British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Canada (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/)
-   -   Anyone heard from Mississauga (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/anyone-heard-mississauga-350428/)

kellydrew Mar 19th 2006 1:06 pm

Re: Anyone heard from Mississauga

Originally Posted by jerry brewer
Hi All,
Got our application forms back today from mississuaga, the problem.....

' You are presently residing outside Canada......
Provide proof of your intention to live in canada....' :confused:

Everything else is OK .........

Problem is my wife is a home maker ' at present, so proof of submitting resignation to employer is not possible, and we have not arranged any rented accommadation yet as we don't know when we can land. :confused:

How did everyone else prove how they intend to live in Canada ??

Any suggestions welcome....
We have to return the form to them within 90 days.
Cheers
Jerry

Jerry

Very sorry to hear of your situation. I'm really glad now that we hired Lawyers. When we submitted our application to them they asked us to provide further information of our intent to live in Canada. Only when they were happy did we submit to Mississauga. We provided lots of the stuff that you did and they said it wasn't enough. Fortunately we had made contact at the school where my stepson had visited, so we got a letter off the Principal. We also opened a bank account the first time we went over over. We printed off replies from prospective employers.... I mean there's only so much you can do!!! I know it's no consolation to you, but I suppose to anyone reading this who's thinking of making the move, my advice would be hire a lawyer. Ours has a near 100% success rate and for piece of mind I'm glad we hired them....Mind you the way the exchange rate is at the minute I'm wondering if we're actually going to go over with anything. :scared: Lol

Try and remain positive Jerry. :beer:

All the best

Drew

britishvixen21 Mar 19th 2006 6:33 pm

Originally Posted by kellydrew
Hi Everybody

Had the heads up from Mississauga and received an email from our lawyers stating that it will probably be 3-4 months before we receive our A0R. That seems an awfully long time, going off what some of you guys have experienced. Maybe they're just covering their own backs. The wife's moving over in August with my stepson as he's enrolled in school in Barrie(being Canadian they can go whenever they want) so we gotta sell the house now :scared:

Anyway any thoughts on timelines etc will be appreciated.

Cheers

Drew :beer:

That seems a little strange are you sure your lawyer doesnt think you are a skilled worker? I recieved my AOR about a week after decision was made in CPC-M.

kellydrew Mar 19th 2006 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by britishvixen21
That seems a little strange are you sure your lawyer doesnt think you are a skilled worker? I recieved my AOR about a week after decision was made in CPC-M.

I know, we thought it might be their way of being over cautious just in case someone would sue them if they went over their said date. At least we hope so.
Anyway, here's hoping we dont have to wait too long.

Good luck everyone

Kelly

Island_Girl Mar 19th 2006 8:12 pm

I know, we thought it might be their way of being over cautious just in case someone would sue them if they went over their said date. At least we hope so.
Anyway, here's hoping we dont have to wait too long.

Good luck everyone

Kelly

I agree with britishvixen21 it does not sound right that you are looking at a few more months I did not even receive a AOR at all the only thing we received from CHC was hubby's request for passport and that was within 6 weeks of CHC receiving our application...have you applied for you CAIPS notes to see what has gone on with your file you can do this yourself for $5 and don't need your lawyer to assist you might be useful to see the notes and bring forward date ect for your own eyes.

Island Girl

britishvixen21 Mar 19th 2006 8:16 pm

Originally Posted by Island_Girl
I agree with britishvixen21 it does not sound right that you are looking at a few more months I did not even receive a AOR at all the only thing we received from CHC was hubby's request for passport and that was within 6 weeks of CHC receiving our application...have you applied for you CAIPS notes to see what has gone on with your file you can do this yourself for $5 and don't need your lawyer to assist you might be useful to see the notes and bring forward date ect for your own eyes.

