Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Anyone live in/near Kitchener-Waterloo, Onatrio

Wikiposts

Anyone live in/near Kitchener-Waterloo, Onatrio

Old Sep 29th 2006, 12:22 am
Forum Regular

TheVickers is a splendid one to beholdTheVickers is a splendid one to beholdTheVickers is a splendid one to beholdTheVickers is a splendid one to beholdTheVickers is a splendid one to beholdTheVickers is a splendid one to beholdTheVickers is a splendid one to beholdTheVickers is a splendid one to beholdTheVickers is a splendid one to beholdTheVickers is a splendid one to beholdTheVickers is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Anyone live in/near Kitchener-Waterloo, Onatrio

I'm going home for 2 weeks next wednesday so will miss oktoberfest but hubbie will be going, !!!!!!! hope he finds his way home! his niece and nephew will be looking after him which I'm not sure is a good thing!

Nikki, What line of work is your hubbie in?

was thinking with all the guys in IT, maybe they should all get together and start their own company, Expats IT Services, they could give discounts to people with a UK passport!!!! LOL!!!

Jo x
Old Sep 29th 2006, 1:07 am
Thinking the unthinkable.

Madmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond repute

Mmmm, we would need to convince the Canadian IT industry that modern developments such as colour screens, >10Mbps connections and optical mice are not 'tools of ye devil.'

Might need to change the current motto from. "Teaching yesterdays skills tomorrow." as well

Originally Posted by TheVickers
I'm going home for 2 weeks next wednesday so will miss oktoberfest but hubbie will be going, !!!!!!! hope he finds his way home! his niece and nephew will be looking after him which I'm not sure is a good thing!

Nikki, What line of work is your hubbie in?

was thinking with all the guys in IT, maybe they should all get together and start their own company, Expats IT Services, they could give discounts to people with a UK passport!!!! LOL!!!

Jo x
Old Sep 29th 2006, 1:14 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madmac
Mmmm, we would need to convince the Canadian IT industry that modern developments such as colour screens, >10Mbps connections and optical mice are not 'tools of ye devil.'

Might need to change the current motto from. "Teaching yesterdays skills tomorrow." as well
Just remember "America Runs On Cobol".
Old Sep 29th 2006, 1:51 am

Madmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond repute

Ah, you're just trying to punt that z/OS again aren't you? It runs on that ancient language - 'Compiles Only Because Of Luck'.

Originally Posted by dbd33
Just remember "America Runs On Cobol".
Old Sep 29th 2006, 2:07 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madmac
Ah, you're just trying to punt that z/OS again aren't you? It runs on that ancient language - 'Compiles Only Because Of Luck'.
A language I love. My license plate is S0C7.

It's in the bog because I lost the paperwork but it is a genuine Ontario plate.
Old Sep 29th 2006, 2:24 am

db: you truly are an exception. Lol.

Sorry, it's still early.

Originally Posted by dbd33
A language I love. My license plate is S0C7.

It's in the bog because I lost the paperwork but it is a genuine Ontario plate.