Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Anyone heard from Mississauga

Anyone heard from Mississauga

Old Apr 11th 2006, 9:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

britishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone heard from Mississauga

Originally Posted by kellydrew
Hi

Just realised that I didn't include the letter from CHC requesting PPR as our lawyers advised. All we posted was my passport, 2 photos,and the checklist with my file# and name address etc at the bottom. Also a SAE to myself was included. This is all they need isn't it? :scared:

Has any of you flown with Air Transat. They would appear to be the cheapest. £250 firstweek in May.

Drew
Hiya I think thats all you needed the checklist where you had to fill in your name and hieght right?
we are actually flying air transat first week fo May too and trust me they are the cheapest and heres why there leg room is one of the worst in the industry about 29 inch leg pitch. the food is disgusting like something ive seen farmers throw in troffs......however this is what we have done to remedy the situation we paid the extra 7 pounds and got leg room seats right at the front of the plane then we plan to take a packed lunch and tell bossy stewardess to stuff said nasty troff food where the sun doesnt shine

Hope that helps
Old Apr 11th 2006, 9:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond repute

Mr Lee. You think we'll catch Chelsea? We are playing awesome at the minute.

Drew
Jesus H Corbett!!

Things are certainly all systems go at the mo are they not!! :scared: Best of luck mate, and congrats!

I missed this weekend (v Arse) as I was away. Didn't even get to see the highlights.

To be honest, I think the premiership's Chelski's again this season - I don't think there's much of a chance them slipping up...but we can hope.

I've been watching FC United this season; I totally boycotted OT and anything United/Glazer related once he rolled into town. It was very hard, painful in fact, giving it up, but I found a a spiritual home with 3-4,000 other hardcore Reds in the Northwest Counties League Division 2!!
You should try and get yourself to a game before the season's over - it looks like "little United" at least will win their league this season.

Two Uniteds but the soul is one...
Old Apr 12th 2006, 6:13 am
Kelly

kellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Mr Lee
Jesus H Corbett!!

Things are certainly all systems go at the mo are they not!! :scared: Best of luck mate, and congrats!

I missed this weekend (v Arse) as I was away. Didn't even get to see the highlights.

To be honest, I think the premiership's Chelski's again this season - I don't think there's much of a chance them slipping up...but we can hope.

I've been watching FC United this season; I totally boycotted OT and anything United/Glazer related once he rolled into town. It was very hard, painful in fact, giving it up, but I found a a spiritual home with 3-4,000 other hardcore Reds in the Northwest Counties League Division 2!!
You should try and get yourself to a game before the season's over - it looks like "little United" at least will win their league this season.

Two Uniteds but the soul is one...
Totally agree with the Glazer sentiment. You see the price hike for next year?

Anyhow you never know. If we beat Sunderland, and God knows why we wouldn't, and the Burnden Bill's can take something off Chelsea sat....................You know stranger things have happened.

My son has asked me to go to FC United several times. Should go before we move.

Cheers bud.

Come on you reds!!!!
Old Apr 12th 2006, 6:19 am
Kelly

kellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to all

Originally Posted by britishvixen21
Hiya I think thats all you needed the checklist where you had to fill in your name and hieght right?
we are actually flying air transat first week fo May too and trust me they are the cheapest and heres why there leg room is one of the worst in the industry about 29 inch leg pitch. the food is disgusting like something ive seen farmers throw in troffs......however this is what we have done to remedy the situation we paid the extra 7 pounds and got leg room seats right at the front of the plane then we plan to take a packed lunch and tell bossy stewardess to stuff said nasty troff food where the sun doesnt shine

Hope that helps
Vix

Never been a great fan of Airline food anyway. As long as they have I'll be fine. the legroom really sucks though. That would explain why I couldn't find that info on their website We've flown with Zoom and they were fine but they only fly once a week and I only want to go over for a couple of days.

All the best

Drew
Old Apr 12th 2006, 6:37 am
Forum Regular

VCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really nice

Hi

Just realised that I didn't include the letter from CHC requesting PPR as our lawyers advised. All we posted was my passport, 2 photos,and the checklist with my file# and name address etc at the bottom. Also a SAE to myself was included. This is all they need isn't it? :scared:

Has any of you flown with Air Transat. They would appear to be the cheapest. £250 firstweek in May.

Drew
Hi Drew

I didn't enclose that letter either, just the same things that you have. Re what to do when we get there, I think you tell them at passport control that you're landing and they'll point you in the right direction. They'll send the goods to follow forms etc when they send our passport back. I've had a look online so I can start getting organised now:

http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/E/pbg/cf/b4/README.html
http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/E/pbg/cf/b4a/README.html

Not flown Air Transat myself but from what I gather they're OK, no frills but cheap

V
Old Apr 12th 2006, 6:51 am
Kelly

Originally Posted by VCox
Hi Drew

I didn't enclose that letter either, just the same things that you have. Re what to do when we get there, I think you tell them at passport control that you're landing and they'll point you in the right direction. They'll send the goods to follow forms etc when they send our passport back. I've had a look online so I can start getting organised now:

Not flown Air Transat myself but from what I gather they're OK, no frills but cheap

V
V

Wont let me open the link for some reason. Pardon me for ignorance but good to follow? You mean belongings etc?

