Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Anyone heard from Mississauga

Anyone heard from Mississauga

Old May 20th 2006, 7:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

jerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone heard from Mississauga

Originally Posted by Mystic Kazza
Cheers Mate

I think/hope we`ve priced the house right , it`d be nice if sold within a few weeks though - heres to hoping ...

Keep waiting , you`ll get your brown envelope anytime now you`ll see.

Best of luck
Phil

This turned into one hell of a thread didn`t it ?
Hi
A real good thread, should be a sticky by now,
Hey , silly thought but all our application stories, ups & downs, would probably have made a good TV reality program.
Cheers
Jerry
Old May 20th 2006, 8:20 pm
Kelly

kellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to all

Originally Posted by jerry brewer
Hi
A real good thread, should be a sticky by now,
Hey , silly thought but all our application stories, ups & downs, would probably have made a good TV reality program.
Cheers
Jerry

Beat the crap out of that shite Big Brother!!!!!!!
Old May 27th 2006, 9:29 am
BE Enthusiast

jerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All,
It's time for an update from us.
me me me me ...................................
One damaged brown envelope collected from the post office this morning, however safely inside was one passport & visa, also an IMM 5292 form.
Now it's start planning for the July landing in Vancouver.
Good luck to all those still waiting.
Tonight some

Can anyone recommend any companies for the three months medical insurance?

Cheers
jerry

AOR 10-04-06
PPR 05-05-06,
Visa received 27-05-06,
Old May 27th 2006, 9:38 am
Forum Regular

sally h is a name known to allsally h is a name known to allsally h is a name known to allsally h is a name known to allsally h is a name known to allsally h is a name known to allsally h is a name known to allsally h is a name known to allsally h is a name known to allsally h is a name known to allsally h is a name known to all

Cheers
jerry

AOR 10-04-06
PPR 05-05-06,
Visa received 27-05-06,
Congratulations Jerry.
I've been doing a little research on health insurance my self!
"Canada Sure" got some good write ups, but haven't got the no for them yet.
Others are apperently ...Canada life 1-800-680-3837
Cowan Wright Beauchamp 1-888-509-7797
Manulife Financial 1-800-268-3763
Blue cross 1-800-873-2583

I have more numbers, if you want more, but those should make a start
Good Luck
Sally
Old May 27th 2006, 9:41 am
Forum Regular

sally h is a name known to allsally h is a name known to allsally h is a name known to allsally h is a name known to allsally h is a name known to allsally h is a name known to allsally h is a name known to allsally h is a name known to allsally h is a name known to allsally h is a name known to allsally h is a name known to all

BTW what's an IMM 5292 form?
Thanks!
Old May 27th 2006, 3:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sally h
BTW what's an IMM 5292 form?
Thanks!
Hi Sally,
Thanks for the info on the insurance, I will give them a try,
The IMM5292, is a form for confirmation of permanent residence, that is filled out on landing, by the immigration officer, lists my canadian wife, etc
And very strangely.....
The form has an expiry date of one month before my visa expires.
Cheers
Jerry
Old May 27th 2006, 4:15 pm
Forum Regular

VCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really nice

Hi All,
One damaged brown envelope collected from the post office this morning, however safely inside was one passport & visa, also an IMM 5292 form.
Tonight some

Congrats Jerry, enjoy those tonight!

V
Old May 27th 2006, 11:04 pm
Kelly

kellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to all

Hi Sally,
Thanks for the info on the insurance, I will give them a try,
The IMM5292, is a form for confirmation of permanent residence, that is filled out on landing, by the immigration officer, lists my canadian wife, etc
And very strangely.....
The form has an expiry date of one month before my visa expires.
Cheers
Jerry
Hey Jerry

Many congrats. I see you cut it pretty fine. I landed May 5th and my visa expired May 10th. Once we sell the bloody house we're over

Anyway well done bud.
Old May 28th 2006, 7:34 am
Forum Regular

Mystic Kazza is just really niceMystic Kazza is just really niceMystic Kazza is just really niceMystic Kazza is just really niceMystic Kazza is just really niceMystic Kazza is just really niceMystic Kazza is just really niceMystic Kazza is just really niceMystic Kazza is just really nice

[QUOTE=jerry brewer]Hi All,
Tonight some

Cheers
jerry

Congrats Mate .

