Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Anyone heard from Mississauga

Anyone heard from Mississauga

Old Jan 27th 2006, 7:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

jerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone heard from Mississauga

Originally Posted by kellydrew
Hey mate

I'm inexactly the same boat. Min runs out in May(medical) so they need to get their skates on. If not we'll be another £400 lighter. My two kids are sstaying here but still needed the medical, just in case they decide to come to live at a later date. Lets all think positive and I'm sure we'll be over by end of summer. Where are you going living?

All the best

Drew
Hi Drew,
We are aiming for Vancouver B.C. area, my wife was born there and we love the place and the people/attitudes we met.
Youngest two kids are coming, but oldest aren't sure yet, but as they all have canadian passports & are citizens, It won't be any problem if they don't all arrive together, I will be the only immigrant !!
Cheers
Jerry
Old Jan 27th 2006, 7:36 pm
Forum Regular

Horizons is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by jerry brewer
Hi Drew,
We are aiming for Vancouver B.C. area, my wife was born there and we love the place and the people/attitudes we met.
Youngest two kids are coming, but oldest aren't sure yet, but as they all have canadian passports & are citizens, It won't be any problem if they don't all arrive together, I will be the only immigrant !!
Cheers
Jerry
Hey All,

I did not participate in last weeks thread (I have read it though) - I hope you don't mind me joining in.

I sent off my husbands paperwork early Dec 05 to Mississauga, they received it on 15th Dec, started processing it on 16th Jan, however they have sent the app back as it seems we haven't paid enough fees(Doh) - the app was returned to my previous address in BC, am still waiting for it to arrive.

If they have told me that they have returned it because of the lack of fees, is it pretty obvious that it is likely to be a yes in principle, or is that too big an assumption? Any thoughts?

Old Jan 27th 2006, 8:22 pm
Kelly

kellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Horizons
Hey All,

I did not participate in last weeks thread (I have read it though) - I hope you don't mind me joining in.

I sent off my husbands paperwork early Dec 05 to Mississauga, they received it on 15th Dec, started processing it on 16th Jan, however they have sent the app back as it seems we haven't paid enough fees(Doh) - the app was returned to my previous address in BC, am still waiting for it to arrive.

If they have told me that they have returned it because of the lack of fees, is it pretty obvious that it is likely to be a yes in principle, or is that too big an assumption? Any thoughts?

Hi

I would be inclined to agree with you. If they've looked at your file and the only thing wrong is the fact that you haven't paid enough fees ,then one would assume that the rest is ok, otherwise I'm sure they would have told you if anything else was wrong. But hey you never know.

Good luck

Drew

PS what the hell is happening with the Leafs? They suck!!!! :scared:
Old Jan 27th 2006, 8:50 pm
Forum Regular

Horizons is on a distinguished road
Wink Re: Anyone heard from Mississauga

Hi

I would be inclined to agree with you. If they've looked at your file and the only thing wrong is the fact that you haven't paid enough fees ,then one would assume that the rest is ok, otherwise I'm sure they would have told you if anything else was wrong. But hey you never know.

Good luck

Drew

PS what the hell is happening with the Leafs? They suck!!!! :scared:
Thanks for your response Drew - I hope we are right

H
Old Jan 27th 2006, 11:16 pm
Forum Regular

VCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really nice

[QUOTE=kellydrew]
When your on the e-cas site, have you tried to click the box that says client number or the box that says imm5401.

Hi Kelly

I've tried both ways and neither work, seems that for some reason they've not started processing ours yet

My medical & police checks run out in October but we're expecting our third child in August and had hoped to have at least been able to land before then if we couldn't complete the move in time. Is there a time limit between landing and going to live there permanently?

Trying to co-ordinate everything when you've no idea of timescales is really tricky, does anyone else feel like they're living in limbo? I shouldn't complain though cos we've got it "easy" compared to the SWs.

Wishing everyone speedy processing times (including me!) and thanks for all the useful tips so far. I'll share mine if I and when I have any.

Victoria
Old Jan 28th 2006, 1:03 am
Kelly

kellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to all

[QUOTE=VCox]

When your on the e-cas site, have you tried to click the box that says client number or the box that says imm5401.

Hi Kelly

I've tried both ways and neither work, seems that for some reason they've not started processing ours yet

My medical & police checks run out in October but we're expecting our third child in August and had hoped to have at least been able to land before then if we couldn't complete the move in time. Is there a time limit between landing and going to live there permanently?

Trying to co-ordinate everything when you've no idea of timescales is really tricky, does anyone else feel like they're living in limbo? I shouldn't complain though cos we've got it "easy" compared to the SWs.

Wishing everyone speedy processing times (including me!) and thanks for all the useful tips so far. I'll share mine if I and when I have any.

Victoria
Hi Vicky

My medical is up at the beginning of May so it's looking like I'm gonna need it again. We too are totally in limbo. We want to move in August so as to get our son who will 11 into the local school at the beginning of their year. We are not too sure when to put the house up for sale as we dont want to sell it too quickly and have nowhere to live. I mean most leases now are for a minimum of 6 months so renting wouldn't really be an option until we do leave. One encouraging thing is that the times for processing at London don't seem to be as bad as the 3-10 months that they predict. Looking at last weeks thread some were done within 2 months.

