Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Anyone heard from Mississauga

Anyone heard from Mississauga

Old Apr 16th 2006, 6:28 am
Kelly

kellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to all
Default Re: Anyone heard from Mississauga

Originally Posted by koogar
wherever I can get a job really drew.
saskatoon, regina, winnipeg.
I'm planning on flying into calgary, renting a car and then driving round the different cities and visiting the trucking firms there.
I've got an interview in saskatoon when I get there and someone to see in regina.
looking forward to the adventure either way.

Best of British mate!!
Old Apr 16th 2006, 7:28 am
Whatacomplete Member

koogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kellydrew
Best of British mate!!
cheers bloke
Old Apr 16th 2006, 7:58 am
Kelly

kellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to all

cheers bloke
Could you please enter your timeline

cheers
kelly
Old Apr 16th 2006, 8:08 am
Whatacomplete Member

koogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond repute

Could you please enter your timeline

cheers
kelly
timeline? what you mean kelly?

Last edited by koogar; Apr 16th 2006 at 8:13 am.
Old Apr 16th 2006, 11:45 am
Kelly

Look at our signature.

Date sent,processed, yadayadayada!!!
Old Apr 16th 2006, 12:06 pm
Kelly

Hi
If you go to 'My Profile' and then click onto edit my signature then you can write in your timeline, hope that's helpfull.
Its just we like to see other timelines then we can see how people are progressing.
Cheers
Kelly
Old Apr 16th 2006, 12:07 pm
Whatacomplete Member

Look at our signature.

Date sent,processed, yadayadayada!!!
oh, ok.....not got one really.
just phoned people, got an interview, got a job offer, going over to talk to some other people about jobs next month probably.......all since feb
right at the start of my timeline then
Old Apr 16th 2006, 7:19 pm
Kelly

oh, ok.....not got one really.
just phoned people, got an interview, got a job offer, going over to talk to some other people about jobs next month probably.......all since feb
right at the start of my timeline then
Well good luck with the job hunting. Are you applying as a skilled worker or are you being sponsored?
I believe the route of a skilled worker is a long process, although my brother's work in England, wanted him to move over to the American office, this was a quick sure way of speeding up the process.
This website is a brilliant tool to gather information and ask questions, either way good luck

Kelly
Old Apr 16th 2006, 7:27 pm
Whatacomplete Member

Well good luck with the job hunting. Are you applying as a skilled worker or are you being sponsored?
I believe the route of a skilled worker is a long process, although my brother's work in England, wanted him to move over to the American office, this was a quick sure way of speeding up the process.
This website is a brilliant tool to gather information and ask questions, either way good luck

Kelly
thanks kelly.
will be the PNP approach I think
Old Apr 18th 2006, 9:12 pm
Forum Regular

sally h is a name known to allsally h is a name known to allsally h is a name known to allsally h is a name known to allsally h is a name known to allsally h is a name known to allsally h is a name known to allsally h is a name known to allsally h is a name known to allsally h is a name known to allsally h is a name known to all
Smile Re: Anyone heard from Mississauga

Hi. I've just found this site and thread, and am so pleased as most of the others I've visited seem to be about SW class.
It seems as though those lovely people who started this have almost come to that longed for moment of receiving their PR.
My husband is Canadian, and has been living here with me in England for eight years. We finally sent off the forms to Mississauga on March 30th, and now the waiting starts!
It seems to be about a 3-4 month wait from start to finish (sponsor and app forms) Am I right in my assessment, or is that just wishfull thinking.
Just after we sent the forms off my husband has been offered a job in Oshawa, Ontario due to start end of July. I am hoping (in optimism) that my PR might come through before then, so that I'm not left behind.
How does anyone rate my chances?
Did everything up front, payment, medical etc... And hoping desperately that I didn't forget anything, and get it all sent back return of post.
Thankyou again for this wonderful thread!!!
Sally
Old Apr 18th 2006, 9:25 pm
Kelly

Originally Posted by sally h
Hi. I've just found this site and thread, and am so pleased as most of the others I've visited seem to be about SW class.
It seems as though those lovely people who started this have almost come to that longed for moment of receiving their PR.
My husband is Canadian, and has been living here with me in England for eight years. We finally sent off the forms to Mississauga on March 30th, and now the waiting starts!
It seems to be about a 3-4 month wait from start to finish (sponsor and app forms) Am I right in my assessment, or is that just wishfull thinking.
Just after we sent the forms off my husband has been offered a job in Oshawa, Ontario due to start end of July. I am hoping (in optimism) that my PR might come through before then, so that I'm not left behind.
How does anyone rate my chances?
Did everything up front, payment, medical etc... And hoping desperately that I didn't forget anything, and get it all sent back return of post.
Thankyou again for this wonderful thread!!!
Sally
Hey Sally...Welcome