It`s a great feeling eh ?

We`re just in limbo at the mo waiting for our house to sell otherwise we`ll have to come up with a plan `b` - whatever that may be .

Thanks for the info on insurance Sally , it`s another chore we need to undertake now as well .

Best regards
Phil
Old May 28th 2006, 1:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi All,
Thanks for the comments ,
I keep checking the passport everynow and then to make sure the visa is still there
Hopefully if all goes well, the house is sold for the 30/6 and we land 7/7, time soon to start booking tickets / rooms / etc, start selling the car / bits and book the movers.
Good luck to all those waiting.
Cheers
Jerry
Old Jun 2nd 2006, 7:35 am
Forum Regular

Horizons is on a distinguished road

Hi All,

Hubby of Horizon's here - some of you may recall we were asked for further evidence that wife is in Canada in April (24th) - anyway, we basically sent what we could as she is currently not working, no proof of income, but a letter from a local Newspaper where she did some temp work back in March & a recent bank summary.

It has been 3 weeks since we sent all this to London & we still haven't heard anything....................we are starting to get a bit worried .................do you think I should try & contact them or try & wait it out a bit longer?

thanks
Old Jun 2nd 2006, 8:12 am
Forum Regular

VCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really nice

Originally Posted by Horizons
Hi All,

Hubby of Horizon's here - some of you may recall we were asked for further evidence that wife is in Canada in April (24th) - anyway, we basically sent what we could as she is currently not working, no proof of income, but a letter from a local Newspaper where she did some temp work back in March & a recent bank summary.

It has been 3 weeks since we sent all this to London & we still haven't heard anything....................we are starting to get a bit worried .................do you think I should try & contact them or try & wait it out a bit longer?

thanks
I'd be inclined to give it another week if you can then contact them. If you really can't wait I don't suppose it would hurt to send them an email, it might just prompt them to get on with it - maybe it's sat waiting in a pile somewhere?

Sorry, that's not much help is it! I really feel for you though and hope you get that PPR soon.

Keep us posted

V
Old Jun 11th 2006, 4:50 pm
Kelly

Hi everybody

Was wondering how you were all doing who subscribed to this thread.

Vixen, Jerry Brewer, Hezbett, Mr Lee, Island Girl and anyone else I've forgot to mention. How's it going with you?
Old Jun 11th 2006, 9:23 pm
Forum Regular

Mystic Kazza is just really niceMystic Kazza is just really niceMystic Kazza is just really niceMystic Kazza is just really niceMystic Kazza is just really niceMystic Kazza is just really niceMystic Kazza is just really niceMystic Kazza is just really niceMystic Kazza is just really nice

Originally Posted by kellydrew
Hi everybody

Vixen, Jerry Brewer, Hezbett, Mr Lee, Island Girl and anyone else I've forgot to mention. How's it going with you?

Crap !

We`re all set and ready to go , I`ve handed my notice in where I work ( end of August ) House is on the market , not overpriced by any stretch of the imagination . It`s a good house , good area , completely renovated top to bottom - and we aint had a sniff ! Not even an enquiry . Nothing .

I have to land before October 10th and it`s been mentioned that I could land before then and then return . But to what ? I`ll be jobless over here .

We need to come up with a plan `B` soon , not that we ever had a plan `A` but there you go .

We have this great `life on hold feeling` that we all love and know so well - eh ? Just wish things would get moving Not tooooo worried - yet , I`m sure it`ll all work out in the end .

Hope everythings going well with you all anyway . Good luck to everyone.

Phil
Old Jun 11th 2006, 9:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kellydrew
Hi everybody

Hi All,
Our house sale is still going thro' .... I put my notice in about two weeks ago, bishops removers booked for 27 june, we move out 30th june.
Just bought a dog kennel from canine kennels , but having loads of greif, we paid them, but still no kennel and I keep getting the ' we'll call you back ' .....
Anyway as soon as we sort out the kennel, it's booking the flights, we are aiming for landing Vancouver sometime around about the 8th july, job hunting is going reasonable, got two ' call me when you land ' replies to my e mail & CV.
Busy throwing out loads of stuff, etc.
Kids getting excited now..
Good luck to all.
Cheers
Jerry

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.