Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

"To anyone interested in the Bay of Quinte Area"

"To anyone interested in the Bay of Quinte Area"

Old Feb 22nd 2007, 1:30 pm
Just Joined

county_boy has a brilliant futurecounty_boy has a brilliant futurecounty_boy has a brilliant futurecounty_boy has a brilliant futurecounty_boy has a brilliant futurecounty_boy has a brilliant future
Default "To anyone interested in the Bay of Quinte Area"

I live in Prince Edward County, I'm into digital Photography, gardening and weight training. Would like to meet anyone with similar interests that may have recently moved to Belleville/Picton area and would like to meet someone with these interests. Looking forward to hearing from you, all queries will be answered ASAP
Old Feb 22nd 2007, 1:35 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "To anyone interested in the Bay of Quinte Area"

Got any pictures you want to share

How did you end up on the county?
Old Feb 22nd 2007, 1:41 pm
Just Joined

county_boy has a brilliant futurecounty_boy has a brilliant futurecounty_boy has a brilliant futurecounty_boy has a brilliant futurecounty_boy has a brilliant futurecounty_boy has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by iaink
Got any pictures you want to share

How did you end up on the county?
Hi, I'm a life long resident of Prince Edward County. Soon to have my 63rd birthday, egads, where did the years go? I do have Pics of the county, mainly the huge Sandunes at the Outlet beach Provincial park. The local website is www.pec.on.ca you might find that of interest too, Ken
Old Feb 22nd 2007, 3:15 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by county_boy
Hi, I'm a life long resident of Prince Edward County. Soon to have my 63rd birthday, egads, where did the years go? I do have Pics of the county, mainly the huge Sandunes at the Outlet beach Provincial park. The local website is www.pec.on.ca you might find that of interest too, Ken
So are you an expat or a woolyback?

I live near Stirling, the pics on the web of Sandbanks seldom if ever do it justice. We prefer North Beach, its a bit nearer and quieter for us.

Im guessing the snow is coming down thick and fast there at the moment, its just arrived in Belleville. My daughters teacher lives near picton..shes had a couple of extra snow days this year due to the lake effect squalls that the county gets making it not worth the effort to get in.

Last edited by iaink; Feb 22nd 2007 at 3:19 pm.
Old Feb 22nd 2007, 3:31 pm
Banned

ipevo is an unknown quantity at this point

I live in Prince Edward County, I'm into digital Photography, gardening and weight training. Would like to meet anyone with similar interests that may have recently moved to Belleville/Picton area and would like to meet someone with these interests. Looking forward to hearing from you, all queries will be answered ASAP
Hi

We moved here in July 2006 (just outside Belleville) and just about finding our way around. Love the area and in to Photography - do you know any decent places to snap!
Old Feb 22nd 2007, 4:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

flashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ipevo
Hi

We moved here in July 2006 (just outside Belleville) and just about finding our way around. Love the area and in to Photography - do you know any decent places to snap!
Try up north at Bon Echo Park or some of the small towns and locks along the Rideau Canal or 1000 Islands.
Old Feb 22nd 2007, 4:19 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

Originally Posted by flashman
Try up north at Bon Echo Park or some of the small towns and locks along the Rideau Canal or 1000 Islands.
Bon Echo is very scenic, and not all that far to go

Last edited by iaink; Feb 22nd 2007 at 4:21 pm.
Old Feb 23rd 2007, 1:19 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ipevo
Hi

One of my favoriite places to take pics is Proctor Park at Brighton, a conservation area. A stream runs thru that area, and every season has a different atmosphere.
Old Feb 23rd 2007, 2:14 am
Banned

One of my favoriite places to take pics is Proctor Park at Brighton, a conservation area. A stream runs thru that area, and every season has a different atmosphere.
Don't know that one
Old Feb 23rd 2007, 11:59 am
Forum Regular

johnnyc has a brilliant futurejohnnyc has a brilliant futurejohnnyc has a brilliant futurejohnnyc has a brilliant futurejohnnyc has a brilliant futurejohnnyc has a brilliant future

Is this the "Quinte residents only" thread?
Old Feb 23rd 2007, 1:20 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

If you are in that neck of the woods Gooderich Loomis is really nice. Cold Creek runs through it and its a great little conservation area. Nice trails, varied vegetation. DOnt go in the height of bug season though!!!

Vanderwater is also nice...I XC ski there on the few occasions I get the chance.

Lake on the mountain is an obvious photospot, missisagua point is also a good one.

Whats that little rocky beachy conservation area near milford called? Not much too it, but quite pretty? Used to be a hot spot for rum running.

Sure looks like residents only so far How are you settling in Johnny?
Old Feb 24th 2007, 6:30 am
TFI
Forum Regular

TFI is just really niceTFI is just really niceTFI is just really niceTFI is just really niceTFI is just really niceTFI is just really niceTFI is just really niceTFI is just really niceTFI is just really niceTFI is just really niceTFI is just really nice

Hey Country boy,
I just moved to Belleville, (not fully landed but my visa is in the mail). I’m a PC tech of over 12 years and independent pro wrestler. I’m very much into my weight training, (if a little lapsed in the past few months due to stress from immigration). I’ve also been working as a tech in the digital photo/web design field since 2004.

Last edited by TFI; Feb 24th 2007 at 7:19 am.
Old Feb 25th 2007, 2:14 am
Forum Regular

johnnyc has a brilliant futurejohnnyc has a brilliant futurejohnnyc has a brilliant futurejohnnyc has a brilliant futurejohnnyc has a brilliant futurejohnnyc has a brilliant future

[QUOTE=iaink;4445896 How are you settling in Johnny?[/QUOTE]
All well thanks,loving the winter but looking forward to opening the pool again
Old Feb 25th 2007, 12:09 pm
Banned

maybe we need a photo guide to show us the best places to go
Old Feb 25th 2007, 12:17 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by TFI
Hey Country boy,
I just moved to Belleville, (not fully landed but my visa is in the mail). I’m a PC tech of over 12 years and independent pro wrestler. I’m very much into my weight training, (if a little lapsed in the past few months due to stress from immigration). I’ve also been working as a tech in the digital photo/web design field since 2004.
What gym to you workout at? I go to the Y at least a couple times a week.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.