lynda
Old Jun 12th 2008, 11:51 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone moved from France to NS?

Originally Posted by lynpy
Hi
We hope to be moving over to NS from France as soon as we get the OK.

I just wondered if anyone else has moved over from France and shipped stuff over and or brought animals with them.

If so, I'd love to hear how it went, who you used, any advice etc.

There is so much info available on the forum about shipping etc. from the UK, but I know I'm not the only one who will be moving over from France so I'm sure any info will be happily recieved by others

Thank you!
Lynda
Hi - Val50 did the same thing as you - however I know she is on her jolly holidays in France at the moment so may not get around to seeing this...though if you send her a PM I am sure she would answer any of your questions.

Old Jun 12th 2008, 11:54 am
Forum Regular

lynpy has a brilliant futurelynpy has a brilliant futurelynpy has a brilliant futurelynpy has a brilliant futurelynpy has a brilliant futurelynpy has a brilliant future

Great idea !

I knew I'd seen someone else from France - just couldn't remember who!

Thanks
Lynda
Old Jun 12th 2008, 12:08 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynpy
Great idea !

I knew I'd seen someone else from France - just couldn't remember who!

Thanks
Lynda
Pleasure
Old Jun 12th 2008, 9:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

val50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
Hi - Val50 did the same thing as you - however I know she is on her jolly holidays in France at the moment so may not get around to seeing this...though if you send her a PM I am sure she would answer any of your questions.

and enjoying every minute - talk about this is the life
sun, sea and red wine at $2 a bottle
have sent you a pm Lynda
can recommend Premiere Van lines in Halifax though who arranged the move with AGS in Paris.
Also Canadian embassy in Paris were very good with answering emails and phone calls - got PR through in 8 months going PNP route.
Old Jun 12th 2008, 11:16 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by val50
sun, sea and red wine at $2 a bottle
If you use it all up before July 1st., I'll have a word or two to say to you, young lady.
Old Jun 13th 2008, 2:24 am
Forum Regular

leepee is a splendid one to beholdleepee is a splendid one to beholdleepee is a splendid one to beholdleepee is a splendid one to beholdleepee is a splendid one to beholdleepee is a splendid one to beholdleepee is a splendid one to beholdleepee is a splendid one to beholdleepee is a splendid one to beholdleepee is a splendid one to beholdleepee is a splendid one to behold

Hiya...

We didn't move straight to Canada but did use AGS to move briefly back from France to the UK....They were pretty good..

Just thought I would mention it!!!
Good luck
Lisa
Old Jun 13th 2008, 7:30 am
BE Forum Addict

val50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
If you use it all up before July 1st., I'll have a word or two to say to you, young lady.

hic, will try my best
Old Jun 13th 2008, 10:48 am
NS covern member #1

Poppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond repute

And Brownbear just did it - she isnt often around as she is busy being fabulous in her fabulous house (so frickin jealous still Kirstine), but she will also have a good story to share of her methods of getting over I am sure.

Val50! Is drinking all that gloriously cheap red wine against your terms of probation?? We only let you go if you promised to not enjoy yourself and that you would pine away for us in NS. Dont make us bring you back............off to find some Mounties who can do the job.
Old Jun 26th 2008, 2:58 am
Forum Regular

Brown Bear has a brilliant futureBrown Bear has a brilliant futureBrown Bear has a brilliant futureBrown Bear has a brilliant futureBrown Bear has a brilliant futureBrown Bear has a brilliant futureBrown Bear has a brilliant futureBrown Bear has a brilliant future

Hello..!!!!!!

I am sorry I have taken so long to reply, I don't come on here much, it's only that someone I know in Fall River told me I had been mentioned...

Ok, removals from France we have used David Dale Removals, UK company... we have not shipped much about 24 boxes various sizes, and we have done it on an up to 12 week delivery, because it's not stuff we are desperate for..
Still havent received it, will let you know when we do, No they were very good when they came to pick up, and now wondering what I actually have coming...Can't remember what I kept.
I don't miss anything..!!!

didn't bring any animals so cannot help on that one..

Thank you Poppy2.. I do Love my house, we are very lucky to have found such a great place and all done via the internet.. It can be done..!!!

All I can say is Enjoying life sooooo much in Canada, kids have settled so well and love school, and it is a great place we live 20 mins from Halifax and Love it, cant believe we have been here 2 months now anyone thinking of coming go for it.. It's Fab so much on offer and lots for the kids, but saying that I came from France and it's a million miles apart from our lives there, what a great change in life styles but a brilliant one.. Love it.

Something I will add that I hope will be useful to other people is that we got our kids into school no problems and that was without a work permit and here on a 6mth visitor visa, if I had gone with what I had been told on the forum that you had to pay or home school, not true...

I went to the schools and got them straight in just had to prove I lived in the catchment area of the school, took along a power bill..
hope that helps someone. Always worth asking.

PM if you want to ask anything..