Island Girl

I orderded my CAIPS and although they were somewhat useful I would say overal they were a waste of time, I had found on the internet a way to decode all of the notes. However my bring forward date was not till March 26th which depressed me no end, it said that my meds werent recieved and my security RCMP check was incomplete all they did was depress me. then 4 days later I recieved my passport request. I dont think they are always accurate.

kellydrew Mar 19th 2006 8:16 pm

Originally Posted by Island_Girl

Island Girl

Island girl
Excuse my ignorance( and my hubby is at work so can't ask him) but what is CAIPS? and also how would we go about this?

Thanks again
Kelly :)

Steve_P Mar 19th 2006 8:27 pm

Island girl
Excuse my ignorance( and my hubby is at work so can't ask him) but what is CAIPS? and also how would we go about this?

Thanks again
Kelly :)

CAIPS = Computer Assisted Immigration Processing System

Website here: CAIPS Home page

Cheers
Steve

cov-canuck Mar 20th 2006 11:54 am

Originally Posted by Hangman
CAIPS = Computer Assisted Immigration Processing System

Website here: CAIPS Home page

Cheers
Steve

The problem with CAIPS (as I understand it) is that it can take up to a month before you get the details. On a spousal application that should take 6 months (approximately), by the time you receive the information it's effectively a month out of date. A month doesn't make a great deal of difference in a skilled worker app, but if you think how many people have been getting approved in Mississauga, sent to London and their PPR within 1 month, you can see a lot can change!!

britishvixen21 Mar 20th 2006 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by cov-canuck
The problem with CAIPS (as I understand it) is that it can take up to a month before you get the details. On a spousal application that should take 6 months (approximately), by the time you receive the information it's effectively a month out of date. A month doesn't make a great deal of difference in a skilled worker app, but if you think how many people have been getting approved in Mississauga, sent to London and their PPR within 1 month, you can see a lot can change!!

I wholeheartedly agree I thought they were a waste of my $5 and my ink from my pen writing the check, they are effectily a month out of date which makes you panic that theres no movement, the only time I would order caips is if i was called for interview or if my case was heavily delayed like the folks still in holding pattern in Mississauga might be a good idea to order FOSS which is the inland equivalent to CAIPS.

cov-canuck Mar 21st 2006 12:30 pm

To those who received an e-mail (or other contact) from the CHC to say their PPR was on its way...how long did you have to wait before the PPR actually turned up in the post?

We desperately want to land on the 7th of May. Our application has been in process in London since the 6th of Feb, all fees are paid, etc. We're hoping that we'll get some word of approval within the next 2 weeks, then allowing a few weeks to get the visa itself, but I'm just wondering what the delay in the PPR letter might be...

We're in the UK, so obviously post takes a lot less time than to go to Canada (it does come from London, doesn't it?).

Susie Derkins Mar 21st 2006 12:55 pm

Cov-Canuck,

I didn't get any indication that I'd be getting the PPR before it actually arrived in the post. But if it helps at all, it was 38 days from our AOR that we actually received it. I think it all happens very quickly.

We sent my partner's passport to them last Monday (now 8 days later), and I'm hoping to have it back sometime this week. Of course, the letter they sent us said they aimed to have it back to us in 30 days. But they also said his application could take 6 months, and it clearly took much less than that.

By the way, we're spending our final week in England down in Rugby, so not far from you! Good luck with your application! :)

wesbett Mar 21st 2006 1:08 pm

To those who received an e-mail (or other contact) from the CHC to say their PPR was on its way...how long did you have to wait before the PPR actually turned up in the post?

We desperately want to land on the 7th of May. Our application has been in process in London since the 6th of Feb, all fees are paid, etc. We're hoping that we'll get some word of approval within the next 2 weeks, then allowing a few weeks to get the visa itself, but I'm just wondering what the delay in the PPR letter might be...

We're in the UK, so obviously post takes a lot less time than to go to Canada (it does come from London, doesn't it?).

Hi cov-canuck, these are our dates for my spousal visa application:
Application sent - Oct 31st 2005
Application in processing - Dec 5th 2005
Decision made CIC - Feb 13th 2006
Decision made London- March 14th 2006
Letter requesting passport received March 18th 2006

We sent an email on Sunday March 12th as we were worried about getting to Canada before my meds ran out in September. They emailed back on the 14th saying all was approved.

