Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

"To anyone interested in the Bay of Quinte Area"

"To anyone interested in the Bay of Quinte Area"

Old Feb 25th 2007, 12:22 pm
Just Joined

county_boy has a brilliant futurecounty_boy has a brilliant futurecounty_boy has a brilliant futurecounty_boy has a brilliant futurecounty_boy has a brilliant futurecounty_boy has a brilliant future
Default Re: "To anyone interested in the Bay of Quinte Area"

Originally Posted by ipevo
maybe we need a photo guide to show us the best places to go
I'd love to hook up with anyone interested in either photography or weight training to meet new friends.
Old Feb 25th 2007, 12:28 pm
Just Joined

county_boy has a brilliant futurecounty_boy has a brilliant futurecounty_boy has a brilliant futurecounty_boy has a brilliant futurecounty_boy has a brilliant futurecounty_boy has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by TFI
Hey Country boy,
I just moved to Belleville, (not fully landed but my visa is in the mail). I’m a PC tech of over 12 years and independent pro wrestler. I’m very much into my weight training, (if a little lapsed in the past few months due to stress from immigration). I’ve also been working as a tech in the digital photo/web design field since 2004.

I go to the Y a couple days a week in Belleville. Sure would be fun to have a workout buddy, keeps one motivated
Old Feb 25th 2007, 12:30 pm
Just Joined

maybe we need a photo guide to show us the best places to go
Love to show anyone around my neck of the woods. Always nice to make new friends,
Old Feb 26th 2007, 7:44 pm
Banned

ipevo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by county_boy
Love to show anyone around my neck of the woods. Always nice to make new friends,
Whereabouts in Quinte are you, maybe we can hook up sometime. Being new in these parts a guided tour would be very useful
Old Feb 26th 2007, 8:49 pm
Just Joined

I took these pics at Wellington Beach today in Prince Edward County. To find these, they are immediately to the left of the huge Water Tower in the middle of the village. You will see the sign "Beach Street', enjoy, Ken

"To anyone interested in the Bay of Quinte Area"-wellington-beach-1.jpg

"To anyone interested in the Bay of Quinte Area"-wellington-beach-2.jpg

"To anyone interested in the Bay of Quinte Area"-wellington-beach-3.jpg

"To anyone interested in the Bay of Quinte Area"-wellington-beach-4.jpg

"To anyone interested in the Bay of Quinte Area"-wellington-beach-5.jpg
Old Feb 26th 2007, 8:53 pm
Just Joined

Whereabouts in Quinte are you, maybe we can hook up sometime. Being new in these parts a guided tour would be very useful
I live just across the Quinte Skyway Bridge at Deseronto. I'm off hwy #49 on the Fish Lake Rd. Love to show you around sometime, Ken
Old Feb 26th 2007, 10:22 pm
Banned

ipevo is an unknown quantity at this point

I live just across the Quinte Skyway Bridge at Deseronto. I'm off hwy #49 on the Fish Lake Rd. Love to show you around sometime, Ken
That's not to far from us we live just of Harmony/Shannonville on the other side of the 401
Old Feb 26th 2007, 10:56 pm
Just Joined

That's not to far from us we live just of Harmony/Shannonville on the other side of the 401
Sounds like we might be able to do a photo shoot sometime together. I'm retired so to a certain extent have an open calendar.
Old Feb 26th 2007, 11:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

flashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond repute

Ok Guys I'm in Napanee so how about a mini meetup somewhere?
Old Feb 27th 2007, 12:12 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by flashman
Ok Guys I'm in Napanee so how about a mini meetup somewhere?
Sounds good to me. Be you get some awesome pics of that Dam in Napanee where the water cascades over it.
Old Feb 27th 2007, 12:14 am
mclauchlan35

mclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of light

Hi All

We are coming on holiday and will be spending a few days in Kingston and we will be driving down to look at Belleville and the Bay of Quinte while we are there, as one of the areas we are looking at going too, any advice on where to take the kids to appease them whilst we are getting a feel of the place?

All the best
Danny
Old Feb 27th 2007, 12:21 am
BE Forum Addict

flashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mclauchlan35
Hi All

We are coming on holiday and will be spending a few days in Kingston and we will be driving down to look at Belleville and the Bay of Quinte while we are there, as one of the areas we are looking at going too, any advice on where to take the kids to appease them whilst we are getting a feel of the place?

All the best
Danny
The kids might like the beach at Sandbanks or Northbeach in Prince Edward County.
Old Feb 27th 2007, 12:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Sounds good to me. Be you get some awesome pics of that Dam in Napanee where the water cascades over it.
If you want to meet up in Napanee then I recommend the Loaf and Ale on Dundas Street but not open Sunday and Monday but they do have draft Guinness.
Old Feb 27th 2007, 12:41 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by mclauchlan35
Hi All

All the best
Danny
Hi Danny, depends on the time of year you are visiting of course. In Kingston, in the summer, I'd suggest Old Fort Henry. It may be a bit tame for kids these days , but certainly interesting, here is the URL for it: http://www.forthenry.com/home.htm

Now, another nice thing to do is the 1000 Islands boat tour in the summer out of Kingston: http://www.1000islandscruises.on.ca/

And of course, me being from 'The County" our jewel is the Sandbanks provincial park. We sport some of the largest natural sand dunes in the world I'm told at the Sandbanks beach: http://www.pec.on.ca/other/sandbnks.html

And, while you are in the county, take a look at 'Lake on the Mountain' a natural phenomenon : http://www.pec.on.ca/other/lotm.html

Now, for mom and dad, we have just in recent years got into the Wine making and Vineyards in the '' County": http://www.tastethecounty.ca/

Now, if you like great cheese, I suggest you drive a bit south of Picton to the Black River Cheese Factory, great cheese, curd, and the most amazing ice cream cones I've ever seen and very reasonable too: http://www.pec.on.ca/blackrivercheese/

The only other interesting event that comes to mind is our annual Picton Fair (home of the Crystal Palace) http://www.pec.on.ca/picton/

here is another link to places of interest in the county.http://www.ruralroutes.com/orr_city_...fm?city=Picton

Hope you find this helpful, Ken

by the way, my personal email is [email protected] if anyone cares to contact me without going thru this site.
Old Feb 27th 2007, 12:47 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by flashman
If you want to meet up in Napanee then I recommend the Loaf and Ale on Dundas Street but not open Sunday and Monday but they do have draft Guinness.
I'll keep that in mind, not much of a drinker, would be a cheap drunk,eheheh, Ken

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.