Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Anyone heard from Mississauga

Anyone heard from Mississauga

Old Jun 11th 2006, 10:07 pm
Kelly

kellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to all
Default Re: Anyone heard from Mississauga

Originally Posted by Mystic Kazza
Crap !

We`re all set and ready to go , I`ve handed my notice in where I work ( end of August ) House is on the market , not overpriced by any stretch of the imagination . It`s a good house , good area , completely renovated top to bottom - and we aint had a sniff ! Not even an enquiry . Nothing .

I have to land before October 10th and it`s been mentioned that I could land before then and then return . But to what ? I`ll be jobless over here .

We need to come up with a plan `B` soon , not that we ever had a plan `A` but there you go .

We have this great `life on hold feeling` that we all love and know so well - eh ? Just wish things would get moving Not tooooo worried - yet , I`m sure it`ll all work out in the end .

Hope everythings going well with you all anyway . Good luck to everyone.

Phil
Phil

Know where you're coming from mate.

House has been up for two months and we've had nobody through the door. We have a lovely house with a great garden and we've even dropped it 10K.

It's soooo frustrating Don't want to keep dropping it as we don't want to seem desperate. Had strong words with the estate agents last week so will have to see.

Who said the housing market was taking off again?

Take care

Drew
Old Jun 11th 2006, 10:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond repute

Everything at our end is moving scarily fast.

We've got our family farewell get-together a week today, we're frantically trying to get round our friends to say goodbye to them as well, the house is sold, the movers are coming on 19-20 June (Whites) and the flight is booked for 23 June.

I've just bunged a few things on E-Bay and it's looking as though that's how the next couple of evenings will be spent as we try and get shut of as much excess as possible.

I can see my life passing before me in some kind of mad blur... :scared:
Old Jun 11th 2006, 10:13 pm
Kelly

kellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to all

[QUOTE=Mr Lee]Everything at our end is moving scarily fast.

We've got our family farewell get-together a week today, we're frantically trying to get round our friends to say goodbye to them as well, the house is sold, the movers are coming on 19-20 June (Whites) and the flight is booked for 23 June.

I've just bunged a few things on E-Bay and it's looking as though that's how the next couple of evenings will be spent as we try and get shut of as much excess as possible.

I can see my life passing before me in some kind of mad blur... :scared:

Hey Bud

What you selling?

Made over £200 just selling old clothes so far. Lots more to get rid of.
Old Jun 11th 2006, 10:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kellydrew
Hey Bud

What you selling?

Made over £200 just selling old clothes so far. Lots more to get rid of.
Washing machine is the big thing - the rest is just stuff that the other half has that she's never used - make-up and handbags mainly.
The local charity shops are getting all our clothes. We already had a big clear out when we put the house on the market. But still, she seems to find yet more clothes from somewhere...

Why you asking? Are you interested in a nice Radley handbag and matching purse?
Old Jun 15th 2006, 7:53 pm
Kelly

Originally Posted by Mr Lee
Washing machine is the big thing - the rest is just stuff that the other half has that she's never used - make-up and handbags mainly.
The local charity shops are getting all our clothes. We already had a big clear out when we put the house on the market. But still, she seems to find yet more clothes from somewhere...

Why you asking? Are you interested in a nice Radley handbag and matching purse?
Andrew may not but hey I might!!!
Although if OH reads this he'll moan as were supposed to be getting rid of stuff lol!!!!
Happy landings
Kelly
Old Jun 15th 2006, 10:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kellydrew
Andrew may not but hey I might!!!
Although if OH reads this he'll moan as were supposed to be getting rid of stuff lol!!!!
Happy landings
Kelly
Those damn things have got me hooked on E-Bay at the moment.

Not sold, but several watchers so both should go at the end of the week. Otherwise, I'll get in touch...

Any luck with the house yet?
Old Jun 16th 2006, 11:32 am
Kelly

Those damn things have got me hooked on E-Bay at the moment.

Not sold, but several watchers so both should go at the end of the week. Otherwise, I'll get in touch...

Any luck with the house yet?
Nah mate

Sacked the EA's this week.

Doing my head in :scared: :scared:
Old Jun 21st 2006, 7:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

jerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All,
Thought it time for an update,
How's everyone going ?

We are due to move out of our house next friday,(30th), contracts finally exchanged today, completion is on the 30th.
Flight to Vancouver booked 17th, but it arrives at about 11pm night.
Only problem we had is a two week gap between moving out of the house and being able to book a flight that took the four of us and the dog, but then it is getting near holiday season.

Slightly O/T
Anyone seen RV with robin williams yet, We wondered if it was worth seeing, they were filming it on grouse mountain when we were there last year.
Cheers
Jerry
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 6:44 am
Forum Regular

VCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really nice

Originally Posted by jerry brewer
Hi All,
Thought it time for an update,
How's everyone going ?

Cheers
Jerry
Glad to hear all going well, best of luck with the move next week. At least if you're arriving at 11pm hopefully it'll be quiet at immigration.

My PR card arrived yesterday, not seen it yet as my friend in BC is posting it on to me. Can't wait to get it! We're looking to be over there in Feb/Mar next year - baby due in 6 weeks and then we've got the house to sell (still... )

All the best

V
Old Jun 30th 2006, 1:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Well - just to let you all know belatedly that our journey has come to an end.