You should hear any day now. Good luck and I hope you get out there by the 7th May.

Wes

cov-canuck Mar 21st 2006 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by wesbett

We sent an email on Sunday March 12th as we were worried about getting to Canada before my meds ran out in September. They emailed back on the 14th saying all was approved.

You should hear any day now. Good luck and I hope you get out there by the 7th May.

Wes

See, now I'm starting to get concerned, we've been in process longer than anyone else! :rolleyes: We e-mailed last week to confirm that payment for the ROLF had been received (we paid before we were prompted, but not up front), and got an e-mail back the following afternoon stating that yes, they have it on record that we'd paid, but no indication of processing time or what stage it is in, so we're assuming that it isn't done yet. London have been taking around 40 days on average for spousal applications (based on dates obtained from here for about half a dozen people), and we've now gone above this. Mississauga also took longer than expected to process...I wonder what it is about our application that makes it extra complex?

Horizons Mar 21st 2006 1:44 pm

Wes

Hi Cov-Canuck - I hope you hear something very soon.

Wes- can you tell me when London started processeing your application? They started processing my hubbies paperwork on 24th Feb.....

Thanks
H

wesbett Mar 21st 2006 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by Horizons
Hi Cov-Canuck - I hope you hear something very soon.

Wes- can you tell me when London started processeing you application? They started processing my hubbies paperwork on 24th Feb.....

Thanks
H

Hi Horizons.
London started mine on 17th of Feb.

britishvixen21 Mar 21st 2006 4:08 pm

See, now I'm starting to get concerned, we've been in process longer than anyone else! :rolleyes: We e-mailed last week to confirm that payment for the ROLF had been received (we paid before we were prompted, but not up front), and got an e-mail back the following afternoon stating that yes, they have it on record that we'd paid, but no indication of processing time or what stage it is in, so we're assuming that it isn't done yet. London have been taking around 40 days on average for spousal applications (based on dates obtained from here for about half a dozen people), and we've now gone above this. Mississauga also took longer than expected to process...I wonder what it is about our application that makes it extra complex?

I dont think you have been waiting that long, they have only been processing your case a month, mine took 11 weeks. Every case is unique as well remember and you may just have a lazy IO or she may be waiting on your medicals. 40 days is nothing, hold tight im sure you will hear something soon. Maybe order CAIPS see if tehy can tell you anything.

VCox Mar 21st 2006 5:13 pm

I wonder what it is about our application that makes it extra complex?

My application has exactly the same timelines as Wesbett's right up until 'Decision Made London' - that's where the similarities end :( . I sent an email last week and haven't heard anything back.

I'm also hoping to land early May, so I sympathise with you. I've decided there's no point trying to second-guess what's going on with mine, as I've no idea of their processes and why some apps take longer than others.

I'm trying not to think about it 24/7, but it's hard! So hang in there, I'm sure it'll come through soon

V

cov-canuck Mar 22nd 2006 1:00 pm

Our turn!! Just got a response to an e-mail sent on Friday morning, saying that the PPR went into the post to us today, so we should have it tomorrow/Friday!!

Oh, and we were thanked for our continued patience :p Who were THEY talking about?

WOO HOOO!!!!! :D

VCox Mar 22nd 2006 1:14 pm

Our turn!! Just got a response to an e-mail sent on Friday morning, saying that the PPR went into the post to us today, so we should have it tomorrow/Friday!!

Oh, and we were thanked for our continued patience :p Who were THEY talking about?

Congratulations!! Really pleased for you (though thoroughly depressed now!)

Will have to take some of my own advice and just hang in there.

Enjoy your celebrations tonight ;)

V

britishvixen21 Mar 22nd 2006 1:27 pm

Congrats Cov, I told you too wait just a little longer, your processing was super super fast!!! what was that like 5 weeks!!