Someone was saying last week that, for argument sake, in our case.....Kelly is Canadian and sponsoring me. She and Connor(her son) can go at any time coz they're Canadians. If we wanted to go in August we land at Toronto tell the immigration official that I am being sponsored and as long as you have your case number they will give you a 6 month tourist visa. You have to give them the address where you'll be living and hopefully PR visa would follow soon after. This info came from the HC in London. Apparently it happens all the time. Only drawback is you cant apply for you SIN number until you have your PR visa so effectively you cant work. But I suppose if you have the resources to get by for a while then that would be an option.

Has anybody else heard of this?

Take care

Drew
Old Jan 28th 2006, 1:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by VCox

PRs are required to be present in Canada 2yrs in every 5yr rolling period to keep their status, *but* when they are accompanying Canadian spouses/partners overseas, that counts as time spent in Canada (but only for PR purposes, not for attaining citizenship). So you could land, leave, and not return for as long as it takes! See http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomer/res-oblig.html for the full details
Old Jan 28th 2006, 9:30 pm
Forum Regular

Island_Girl has much to be proud ofIsland_Girl has much to be proud ofIsland_Girl has much to be proud ofIsland_Girl has much to be proud ofIsland_Girl has much to be proud ofIsland_Girl has much to be proud ofIsland_Girl has much to be proud ofIsland_Girl has much to be proud ofIsland_Girl has much to be proud ofIsland_Girl has much to be proud ofIsland_Girl has much to be proud of
Smile Re: Anyone heard from Mississauga

Hello Everyone

I am new to the site, I stumbled across it last week and have been reading the posts with great interest. Nice to have others to talk to going through simular experiences.

I live in Victoria BC on beautiful Vancouver Island and have recently married my husband who lives in London. We applied to CIC Mississauga (they received our application Nov 10) We received our application back on Dec 22 requesting a medical for my husbands dependant son who is not immigrating with him. We sent back the medical along with our application and CIC received it Jan 17 and sent us a letter stating Sponsorship approved and PR application sent to Visa Office in London

From here we are blind can anyone tell us what my husband might be expecting as far as procedures, requirements, paperwork wanted from the London Visa Office and any ideal on time frames? we can not seem to find much information we are praying that he will be able to move to Canada by April or May ...our fingers are crossed anyway
Old Jan 29th 2006, 5:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

jerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Island_Girl
Hello Everyone

I am new to the site, I stumbled across it last week and have been reading the posts with great interest. Nice to have others to talk to going through simular experiences.

I live in Victoria BC on beautiful Vancouver Island and have recently married my husband who lives in London. We applied to CIC Mississauga (they received our application Nov 10) We received our application back on Dec 22 requesting a medical for my husbands dependant son who is not immigrating with him. We sent back the medical along with our application and CIC received it Jan 17 and sent us a letter stating Sponsorship approved and PR application sent to Visa Office in London

From here we are blind can anyone tell us what my husband might be expecting as far as procedures, requirements, paperwork wanted from the London Visa Office and any ideal on time frames? we can not seem to find much information we are praying that he will be able to move to Canada by April or May ...our fingers are crossed anyway
Hi Island girl,
Sorry can't help with answers,
But welcome to the thread, possibly someone else maybe able to help.
Victoria is a lovely place, ( my wife apparently is named after it ).
Cheers
Jerry
Old Jan 29th 2006, 8:15 pm
Forum Regular

VCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really nice

Originally Posted by Biiiiink
PRs are required to be present in Canada 2yrs in every 5yr rolling period to keep their status, *but* when they are accompanying Canadian spouses/partners overseas, that counts as time spent in Canada (but only for PR purposes, not for attaining citizenship). So you could land, leave, and not return for as long as it takes! See http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomer/res-oblig.html for the full details

Thanks for that, at least that takes a bit of pressure off.

I don't suppose you know whether I have to inform CIC when our child is born, if I've already received my visa but not landed? Depending how long processing takes I might not be able to land before the birth (due early Aug).

Thanks

Victoria
Old Jan 29th 2006, 8:29 pm
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=kellydrew]

My medical is up at the beginning of May so it's looking like I'm gonna need it again. We too are totally in limbo. We want to move in August so as to get our son who will 11 into the local school at the beginning of their year. We are not too sure when to put the house up for sale as we dont want to sell it too quickly and have nowhere to live. I mean most leases now are for a minimum of 6 months so renting wouldn't really be an option until we do leave. One encouraging thing is that the times for processing at London don't seem to be as bad as the 3-10 months that they predict. Looking at last weeks thread some were done within 2 months.

