Reload this Page >

Anyone heard from Mississauga

Anyone heard from Mississauga

Old Apr 13th 2006, 6:32 pm
Just Joined

hezbett is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone heard from Mississauga

Originally Posted by kellydrew
I'm looking at flying over on the 5th and returning on the 8th. Unfortunately I'll be flying to Manchester. Maybe we could hook up in the bar at T.O. lol They are the cheapest and the flights fit perfectly into my schedule. AC and BA want £500 and that's going via Heathrow!!
Just have to book extra legroom. Don't give a stuff bout the food really.

What time is your flight to Gatwick?

Drew
For you guys doing reccies and landings in the next while and don't mind flying charters, don't know if you've checked out Canadian Affair before...they have pretty regular flights and use airlines like Thomas Cook Airlines.

I'm not joking when I say that Thomas Cook probably has the best leg room for Economy Class that I've ever flown (specially UK-Canada).

They also usually have really good instant purchase online fares that are cheaper than anything else you can get. I even tried to get Flight Centre to beat them and they told me they flat out couldn't!

Check out the site at: www.canadianaffair.com

I would be using them if we didn't need shedloads of baggage allowance!!
Cheers,
H
Old Apr 13th 2006, 6:35 pm
Just Joined

hezbett is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cov-canuck
We haven't touched the official forms yet (other than having a read). At the moment we're entering everything into an excel spreadsheet, with serial numbers, values, etc. Once we're finished on that, we'll copy it on to the official forms to save any chopping and changing in the future. I think we've decided to put the vast majority of stuff on his, with a few items on mine (like my laptop, etc.). That's our big job for the holiday weekend...goods to follow list and de-cluttering the house!
I was talking to my shipping company today and they have told me that the packing list they do for shipping all our stuff is perfectly adequate to give to Customs when we land for the goods to follow. Sounds like a good plan to save a lot of time making yet more lists!!
Old Apr 13th 2006, 7:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

jerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All,
Just an update on our status for the board,
We received today, one brown envelope from High Commission london , containing an AOR dated 10-04-06.

yeah........... onto the second stage.

Estate agents now booked for valuations,
And house going on the market asap, packing commenced, etc..........

Starting to think again that we might actually make Vancouver for August 06

Good Luck to all, And a happy Easter break.
Cheers
Jerry
Old Apr 13th 2006, 9:15 pm
Forum Regular

VCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really nice

Originally Posted by jerry brewer
Hi All,
Just an update on our status for the board,
We received today, one brown envelope from High Commission london , containing an AOR dated 10-04-06.
Good Luck to all, And a happy Easter break.
Cheers
Jerry
Good news Jerry, won't be long before you get PPR (Mine took 6 weeks) Good luck with the house selling, we can't shift ours

V
Old Apr 14th 2006, 7:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

jerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by VCox
Good news Jerry, won't be long before you get PPR (Mine took 6 weeks) Good luck with the house selling, we can't shift ours

V
Hi,
thanks for the info, sorry to hear about the house, keep the fingers crossed, sometimes it's amazing how house sales just suddenly happen, in all I must have been thro' about six in the last 14 yrs, more stressful than divorce... and less expensive.... ( been thro' that once ..... )

With the AOR now received, we are more confident that at least a decision might be made well before my medical runs out.
Good Luck
Have a good easter
Cheers
Jerry
Old Apr 15th 2006, 8:24 am
Kelly

kellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to all

Originally Posted by jerry brewer
Hi,
thanks for the info, sorry to hear about the house, keep the fingers crossed, sometimes it's amazing how house sales just suddenly happen, in all I must have been thro' about six in the last 14 yrs, more stressful than divorce... and less expensive.... ( been thro' that once ..... )

With the AOR now received, we are more confident that at least a decision might be made well before my medical runs out.
Good Luck
Have a good easter
Cheers
Jerry
Jerry

It's a no brainer!! You will definitely have your visa before your medical expires.
I got my passport request on April 10th. They actually sent PPR on April 3rd but because everything for us goes through our lawyers in T.O., it took a week to reach them. Very annoying really as we lost a week and I need my passport back as I need to land by May 10th :scared: I really wish I'd had my medical later last year as we didn't submit to Mississauga until Nov. Oh well you live and learn

Anyhow house went up this week so here's hoping that goes through without a hitch. Oh and if your reading this at CHC.....please return my pp before May 5th as I want to become "landed" then.