Have a :beer: on me!!

wesbett Mar 22nd 2006 1:33 pm

Excellent new Cov. Hang on in there everyone!
I need a :beer:

Island_Girl Mar 22nd 2006 2:06 pm

Excellent new Cov. Hang on in there everyone!
I need a :beer:

Congrats Cov-canuck on your great news :beer:

hang in there wesbett London seems to be moving fast so your wait will hopefully be over soon.

Island Girl :)

Horizons Mar 22nd 2006 2:23 pm

That's excellent news! You must be sooooo pleased.
Congratulations :beer:

kellydrew Mar 22nd 2006 6:09 pm

Congrats Cov-Canuck

Completely jealous but also really happy for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

S'pose we'll have to be a bit more patient.
Happy landings!!!!!!
Cheers
Kelly
:beer: :beer: :beer:

kellydrew Mar 23rd 2006 6:51 am

Hi everyone

I took a leaf out of Cov's and Wesbett's book yesterday and emailed CHC in London.
Thing is we haven't had our AOR yet..........I know it's only been a week since we had approval from CPC, but my medical runs out in May and as they have been very quick with a few of you guys I thought I'd be cheeky and give them a nudge. You never know. We've paid all our fees up front so if they process ours as quick as some of yours I'll be right on the bubble for my medical. Fingers crossed.

By the way, congrats Cov!!!!

Take care all

Drew

cov-canuck Mar 23rd 2006 7:54 am

Hi everyone

I took a leaf out of Cov's and Wesbett's book yesterday and emailed CHC in London.
Thing is we haven't had our AOR yet..........I know it's only been a week since we had approval from CPC, but my medical runs out in May and as they have been very quick with a few of you guys I thought I'd be cheeky and give them a nudge. You never know. We've paid all our fees up front so if they process ours as quick as some of yours I'll be right on the bubble for my medical. Fingers crossed.

Take care all

Drew

Fingers crossed for you Drew!

VCox Mar 23rd 2006 9:53 am

Hi everyone

Take care all

Drew

I got a reply yesterday to the email I sent last week. It just said that the current processing time is 6 months etc etc so I would hear from them by Aug. I feel really flat, cos I'd built my hopes up after the positive responses Wes and Cov had to their emails.

Looks like my options could be to land with a newborn in tow (really don't want to fly with such a young baby) or just start the whole process again....

Best of luck with your email Drew, hope you get a more positive response

V

britishvixen21 Mar 23rd 2006 10:37 am

Originally Posted by VCox
I got a reply yesterday to the email I sent last week. It just said that the current processing time is 6 months etc etc so I would hear from them by Aug. I feel really flat, cos I'd built my hopes up after the positive responses Wes and Cov had to their emails.

Looks like my options could be to land with a newborn in tow (really don't want to fly with such a young baby) or just start the whole process again....

V

Sont worry Cox I know for certain that its gonna be impsossible that yours will take 6 months!! you probably just got an officer on a bad day. just hang in their. Which i know is hard to say. but youl be next.

kellydrew Mar 23rd 2006 11:28 am

V

Hey V

Sorry to hear about your negative reply. I'm sure they just reel off the usual spiel.....6 months, be patient, yada..yada..yada!!!!!!!!! All we can do is remain positive. We have no other choice other than feeling sorry for ourselves and scre that!!!!!!!!!

Here's hping we hear something of a more positive nature in the not too distant future.

Drew

kellydrew Mar 23rd 2006 11:29 am

Scre!!!!!! :scared: Wtf!!!!

What I meant to say was SCREW THAT!!!! LOL. :D

VCox Mar 23rd 2006 12:32 pm

Originally Posted by britishvixen21
Sont worry Cox I know for certain that its gonna be impsossible that yours will take 6 months!! you probably just got an officer on a bad day. just hang in their. Which i know is hard to say. but youl be next.

Cheers for the words of encouragement guys, it really helps :)

V

wesbett Mar 23rd 2006 12:50 pm

Cheers for the words of encouragement guys, it really helps :)

V

Hey V - I'm sorry you got that response. Like everyone else here says, I'm sure that was just the default response and you got the wrong person dealing with your email. Keep positive, it won't be 6 months you can be sure of that.