Someone was saying last week that, for argument sake, in our case.....Kelly is Canadian and sponsoring me. She and Connor(her son) can go at any time coz they're Canadians. If we wanted to go in August we land at Toronto tell the immigration official that I am being sponsored and as long as you have your case number they will give you a 6 month tourist visa. You have to give them the address where you'll be living and hopefully PR visa would follow soon after. This info came from the HC in London. Apparently it happens all the time. Only drawback is you cant apply for you SIN number until you have your PR visa so effectively you cant work. But I suppose if you have the resources to get by for a while then that would be an option.

Has anybody else heard of this?

Take care

Drew

Hi Drew

Yes, I was told by a CHC official at the Emigrate fair last year that I could effectively go anytime (with Canadian husband) and apply for PR once I'm there, have a 6 month temporary visa in the meantime. She said if the PR wasn't processed within 6 months then I just needed to go over the border to Buffalo (?) for the day and come back again and get another 6 month visa.

However, my mother in law made enquiries at CIC in Canada and was told this wasn't true and that if I turned up in Canada on a one-way ticket I'd be sent right back again. I couldn't understand why the CHC official would have told me that if it wasn't true, but having read the post from last week about this I'm thinking imaybe if they can see from your passport that you have an application in progress then that's what makes the difference? (To be honest, I'm more inclined to believe the CHC official than my mother-in-law!)

Sorry I can't give a definite answer but I hope that helps a bit. Regarding putting your house up for sale, I don't know what the market is like where you are but we 've had our house on the market since October and it took our next door neighbour a year to sell hers...

Frustrating as it is now, hopefully in a year's time it'll all be a distant memory and we'll all be enjoying our new lives in Canada.

Victoria
Old Jan 29th 2006, 9:53 pm
Kelly

[QUOTE=VCox]

Hi Drew

Yes, I was told by a CHC official at the Emigrate fair last year that I could effectively go anytime (with Canadian husband) and apply for PR once I'm there, have a 6 month temporary visa in the meantime. She said if the PR wasn't processed within 6 months then I just needed to go over the border to Buffalo (?) for the day and come back again and get another 6 month visa.

However, my mother in law made enquiries at CIC in Canada and was told this wasn't true and that if I turned up in Canada on a one-way ticket I'd be sent right back again. I couldn't understand why the CHC official would have told me that if it wasn't true, but having read the post from last week about this I'm thinking imaybe if they can see from your passport that you have an application in progress then that's what makes the difference? (To be honest, I'm more inclined to believe the CHC official than my mother-in-law!)

Sorry I can't give a definite answer but I hope that helps a bit. Regarding putting your house up for sale, I don't know what the market is like where you are but we 've had our house on the market since October and it took our next door neighbour a year to sell hers...

Frustrating as it is now, hopefully in a year's time it'll all be a distant memory and we'll all be enjoying our new lives in Canada.

Victoria
Hi Vicky

Thanks for your reply. I too would be inclined to believe the CHC official. Not that I'm saying your mother in law isn't a hive of information....

Anyway if anybody could clarify this I'd be very grateful.

Cheers
Drew
Old Jan 29th 2006, 9:56 pm
Kelly

[QUOTE=kellydrew]

Hi Vicky

Thanks for your reply. I too would be inclined to believe the CHC official. Not that I'm saying your mother in law isn't a hive of information....

Anyway if anybody could clarify this I'd be very grateful.

Cheers
Drew
Vicky

Where abouts do you live? The housing market around here is pretty stagnant at the minute. I'm sure you're like us. You don't want to give your house away coz the money you make is for your future in Canada, yet you want to sell asap!!!......It's a bit of a dilemma!!

Take care

Drew
Old Jan 30th 2006, 1:23 pm
Just Joined

hezbett is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

As discussed in last weeks thread, CPC at Mississauga seem to be dragging their feet just a little. I was wondering if anyone involved in last weeks thread has heard anything?
Cheers
Drew
Hi there everyone
Just thought I'd check in and say that we have also not received any notification of anything! As you can see in my timeline, I sent in the application on 31st October and had a phone call from the High Commission in London (after I sent them an email) saying that our application had gone to the departnment that deals with applications for Canadian Living Exclusively outside Canada and had begun processing on 5th December.

BUT, apart from this, I have not received a word from CIC, Mississauga or otherwise. No letter of acknowledgement, no decision yey or ney, nothin!

We also can't see anything on line when we put in our receipt number, so maybe the best thing is if I call the Centre and ask for our case number - thanks for the advice on that!

Also, I'm the one who gave the info last week about going to Canada early even if your application is in processing and I was told that info by the lady from the High Commission who called me, so I tend to believe her!

Will keep you updated on our progress and look forward to reading everyone else's!

Old Jan 30th 2006, 1:36 pm
Just Joined

hezbett is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=cov-canuck]The number for CIC Mississauga is:
001 613 944 4000
QUOTE]

Hi cov-canuck
Congrats on your new found status!

I have just tried calling the number you gave us last thread and this one to call for info on our applications and I went through to Foreign Affairs Canada, where I was only given the ability to press 1 for english or 2 for french (not for immigration as you state). Any advice on why this might be?

Cheers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.