British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Canada (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/)
-   -   Anyone heard from Mississauga (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/anyone-heard-mississauga-350428/)

hezbett Feb 12th 2006 2:24 pm

Re: Anyone heard from Mississauga

Originally Posted by VCox
Hey you guys, you're the lucky ones - ours isn't even showing on e-cas and they've had it since 7 Nov :confused:

Just thought it'd cheer you up to hear from someone making even slower progress!

Hope things speed up for all of us soon, & remember it'll all be worth it in the end :)

Victoria

Hi VCox
We didn't show up on e-Cas either by using the receipt number, so I called the Call Centre in Mississauga and asked for a status update and our case number and now we show up on e-Cas. The number is above in this thread, just press 0 to speak to an operator until you get through. Best advice is to pretend you're calling from Canada on vacation otherwise they might not tell you anything.

Good luck - it's much more reassuring once you do this! :)
H

britishvixen21 Feb 12th 2006 7:17 pm

Hey you guys, you're the lucky ones - ours isn't even showing on e-cas and they've had it since 7 Nov :confused:

Just thought it'd cheer you up to hear from someone making even slower progress!

Hope things speed up for all of us soon, & remember it'll all be worth it in the end :)

Victoria

We also called the call centre and that was the day the letter had been mailed out she told us the good news so ya never know :D

VCox Feb 12th 2006 7:36 pm

Originally Posted by hezbett
Hi VCox
We didn't show up on e-Cas either by using the receipt number, so I called the Call Centre in Mississauga and asked for a status update and our case number and now we show up on e-Cas. The number is above in this thread, just press 0 to speak to an operator until you get through. Best advice is to pretend you're calling from Canada on vacation otherwise they might not tell you anything.

Good luck - it's much more reassuring once you do this! :)
H

Hi, we got a letter acknowledging receipt of our application and saying it was pending review, which had a client no. on it but neither this or the receipt number works on ecas. I got hubby to ring Mississauga last month but they just said it was pending and they couldn't tell us when a decision would be made. They said to ring back in a month if things still hadn't changed so that'll be next week.

I'm wondering if the delay is because my husband (sponsoring me) was born in the UK before moving to Canada as a young child, whereas I guess most of the sponsors on here are Canadian-born? Perhaps they're double checking his citizenship or something?

It's not like we can go anywhere yet cos no one wants to buy our house :(

Best of luck with your app, I'll let you know if I have any joy when we call CIC next week

Victoria

kellydrew Feb 12th 2006 9:54 pm

Victoria

Hey Victoria

Have you tried ringing CIC up. My missus rang and said she was calling from within Canada coz we were on hol there. They gave us our client number so now we can check online. Only problem with that is that if you're like me you check every day only to be gutted when nothing has changed...Hey ho. Could be worse.

Try them at least you'd be able to check online.
Take care

Drew

VCox Feb 13th 2006 7:46 am

Originally Posted by kellydrew
Hey Victoria

Have you tried ringing CIC up. My missus rang and said she was calling from within Canada coz we were on hol there. They gave us our client number so now we can check online. Only problem with that is that if you're like me you check every day only to be gutted when nothing has changed...Hey ho. Could be worse.

Try them at least you'd be able to check online.
Take care

Drew

Hi Drew, yep I got hubby to ring up last month (see post above) and he's going to ring again this week. I don't think he confirmed the client # with them so I'll make sure he does that this time.

It would be good to see it at least recognised on ecas, I know what you mean about constantly checking though. I try not to check more than once a week but each time get excited thinking it might show up then disappointed and p*ssed off when it doesn't!

Nice to talk to others on the same rollercoaster though, it makes it a bit less frustrating.

Let us know when you hear something (I'm sure you will!)

Victoria

hezbett Feb 15th 2006 11:07 am

Victoria

This is for VCox, Kellydrew, jerreybrewer and all others with similar timing to us...I've just checked e-Cas and we just got "decision made" status and apparently a letter was being sent to us on the 13th, so we're getting somewhere - hope yours are soon too! ;)
:beer: (although am pregnant so just make it a half!)

Cheers,
H

VCox Feb 15th 2006 11:45 am

This is for VCox, Kellydrew, jerreybrewer and all others with similar timing to us...I've just checked e-Cas and we just got "decision made" status and apparently a letter was being sent to us on the 13th, so we're getting somewhere - hope yours are soon too! ;)

Cheers,
H

Congrats H! Great news for you and I hope London don't take too long. It's nice to hear something +ve, hope it's not too long for us now...

