Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Anyone heard from Mississauga

Anyone heard from Mississauga

Old May 10th 2006, 5:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

jerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone heard from Mississauga

Hi All,
Just an update,
A brown letter arrived today, requesting the passport ....
Aggghhhh :scared:
we are going ....
Cheers
Jerry

P.S.
for those waiting...

AOR 10-04-06
PPR 05-05-06, ( letter received 10-05-06 )
Old May 10th 2006, 8:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jerry brewer
Hi All,
Just an update,
we are going ....
Cheers
Jerry

P.S.
for those waiting...

AOR 10-04-06

Excellent news Jerry!

You're just a week behind me!

Won't be long now pal.
Old May 11th 2006, 3:01 am
Forum Regular

Island_Girl has much to be proud ofIsland_Girl has much to be proud ofIsland_Girl has much to be proud ofIsland_Girl has much to be proud ofIsland_Girl has much to be proud ofIsland_Girl has much to be proud ofIsland_Girl has much to be proud ofIsland_Girl has much to be proud ofIsland_Girl has much to be proud ofIsland_Girl has much to be proud ofIsland_Girl has much to be proud of

Hubby landed at Vancouver Airport on Saturday evening his flight came in at 7:35 pm and he was through customs and immigration and out the door of the airport by 8:10 pm.

Island Girl
Old May 11th 2006, 4:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

jerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Island_Girl
Hubby landed at Vancouver Airport on Saturday evening his flight came in at 7:35 pm and he was through customs and immigration and out the door of the airport by 8:10 pm.

Island Girl
hi
glad your re united, and all went well
Cheers
Jerry
Old May 11th 2006, 4:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mr Lee
Excellent news Jerry!

You're just a week behind me!

Won't be long now pal.
Hi
Thanks, we were using your dates as a guideline ... seems they are on schedule at london, and we just heard from the london embassy the kids canadian passports can be done, ( once we pay ).
It's all finally slotting together.
Cheers
Jerry
Old May 11th 2006, 5:14 pm
Forum Regular

sally h is a name known to allsally h is a name known to allsally h is a name known to allsally h is a name known to allsally h is a name known to allsally h is a name known to allsally h is a name known to allsally h is a name known to allsally h is a name known to allsally h is a name known to allsally h is a name known to all

Originally Posted by sally h
Thanks TFI and Drew

I wait with baited breath!!!
Drew - I did smile at the image of your first night landed, lazing around with a beer in hand. With luck that will be me soon, hopefully before the end of a beautiful Ontario summer!

Thanks again to you both
Sally
Thankgoodness for that...I was running out of breath....Decision made today,
11/5/06....That works out at 38 days from application arriving at Mississauga to the decision on E-cas. Now I can start holding my breath for the decision to arrive through my letter box!
Sally
Old May 18th 2006, 11:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Mr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond repute

Well, the postman's just been and delivered a recorded delivery envelope from CHC London containing my passport with a nice new shiny Canadian visa inside, complete with the word "Immigrant"!

YYYYEEEEEEESSSSSSSSS!!!

So, those who aren't far behind me on their time-lines, don't leave the house until after the postman's been for the next week or so!

Now there's just baby's citizenship and passports (GB and Canadian) to get sorted, removal quotes to finalise, shipping companies to choose, house sale to complete, farewells to be said, removals to be made and a final trip to the airport.

Canada, here I come!
Old May 18th 2006, 12:34 pm
Forum Regular

PROLLINSON has a brilliant futurePROLLINSON has a brilliant futurePROLLINSON has a brilliant futurePROLLINSON has a brilliant futurePROLLINSON has a brilliant futurePROLLINSON has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Mr Lee
Well, the postman's just been and delivered a recorded delivery envelope from CHC London containing my passport with a nice new shiny Canadian visa inside, complete with the word "Immigrant"!

YYYYEEEEEEESSSSSSSSS!!!

So, those who aren't far behind me on their time-lines, don't leave the house until after the postman's been for the next week or so!

Now there's just baby's citizenship and passports (GB and Canadian) to get sorted, removal quotes to finalise, shipping companies to choose, house sale to complete, farewells to be said, removals to be made and a final trip to the airport.

Canada, here I come!

