Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Anyone living in south shore, willing to meet up this/next week?

Anyone living in south shore, willing to meet up this/next week?

Old Aug 3rd 2011, 7:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Hubley, Nova Scotia (from Scotland via Yorkshire and London)
Kaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Anyone living in south shore, willing to meet up this/next week?

Hi anyone in the south shore!

We are in the south shore this week. Were feeling pretty down about how long FSW1 is taking and contemplating giving up entirely, but have had new lease of life on returning!

We are here with our 3 kids until 11 August. If anyone would be willing to let us meet up with them to pick their brains about what it is like living in the south shore area, please could they PM me - I would be very grateful for chats with those who have experience of living in this area. We are in Chester Basin - probably looking at living anywhere between Lunenburg and Tantallon.

I can pick up on internet maybe only once a day, but we have email and cell phone access.

Thanks in advance!
Old Aug 4th 2011, 4:03 am
Happy

Howefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone living in south shore, willing to meet up this/next week?

I am sure someone there will be along soon, its a beautiful place. We are not in that area, but I wish you all the best. There is a FB group called BEs of Nova Scotia,
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/g...5209748193973/

some of the members are in the South Shore and they are a tremendously helpful group. Good luck N
Old Aug 4th 2011, 4:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Kaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks!

I am hopeless with Facebook. I have however attempted to add the group to my FB account. Not sure it was entirely successful. We have limited access to internet - will check later!!
Old Aug 4th 2011, 4:38 am
Happy

Howefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond repute

no worries, I have sent you a pm
Old Aug 5th 2011, 3:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks! I think I managed to get into it - I have an 11-year old by my side instructing me what to do....
Old Aug 5th 2011, 5:42 am
Happy

Post this on there and you should get some replies pretty quickly
Good luck
Old Aug 8th 2011, 2:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Howefamily

Post this on there and you should get some replies pretty quickly
Good luck
Thanks - did post, but no reply yet. We fly out Thursday... Never mind, there's always the next time!
Old Aug 8th 2011, 2:50 am
Forum Regular

JSHalifax has a brilliant futureJSHalifax has a brilliant futureJSHalifax has a brilliant futureJSHalifax has a brilliant futureJSHalifax has a brilliant futureJSHalifax has a brilliant future

Glad we managed to meet again yesterday Fran, you seem to be feeling more positive about the whole process, glad you managed to meet up with our network in South Shore and reconnect with some of the people you met last time you were here. Now your in process you will just have to wait it out but you know how to connect with NAG on line if you need anyone to vent to.
Old Aug 8th 2011, 3:57 am
Happy

Originally Posted by Kaye5
Thanks - did post, but no reply yet. We fly out Thursday... Never mind, there's always the next time!
I have sent you a PM