Where are you going to in Canada? We are delaying going until after our second child is born because BC medical won't cover you for 3 months upon arrival. We can't afford to pay for the birth privately :scared:

Chin up!
Wes

VCox Mar 23rd 2006 8:49 pm

Hey V - I'm sorry you got that response. Like everyone else here says, I'm sure that was just the default response and you got the wrong person dealing with your email. Keep positive, it won't be 6 months you can be sure of that.

Where are you going to in Canada? We are delaying going until after our second child is born because BC medical won't cover you for 3 months upon arrival. We can't afford to pay for the birth privately :scared:

Chin up!
Wes

We can't afford for me to have the baby in BC either (unless I were to have a homebirth with no pain relief & hubby as the attendant :eek: !!)

Feeling a bit more positive now and still hoping that I am able land before I'm too fat to fly despite what the email said...

Are you just waiting for your passport back now?

V

Horizons Mar 24th 2006 7:56 am

We can't afford for me to have the baby in BC either (unless I were to have a homebirth with no pain relief & hubby as the attendant :eek: !!)

Feeling a bit more positive now and still hoping that I am able land before I'm too fat to fly despite what the email said...

V

Hi V - am sorry you got such a response - but I agree with the others here, I am positive that you won't be waiting until Aug.

Fingers crossed you hear something soon.

wesbett Mar 24th 2006 8:13 am

V

Yeah, the passport is with them now. House is sold and we move out end of April (if all goes to plan), my wife then goes on maternity leave and moves in with my parents in Dorset and I am remaining in my job in London and staying with a friend during the week until we fly out in September. Its all starting to sink in now!
W

kellydrew Mar 24th 2006 9:38 pm

Hi everyone

Just received an email from our lawyers. We have our AOR dated 17th March. Trouble is they said it's come from the CHC in Manila. I'm not too bad at geography and I'm sure that's the capital of the Philippines!!!!!!! :confused:

Upon checking the attached letter it states that it's come from CHC London. I suppose the Lawyers assistant didn't do geography at school.

Anyway I suppose it's all systems go now. Please, please, please London be quick as my medical is up in May and I don't want to pay another £400+. :eek:

Have a great weekend everyone.

Drew :beer: :beer: :beer:

britishvixen21 Mar 25th 2006 10:00 am

Hi everyone

Just received an email from our lawyers. We have our AOR dated 17th March. Trouble is they said it's come from the CHC in Manila. I'm not too bad at geography and I'm sure that's the capital of the Philippines!!!!!!! :confused:

Upon checking the attached letter it states that it's come from CHC London. I suppose the Lawyers assistant didn't do geography at school.

Anyway I suppose it's all systems go now. Please, please, please London be quick as my medical is up in May and I don't want to pay another £400+. :eek:

Have a great weekend everyone.

Drew :beer: :beer: :beer:

LOL dont you just love Lawyers!! congrats on your AOR, next step PPR request!! they seem to be flying through them in London you wont have to wait long i dont think!!

kellydrew Mar 27th 2006 10:57 am

V

Hey V

I got the same reply this morning. Not paying too much attention to it though. Sure we'll both hear something a little more positive soon.

Take care

Drew

VCox Mar 27th 2006 12:58 pm

Hey V

I got the same reply this morning. Not paying too much attention to it though. Sure we'll both hear something a little more positive soon.

Take care

Drew

Hi Drew

Maybe they're sick of people chasing now they've had a few emails? Glad to hear you're still keeping positive. I'm feeling more upbeat than I was last week (pregnancy hormones weren't helping!)

I'm sure we'll hear something soon

V

Horizons Mar 28th 2006 10:42 am

Hi Drew

Maybe they're sick of people chasing now they've had a few emails? Glad to hear you're still keeping positive. I'm feeling more upbeat than I was last week (pregnancy hormones weren't helping!)

I'm sure we'll hear something soon

V

We have just realised that we did not pay ROLF! :eek: Doh! So here's a maybe dumb a question but how & where is the best way for hubby to pay this? :confused: