Reload this Page >

Anyone in Manitoba pls - Re: Housing

Anyone in Manitoba pls - Re: Housing

Old Mar 11th 2016, 2:52 pm
Just Joined

Mauri_Gyal is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anyone in Manitoba pls - Re: Housing

Hi guys,

I'm new to the forum. I just wanted to know whether anyone currently lives in Brandon Manitoba please? I'm moving to Brandon in August and just wanted to know whether anyone knows of any landlord for a one bed? Well if not making friends would be great too :-). I'm quite apprehensive as its a big move but also looking forward to a new beginning. Looking forward to hear from you guys. Thank you.
Old Mar 11th 2016, 6:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

dormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Anyone in Manitoba pls - Re: Housing

I dont know much about Brandon unfortunately, I am in Winnipeg, but a good place to start is here

Apartments & Condos for Sale or Rent in Brandon | Real Estate | Kijiji Classifieds
Old Mar 12th 2016, 2:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Conmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond repute

Hi and

not currently living there, but I do remember Brandon, a good place to live imho.

I suggest to contact chiefmissile, he's been living there for some years now, you may also be interested in his story:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/canni...nitoba-864919/

Good luck and all the best.
Old Mar 12th 2016, 4:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

jamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond repute

remember Brandon is a rural university town,,,,and on asking my daughter what a friend of her pays $800 a month for 1.5 room flat.
Old Mar 12th 2016, 11:11 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by jamesmc
remember Brandon is a rural university town,,,,and on asking my daughter what a friend of her pays $800 a month for 1.5 room flat.
Hiya thank you for your post. $800 is quite reasonable right for Brandon or is the range between $400-$600?
Old Mar 12th 2016, 11:13 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Conmar
Hi and

not currently living there, but I do remember Brandon, a good place to live imho.

I suggest to contact chiefmissile, he's been living there for some years now, you may also be interested in his story:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/canni...nitoba-864919/

Good luck and all the best.

Hiya 😄. Thank you very much for your post and suggestion, I shall start stalking him 😂😂. Hope life is treating you well in Canada 😊
Old Mar 12th 2016, 11:15 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by dormy
I dont know much about Brandon unfortunately, I am in Winnipeg, but a good place to start is here

Apartments & Condos for Sale or Rent in Brandon | Real Estate | Kijiji Classifieds

Hiya . Thank you very much for your reply. Yes this is quite a good website but I've found quite a lot of basement rentals and flats which are unfurnished, really hoping to find a furnished one as it would make our life and settlement much easier. How do you find Winnipeg?
Old Mar 14th 2016, 3:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

dormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Mauri_Gyal
Hiya . Thank you very much for your reply. Yes this is quite a good website but I've found quite a lot of basement rentals and flats which are unfurnished, really hoping to find a furnished one as it would make our life and settlement much easier. How do you find Winnipeg?
Furnished apartments are very rare, even in larger cities, and if they are furnished you will be paying a large premium for it, in Winnipeg they are available but tend to start at $2000 per month, whereas unfurnished average round $1000. Not saying its impossible but you may find it a little frustrating.

When I moved over from the UK, I rented a small unfurnished apartment, bought the basic necessities, used, from Kijiji for not a lot of money, and once I was settled and earning started to replace items slowly with new.

Last edited by dormy; Mar 14th 2016 at 3:57 pm.
Old Mar 15th 2016, 9:25 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by dormy
Furnished apartments are very rare, even in larger cities, and if they are furnished you will be paying a large premium for it, in Winnipeg they are available but tend to start at $2000 per month, whereas unfurnished average round $1000. Not saying its impossible but you may find it a little frustrating.

When I moved over from the UK, I rented a small unfurnished apartment, bought the basic necessities, used, from Kijiji for not a lot of money, and once I was settled and earning started to replace items slowly with new.
Hi Dormy,

Thank you for your reply. Sounds very wise. I have had a look at kijiji already and there are quite a few second hand stuff available so I guess closer to time I'll start contacting people re:furniture. So muuuuuuuch to do arghhhhh lol. 🙃
Old Mar 16th 2016, 11:28 am
BE Enthusiast

GC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond repute

Check out ebrandon for rentals and just about anything else I guess.
We have lived about 65 miles from Brandon for the last 4+ years, it's our closest substantial town.
Any questions then just drop us a line.