Congrats also on your pregnancy, when are you due? I'm expecting #3 in August, had originally thought it might be born in Canada but now realise how optimistic (or should I say naive) that was!

Victoria

kellydrew Feb 15th 2006 12:31 pm

Cheers,
H

Hey Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!

That's great news. You were a day before us in processing so you never know we may not be too long. Looks like London are pretty quick so you may be over soon. When are you thinking of going?

Again, many congrats and I'll have your other "half" for you!!! :beer:

Take care
Drew

kellydrew Feb 15th 2006 12:37 pm

Congrats H! Great news for you and I hope London don't take too long. It's nice to hear something +ve, hope it's not too long for us now...

Congrats also on your pregnancy, when are you due? I'm expecting #3 in August, had originally thought it might be born in Canada but now realise how optimistic (or should I say naive) that was!

Victoria

Victoria

I think that you still may be over in August. It would appear that London are pretty quick at the minute so as long as Mississauga pull their fingers out of their a...s you should be ok. We want to move in August coz of the new school year starting but I am going regardless.......as long as we've sold the house..........Had it confirmed by our lawyers that as long as you can produce your client # the Canadians Will let you stay for six months. Should have my PR visa by then :eek: Only drawback is I can't work until I have it, but if I've not got it by August then it shouldn't be too long after.

Anyway keep the faith and let us all know of any news. Same goes for anyone else in the same boat.

All the best everybody

Drew :beer:

hezbett Feb 15th 2006 2:16 pm

Victoria

Thanks, I'm due with no 2 in June and then hoping to get to Van by early September.

Good luck on yours coming through soon (the visa, I mean!)
H

Horizons Feb 17th 2006 6:53 pm

Looks like Mississauga are working quite fast (in some cases) - I sent the additional info (fees ) that were outstanding to Mississauga on Sat 11th Feb, e-cas shows that they have received & made a decision on our application on 14th Feb -okay not sure what the decision is yet, but hey it's something.

Just thought I'd share........................ :rolleyes:

kellydrew Feb 17th 2006 9:02 pm

Originally Posted by Horizons
Looks like Mississauga are working quite fast (in some cases) - I sent the additional info (fees ) that were outstanding to Mississauga on Sat 11th Feb, e-cas shows that they have received & made a decision on our application on 14th Feb -okay not sure what the decision is yet, but hey it's something.

Just thought I'd share........................ :rolleyes:

Hey

Are you kidding me!!!!!!!!!!
When did they start to process your application? It would appear that by what most people on this thread are saying Mississauga are anything but quick!!
Anyway I hope that it's good news for you.

Drew

VCox Feb 18th 2006 1:03 pm

Wey hey!! Got letter today (18 Feb) to say our app has been approved and now been sent to London.

It arrived in Mississauga on 7 Nov so seems to have taken a bit longer than most.

Still not showing on ecas though, cos I only checked yesterday. But hey who cares, at least something's happening!

Might have a little drink to celebrate tonight :beer:

Anyone else had any news?

V

PS Anyone know approx how long London take to do their bit?

kellydrew Feb 18th 2006 4:52 pm

Wey hey!! Got letter today (18 Feb) to say our app has been approved and now been sent to London.

It arrived in Mississauga on 7 Nov so seems to have taken a bit longer than most.

Still not showing on ecas though, cos I only checked yesterday. But hey who cares, at least something's happening!

Might have a little drink to celebrate tonight :beer:

Anyone else had any news?

V

PS Anyone know approx how long London take to do their bit?

Hey Congrats you jammy sod!!!! Not that I'm a bitter man, just not feeling particularly happy after the football today!!
Mississauga received ours exactly the same day as you(Nov 7th). Hopefully we should be done soon. My medicals due in May again so want it sent to London pronto!!!! Lol!!
Regarding London......I think they are a damn site faster than CIC. I'm sure I've read of a couple of people on this site being done and dusted in 6 weeks(family class)......Lets hope that you are processed in a similar timescale. Good news and have a few beers. I'm off into Wigan tonight to drown my sorrows. Yes I'm a Utd fan. That's turned you all against me now hasn't it?

All the best

Drew

Mystic Kazza Feb 19th 2006 8:25 am

Hi everyone

What exactly do they do in London that they cant do in Mississauga anyway ? On what basis would the application be turned down after being approved by Mississauga ? , bearing in mind there are no issues with health , criminality or short periods of marriage etc .

We`re hoping our application will be `approved` anytime now . They started processing on 19th December .

It`s awful isn`t it - the waiting , the doubts creeping in - how the hell some of the others go through years of waiting is beyond me . I feel for you all !

Best regards
Phil :)