Cheers

Drew
Old Apr 12th 2006, 6:55 am
Kelly

Hope that helps
Vix

When I check out Air Transat's site it's saying that the outbound from M/cr has one stop. I click on the link and it coming up "page cannot be displayed". Any idea where the stop is?

Cheers

Drew
Old Apr 12th 2006, 7:02 am
Forum Regular

VCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really nice

V

Wont let me open the link for some reason. Pardon me for ignorance but good to follow? You mean belongings etc?

Cheers

Drew

Not sure why it won't work for you, but you can find the forms on the CIC website under 'Forms and Publications'. Its forms B4 and B4a. You have to list what you're bringing into Canada, both now and when you move permanently.

V
Old Apr 12th 2006, 7:52 am
BE Forum Addict

cov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to behold

Hi Drew

V
They don't send you goods to follow forms with your passport. They just include instructions telling you that you have to have a list of all of your belongings that are accompanying you, and a list that will be following in the future, but they don't actually give you copies of the forms.
Old Apr 12th 2006, 8:45 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by cov-canuck
They don't send you goods to follow forms with your passport. They just include instructions telling you that you have to have a list of all of your belongings that are accompanying you, and a list that will be following in the future, but they don't actually give you copies of the forms.
Thanks for the info. Does that mean you don't have to use the forms - can you just write out a list of what you're bringing?

I saw your question in the immigration forum about what goods to put as yours and what to put as hubbys - have you found it quite straightforward? Any tips?

Thanks

V
Old Apr 12th 2006, 9:07 am
BE Forum Addict

cov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to behold

Thanks for the info. Does that mean you don't have to use the forms - can you just write out a list of what you're bringing?

I saw your question in the immigration forum about what goods to put as yours and what to put as hubbys - have you found it quite straightforward? Any tips?

Thanks

V
We haven't touched the official forms yet (other than having a read). At the moment we're entering everything into an excel spreadsheet, with serial numbers, values, etc. Once we're finished on that, we'll copy it on to the official forms to save any chopping and changing in the future. I think we've decided to put the vast majority of stuff on his, with a few items on mine (like my laptop, etc.). That's our big job for the holiday weekend...goods to follow list and de-cluttering the house!
Old Apr 12th 2006, 9:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Mr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond repute

Vix

When I check out Air Transat's site it's saying that the outbound from M/cr has one stop. I click on the link and it coming up "page cannot be displayed". Any idea where the stop is?

Cheers

Drew
Hi Drew

The flight stops off at Edinburgh as far as I remember to pick up/drop off. It's a round trip Toronto -> Manchester -> Edinburgh -> Toronto.

We flew with Transat the year before last.
Never again...

If you're tall or just have long legs it will be the longest seven hours in your life...(not including delays; which there were both going - 3/4 hour - and coming back - 2 1/2 hours stuck on the ground unable to get off!).
If you do fly with them, pay for the extra legroom.

It's a shame that Zoom's current prices are as high as they are. They had slightly better legroom and the service was better.

Good luck!

Lee
Old Apr 12th 2006, 11:15 am
BE Forum Addict

britishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mr Lee
Hi Drew

The flight stops off at Edinburgh as far as I remember to pick up/drop off. It's a round trip Toronto -> Manchester -> Edinburgh -> Toronto.

We flew with Transat the year before last.
Never again...

If you're tall or just have long legs it will be the longest seven hours in your life...(not including delays; which there were both going - 3/4 hour - and coming back - 2 1/2 hours stuck on the ground unable to get off!).
If you do fly with them, pay for the extra legroom.

It's a shame that Zoom's current prices are as high as they are. They had slightly better legroom and the service was better.

Good luck!

Lee
LOL I said the same thing and we were delayed too comming back couldnt take off, but ya know waht for $470 return it seemed that our integrity had a price hehhee. we paid $20 for bulhead seats so we should be ok.

I think it stops at Edinburgh, thats crappy ours are non stop. when are you flying in and out we may me on the same flight hehehee. we are flying out on the 8th last flight to Gatwick.
Old Apr 12th 2006, 11:41 am
Kelly

LOL I said the same thing and we were delayed too comming back couldnt take off, but ya know waht for $470 return it seemed that our integrity had a price hehhee. we paid $20 for bulhead seats so we should be ok.

I think it stops at Edinburgh, thats crappy ours are non stop. when are you flying in and out we may me on the same flight hehehee. we are flying out on the 8th last flight to Gatwick.
I'm looking at flying over on the 5th and returning on the 8th. Unfortunately I'll be flying to Manchester. Maybe we could hook up in the bar at T.O. lol They are the cheapest and the flights fit perfectly into my schedule. AC and BA want £500 and that's going via Heathrow!!
Just have to book extra legroom. Don't give a stuff bout the food really.

What time is your flight to Gatwick?

Drew
Old Apr 12th 2006, 2:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

I'm looking at flying over on the 5th and returning on the 8th. Unfortunately I'll be flying to Manchester. Maybe we could hook up in the bar at T.O. lol They are the cheapest and the flights fit perfectly into my schedule. AC and BA want £500 and that's going via Heathrow!!
Just have to book extra legroom. Don't give a stuff bout the food really.

What time is your flight to Gatwick?

Drew
were on the 9.55 to Gatwick that would be awesome to meet up for a drink and compare visa's LOL what time you flying out?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.