We landed in Toronto last Friday and have been staying with Lapsed Canuck's sister and brother in law in Guelph for the last week.

The OH has got a job in Alliston and this PM we're off to Orangeville to check out some flats and houses to rent.

We flew Air Canada from Manchester to get here and they were great. We were well over our baggage allowance, which was already generous, and expected to pay about 200-300 quid (bloody North American keyboards - no pound symbol!!) for excess. The woman at check-in had a brief word with her supervisor and we didn't pay a penny! We were well chuffed.

The only real hold-up was at passport control - nobody tells you that you have to fill out a seperate landing card if you're coming as an immigrant with a Canadian Citizen!
We sailed through immigration and the guy at customs was pretty cool as well - he and a colleague even helped us push our three fully loaded luggage carts through to arrivals! On that point, if you're bringing a lot of luggage (we had 11 items of hold luggage and 6 bags of carry-on stuff!!) it might be worthwhile hiring a porter at Toronto. We didn't and spent $6 on luggage carts with dodgy wheels...

So - here I am. I've put my driving licence in for exchange ($75) and am chasing a job and looking for a car and like I said, we're going to look for somewhere to live later on. My mind's still in holiday mode though! Maybe after being here for another three weeks that will diminish...

Good luck to all those still waiting.
Old Jun 30th 2006, 2:57 pm
Forum Regular

ijstewart is on a distinguished road

Congratulations on your landing!!! My OH is going to land next weekend (July 8th) in Toronto so I hope that all goes as well as yours did - do you have any tips for a smooth and painfree landing? We are in the middle of moving house so I won't be going with him.
Old Jul 1st 2006, 9:49 am
BE Enthusiast

jerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond repute

Well - just to let you all know belatedly that our journey has come to an end.

We landed in Toronto last Friday and have been staying with Lapsed Canuck's sister and brother in law in Guelph for the last week.

The OH has got a job in Alliston and this PM we're off to Orangeville to check out some flats and houses to rent.

We flew Air Canada from Manchester to get here and they were great. We were well over our baggage allowance, which was already generous, and expected to pay about 200-300 quid (bloody North American keyboards - no pound symbol!!) for excess. The woman at check-in had a brief word with her supervisor and we didn't pay a penny! We were well chuffed.

The only real hold-up was at passport control - nobody tells you that you have to fill out a seperate landing card if you're coming as an immigrant with a Canadian Citizen!
We sailed through immigration and the guy at customs was pretty cool as well - he and a colleague even helped us push our three fully loaded luggage carts through to arrivals! On that point, if you're bringing a lot of luggage (we had 11 items of hold luggage and 6 bags of carry-on stuff!!) it might be worthwhile hiring a porter at Toronto. We didn't and spent $6 on luggage carts with dodgy wheels...

So - here I am. I've put my driving licence in for exchange ($75) and am chasing a job and looking for a car and like I said, we're going to look for somewhere to live later on. My mind's still in holiday mode though! Maybe after being here for another three weeks that will diminish...

Good luck to all those still waiting.

Hi,
Glad to hear all went well,
As usual we are running a few weeeks behind you.. removal men packed everything up, apparently almost all they do now is pack for people leaving the UK, The house sale completed yesterday and money is in the bank, we are due to fly out on 17th July, managed to get a rental in vancouver for a year, looks nice on the web photos and the area seems ok on google earth,
we have managed to find a few job leads, and I am getting used to the helpful responses you get from potential employers, if they aren't interested they know someone who is !!
Kids are getting excited as the rental has a pool, so we are set ready for summer.
Just need to sort a hire car to the airport and medical insurance next.
Good luck to all,
Cheers
Jerry
Old Jul 2nd 2006, 9:37 am
Kelly

Hi everyone,
Just to give update on our situation.....................
We're still here!!!!!!!!!!!!! :scared:
House still up for sale and not a bit of interest
We are in process of changing estate agents as the one we have, have done absolutely nothing for us.
I need to get over with my son so he can start school 5th September, so if anyone has any tips or words of advice........

Good luck to those of you who are still waiting and happy life to you lucky ones who have already landed.

Kelly
Old Jul 6th 2006, 11:54 am
Forum Regular

Horizons is on a distinguished road

Husband of Horizons here - we have recieved some devastating news from London today - basically they have not issued me with PR as they say they do not believe that wife is resident in Canada.

We supplied everything they asked for & wife has been in Vancouver (she has been back to visit a couple of times - but how can this mean that she is NOT residing over there!

Any advise would be greatly appreciated - we are going to appeal - and hope that will be straight forward, but on the off chance that this doesn't overtunr their decision will she be able to re sponsor me?

H
Old Jul 6th 2006, 12:46 pm
Forum Regular

VCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really nice

Originally Posted by Horizons
Husband of Horizons here - we have recieved some devastating news from London today - basically they have not issued me with PR as they say they do not believe that wife is resident in Canada.

We supplied everything they asked for & wife has been in Vancouver (she has been back to visit a couple of times - but how can this mean that she is NOT residing over there!

Any advise would be greatly appreciated - we are going to appeal - and hope that will be straight forward, but on the off chance that this doesn't overtunr their decision will she be able to re sponsor me?

H
Really sorry to hear your news, can't beleive they've refused you PR on those grounds. So do they think you are lying? I would ask the experts' opinion on this, I really hope you can sort it out and soon.

Let us know how you get on

V

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.