Congrats
Old May 18th 2006, 12:37 pm

jimbunting is on a distinguished road

[QUOTE=cov-canuck]The number for CIC Mississauga is:
001 613 944 4000

I'll warn you though...it's not user-friendly! I've called 3 times, and each time spent upwards of 5 minutes just trying to negotiate around the automated system to speak to a real, live person. I'll also give you a little tip...of the three times I called, the first time I admitted I was calling from outside Canada and got a very mild ticking off. The second time, again, I admitted I was calling from outside of Canada and the woman almost put the phone down on me. The third time I wasn't asked, but I'd prepared an answer of "I applied from outside of Canada, but I'm actually in Canada on vacation at the moment and thought I'd check on it..."...just be prepared for a bit of hassle if you're honest with them! Technically "outside" applications shouldn't be able to phone them, I found the above number after a LONG internet search!

And the fact that the MISSISSAUGA office is NOT in the 613 telephone area code just might also be the reason why they are "ticked off with you".

I say again. Mississauga Ontario is in the 905 area code , while 613 is in OTTAWA, the capital city of Canada, 250 miles away.

And for all those that are complaining about the processing times, get a grip on reality, Canada has about 5 MILLION applicants , from all over the world to deal with. You are not the only ones that want to come to my country. Patience is needed, so while you are waiting, are you learning all about Canada?

Do you know enough NOT to bring any electrical appliances as they won't work here, with a different voltage system? How about winter clothing? Or getting used to the HOT summers? All important stuff to find out about.

Jim Bunting. Toronto.
Old May 18th 2006, 1:32 pm
Forum Regular

VCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really nice

Originally Posted by jerry brewer
Hi All,
Just an update,
we are going ....
Cheers
Jerry

P.S.
for those waiting...

AOR 10-04-06
Great news Jerry, seems to have happened really quickly once you got over that initial setback. When/where are you landing? I landed at Vancouver two weeks ago, v straightforward and took just under an hour (45 mins of that was spent in the queue).

V
Old May 18th 2006, 1:34 pm
Forum Regular

VCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really nice

Originally Posted by Island_Girl

Island Girl

Congrats Island, I bet you had a great time celebrating !

V
Old May 18th 2006, 1:51 pm
Kelly

kellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to all

Originally Posted by VCox
Congrats Island, I bet you had a great time celebrating !

V
Congrats Island

I supose this thread will be coming to an end pretty soon. All those who were posting regularly seem to have reached the end of the road so to speak.
Well done everyone.

Drew

PS You think Jim was a little bit ticked off with us Brits? His Country eh?
Old May 18th 2006, 2:54 pm

jimbunting is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by kellydrew
Congrats Island

I supose this thread will be coming to an end pretty soon. All those who were posting regularly seem to have reached the end of the road so to speak.
Well done everyone.

Drew

PS You think Jim was a little bit ticked off with us Brits? His Country eh?
As someone who was born in Canada ,and whose ancestors came here in 1801 ( yes over 200 years ago ) I can refer to Canada as MY country, for sure. I don't mean that I own it, just that I AM A CANADIAN. As a matter of fact I spent 30 years wearing Canada on my uniform, as a Canadian soldier.

I'm not ticked off. I was simply pointing out a obvious fact. The phone number that was posted in the 613 area code, is in OTTAWA, not Mississauga, which is the city to the west of Toronto, where I live.

Can you accept that someone like myself, who is very supportive of ALL Immigration, just might want to HELP explain things a bit ? You can stop rolling your eyes now.

Jim Bunting. Toronto.
Old May 18th 2006, 3:11 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jimbunting
As someone who was born in Canada ,and whose ancestors came here in 1801 ( yes over 200 years ago ) I can refer to Canada as MY country, for sure. I don't mean that I own it, just that I AM A CANADIAN. As a matter of fact I spent 30 years wearing Canada on my uniform, as a Canadian soldier.
Now let me get this straight you are claiming 200+ years of Canadian Ancestory?
Old May 18th 2006, 3:50 pm
Kelly

kellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to all

Originally Posted by jimbunting

I'm not ticked off. I was simply pointing out a obvious fact. The phone number that was posted in the 613 area code, is in OTTAWA, not Mississauga, which is the city to the west of Toronto, where I live.

Can you accept that someone like myself, who is very supportive of ALL Immigration, just might want to HELP explain things a bit ? You can stop rolling your eyes now.

Jim Bunting. Toronto.

I'm sorry Jim if I offended but but I have to say, in my opinion, your tone was a little condescending and slightly patronising. I and I'm sure most people on this thread appreciate your advice.
I think if we in this country used the term "my country" with regard to an immigration topic then we could be on dodgy ground. Rightly or wrongly that's how ot is now over here.

Anyway apologies if I offended you!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.