Take care all

Drew

PS If Mr Lee is reading this.......we blew it big time last night mate!!!!
Old Apr 15th 2006, 1:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond repute

PS If Mr Lee is reading this.......we blew it big time last night mate!!!!
Not wrong there mate. Should have put a bet on a result like that...

Ah well - on a positive note FC have won promotion this season into the dizzy heights of North West Counties League Division One. It was a great result on Wednesday night and the place was rocking when the final whistle went.
It was great to feel part of something like that (I'm a founder member) but also quite sad that I'll be leaving it all behind, including "Big" United come June.

I hear there are quite a few Reds in southern Ontario and the GTA though, so we won't be alone...
Old Apr 15th 2006, 4:21 pm
Kelly

kellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Mr Lee
Not wrong there mate. Should have put a bet on a result like that...

Ah well - on a positive note FC have won promotion this season into the dizzy heights of North West Counties League Division One. It was a great result on Wednesday night and the place was rocking when the final whistle went.
It was great to feel part of something like that (I'm a founder member) but also quite sad that I'll be leaving it all behind, including "Big" United come June.

I hear there are quite a few Reds in southern Ontario and the GTA though, so we won't be alone...
Hey mate.
Yeh I saw FC had won promotion. I was chekin out the site. Very impressive. Might try and take a game in before the end of the season.
Think there's a Utd supporters club in TO. I'll do a google search and check it out.
Take care.
DREW
Old Apr 15th 2006, 5:46 pm
Whatacomplete Member

koogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond repute

Hey mate.
Yeh I saw FC had won promotion. I was chekin out the site. Very impressive. Might try and take a game in before the end of the season.
Think there's a Utd supporters club in TO. I'll do a google search and check it out.
Take care.
DREW
either of you 2 lovely people know if we can get prem footie in canada on cable?
I'll need my man u fix every now and then
koog
Old Apr 15th 2006, 8:20 pm
Kelly

Originally Posted by koogar
either of you 2 lovely people know if we can get prem footie in canada on cable?
I'll need my man u fix every now and then
koog
Hey mate

You can watch a pemiership game every saturday. I think it's on TSN. I've also seen midweek games as well.

Hope this helps.

Drew
Old Apr 15th 2006, 8:36 pm
Whatacomplete Member

koogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond repute

Hey mate

You can watch a pemiership game every saturday. I think it's on TSN. I've also seen midweek games as well.

Hope this helps.

Drew
hi drew.
yea, I watch every week, but I'm still in england at the moment. from failsworth, manchester, but living in berkshire at the moment......working in london.
I'm hoping to get over there soon.....sask PNP probably.....truck driving.....just wondered if I'll still be able to see the game.
gonna come over for a week for a visit soon....talk to some companies....have a look round........I take it you prefer it to england.
anyway, cheers for the info,
koog
Old Apr 15th 2006, 8:42 pm
Kelly

hi drew.
yea, I watch every week, but I'm still in england at the moment. from failsworth, manchester, but living in berkshire at the moment......working in london.
I'm hoping to get over there soon.....sask PNP probably.....truck driving.....just wondered if I'll still be able to see the game.
gonna come over for a week for a visit soon....talk to some companies....have a look round........I take it you prefer it to england.
anyway, cheers for the info,
koog
I'm in Wigan mate

Not moving over till our house is sold over here, but yes......I've been three times in the last year and what I've seen is soooooo much better than over here.

Drew
Old Apr 15th 2006, 8:53 pm
Whatacomplete Member

I'm in Wigan mate

Not moving over till our house is sold over here, but yes......I've been three times in the last year and what I've seen is soooooo much better than over here.

Drew
oh, ok, cool.
last time I was in wigin was ....umm....delivering to asda probably.
where in canada you goin to?
Old Apr 15th 2006, 9:12 pm
Kelly

oh, ok, cool.
last time I was in wigin was ....umm....delivering to asda probably.
where in canada you goin to?

Barrie

Just up the 400 from Toronto. Where you thinking of going mate?

Drew
Old Apr 15th 2006, 9:39 pm
Whatacomplete Member

Barrie

Just up the 400 from Toronto. Where you thinking of going mate?

Drew
wherever I can get a job really drew.
saskatoon, regina, winnipeg.
I'm planning on flying into calgary, renting a car and then driving round the different cities and visiting the trucking firms there.
I've got an interview in saskatoon when I get there and someone to see in regina.
looking forward to the adventure either way.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.