I think no two peoples cases are the same. When we submitted ours to Mississauga our lawyers said that usually they processed applications within a month. Ours was four months but conversely London have been super quick. Only three weeks from AOR to PPR. I think that most of us on this thread have similar timelines and it's been really reassuring and entertaining following the progress of our fellow applicants.
You can still enter Canada with your hubby if he's Canadian. As I understand it, as long as you can present immigration with your file# then you can stay on a six month temporary visa by which time I'd be amazed if you didn't have your PR Visa. Only drawback with this is that you can't apply for your SIN # so effectively cannot work.

Hope this helps and all the best.

Drew
Old Apr 18th 2006, 9:58 pm
Forum Regular

sally h is a name known to allsally h is a name known to allsally h is a name known to allsally h is a name known to allsally h is a name known to allsally h is a name known to allsally h is a name known to allsally h is a name known to allsally h is a name known to allsally h is a name known to allsally h is a name known to all

Hey Sally...Welcome

I think no two peoples cases are the same. When we submitted ours to Mississauga our lawyers said that usually they processed applications within a month. Ours was four months but conversely London have been super quick. Only three weeks from AOR to PPR. I think that most of us on this thread have similar timelines and it's been really reassuring and entertaining following the progress of our fellow applicants.
You can still enter Canada with your hubby if he's Canadian. As I understand it, as long as you can present immigration with your file# then you can stay on a six month temporary visa by which time I'd be amazed if you didn't have your PR Visa. Only drawback with this is that you can't apply for your SIN # so effectively cannot work.

Hope this helps and all the best.

Drew
Thankyou Drew
I think I might have to go on a holiday visa, as it will be cheaper than continuing to pay £700 rent plus bills here, as we can stay with my husbands folks rent free....I quite fancy being a lady of leisure for a while...not something I've ever experienced, but maybe I can finally get round to writing that book! Or maybe I'll just soak up the sun...Ontario summers are the greatest arn't they?
Good luck to you and yours in your new life. It doesn't sound like you have too long to go now.
Best wishes
Sally
Old Apr 18th 2006, 10:00 pm
Kelly

Originally Posted by sally h
Thankyou Drew
I think I might have to go on a holiday visa, as it will be cheaper than continuing to pay £700 rent plus bills here, as we can stay with my husbands folks rent free....I quite fancy being a lady of leisure for a while...not something I've ever experienced, but maybe I can finally get round to writing that book! Or maybe I'll just soak up the sun...Ontario summers are the greatest arn't they?
Good luck to you and yours in your new life. It doesn't sound like you have too long to go now.
Best wishes
Sally
Cheers Sally

Keep us updated on your progress.

Drew
Old Apr 20th 2006, 9:38 am
Forum Regular

Horizons is on a distinguished road

Cheers Sally

Keep us updated on your progress.

Drew

Husband of Horizons here...............just waiting for wife's bank statements to come through the post....Hmmm, they are taking along time to get here.......more waiting.......................... was waiting to pay ROLF at the same time as sending CHC London my wife's bank statement - but think will now pay ROLF, so then only have bank statements to send!

Anyone have any news ?

H
Old Apr 20th 2006, 10:48 am
Kelly

Originally Posted by Horizons
Husband of Horizons here...............just waiting for wife's bank statements to come through the post....Hmmm, they are taking along time to get here.......more waiting.......................... was waiting to pay ROLF at the same time as sending CHC London my wife's bank statement - but think will now pay ROLF, so then only have bank statements to send!

Anyone have any news ?

H
Hey Hubby of Horizons.

Sorry to hear you're having to wait so long. It sucks!!!!!
I'm waiting for my passport to be returned with my visa as I have to land before May 10th. I emailed CHC last week asking for confirmation that they had received it, but as yet I've not had a reply. Don't want to piss em off by keep emailing them but we cant book any flights just in case it's not back in time!!! :scared:

Anyway hope you hear something soon.

Take care bud.

Drew

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.