Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Anyone heard from Mississauga

Anyone heard from Mississauga

Old Apr 10th 2006, 10:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

britishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone heard from Mississauga

Originally Posted by kellydrew
OHHHHHHHHHHH MYYYYYYYYYY GODDDD!!!!!!!!!
We are in!!!!
We have just received confirmation from our lawyers, CHC have issued Andrew's ppr, letter states that the visa is to expire May 10th 06 and he has to land before that date to become 'landed'. What do we do in case his passport doesn't come back in time for us to fly before the 10th?
Also when we land aren't we supposed to have proof of funds, but the house isn't sold yet!!!
Its frustrating because the letter was issued to our lawyers on the 3rd and we only just received it at 2200hrs today.

:scared: :scared:

Kelly
Congrats Kelly, id be taking your passport in on Thursday to London then pick it up on the 27ths then LAND lol. id do it in person just in case.
But CONGRATSSS all that worrying and here it is. I think lots of beer tonight!!
Old Apr 10th 2006, 11:32 pm
Kelly

kellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to all

Originally Posted by britishvixen21
Congrats Kelly, id be taking your passport in on Thursday to London then pick it up on the 27ths then LAND lol. id do it in person just in case.
But CONGRATSSS all that worrying and here it is. I think lots of beer tonight!!
Thanks
I'm having a glass of wine as I write this, inbetween pricing up trains or flights to London. Think we are both dazed at this moment in time and now panicing at all stuff we now need to do.
But hey, we never thought that this day would come!!!
To everyone else still waiting, be strong your time will come!!!
:scared:
Kelly
Old Apr 11th 2006, 12:09 am
Kelly

kellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to all

Hi
Does anyone know the phone number to CHC, as given the short timescale we have, to land in Canada before the medical date runs out, we are struggling to get to London and need to speak to someone.
Drew
Old Apr 11th 2006, 5:24 am
BE Forum Addict

cov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to behold

Hi
Does anyone know the phone number to CHC, as given the short timescale we have, to land in Canada before the medical date runs out, we are struggling to get to London and need to speak to someone.
Drew
There is no phone number to London...your best bet is to e-mail them, providing your contact details. They will then contact you back.
Old Apr 11th 2006, 5:25 am
BE Forum Addict

cov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to behold

OHHHHHHHHHHH MYYYYYYYYYY GODDDD!!!!!!!!!
We are in!!!!
We have just received confirmation from our lawyers, CHC have issued Andrew's ppr, letter states that the visa is to expire May 10th 06 and he has to land before that date to become 'landed'. What do we do in case his passport doesn't come back in time for us to fly before the 10th?
Also when we land aren't we supposed to have proof of funds, but the house isn't sold yet!!!
Its frustrating because the letter was issued to our lawyers on the 3rd and we only just received it at 2200hrs today.

:scared: :scared:

Kelly
If you're spousal, there is no proof of funds required.
Old Apr 11th 2006, 6:44 am
Kelly

Originally Posted by cov-canuck
If you're spousal, there is no proof of funds required.

Cheers Cov
Old Apr 11th 2006, 7:45 am
Forum Regular

Horizons is on a distinguished road

Cheers Cov
Hey KellyDrew,

Can't help you with a contact number, but Congratulations!

Old Apr 11th 2006, 11:15 am
BE Forum Addict

britishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond repute

KellyDrew,

Ive seen ppl on here get it back in 8 days in England, maybe if you send it fedex and enclose a return fed ex envelope and explain the situation theyl get it back really fast. I know that in my letter I asked them to send mine back quick as i had to fly and they complied. They got mine on 24th March, issued the visa on 28th March. I had it back in 20 days and that included my postal time and im in Canada.

Or do you know anyone in London that can do it for you? you can nominate someone just sign and affidavidit saying that they are your nonimated person.

these are the only telephone #'s and fax that I found maybe one will be useful

Mission Tel.: (44-20) 7258-6600
Immigration Recorded Information Tel: (44-20) 7258-6699
Mission Fax: (44-20) 7258-6333
Immigration Fax: (44-20) 7258-6506
Old Apr 11th 2006, 11:26 am
BE Forum Addict

If it helps...we sent my husband's passport signed for next day (all within the UK), with a return envelope with the same (around £4.30 each...well worth it!). We mailed it on the 27th of March, and received it back on the 7th of April, so effectively 10 working days, with 2 days either end for posting...they do seem to be quick!
Old Apr 11th 2006, 6:19 pm
Kelly

Originally Posted by cov-canuck
If it helps...we sent my husband's passport signed for next day (all within the UK), with a return envelope with the same (around £4.30 each...well worth it!). We mailed it on the 27th of March, and received it back on the 7th of April, so effectively 10 working days, with 2 days either end for posting...they do seem to be quick!
Cov, Vix and Horizons

Thanks for your replies and advice. I rushed out today and got photos done in Wigan. £20 for two tiny photos lol

I did as you did Cov. Paid for the guaranteed next day thing and the same with the return envelope.....£4.50 each way. Unfortunately because of our location and work commitments it's pretty impossible for us to deliver in person and we don't know anyone down there so we were basically screwed!!

Anyhow here's hoping that we have it back before the nd of the month. Need to book a bloody flight now. Think Canadian Affair are the cheapest. Couple of days in Barrie on the Sleemans and back home to sell the house.....hopefully.

Cheers everyone and wont be long for Mr Lee and Jerry. Keep the faith lads!!

Mr Lee. You think we'll catch Chelsea? We are playing awesome at the minute.

Drew
Old Apr 11th 2006, 7:05 pm
Kelly

Hi All

As I've stated I've got to become landed by May 10th. Does the missus (the Canuck....sponsor ) have to come with me or am I ok going alone? Obviously we are trying to keep costs down so unless she has to go, there doesn't seem much point her going for a couple of days.

Cheers

Drew
Old Apr 11th 2006, 7:14 pm
Forum Regular

VCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really nice

Hi All

As I've stated I've got to become landed by May 10th. Does the missus (the Canuck....sponsor ) have to come with me or am I ok going alone? Obviously we are trying to keep costs down so unless she has to go, there doesn't seem much point her going for a couple of days.

Cheers

Drew
Hi Drew

I asked this question too, here's the link to the thread:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...39#post3325739

I didn't really get a definitive answer but we've decided we'll both go & use it as a research trip/see some of his family. Know what you mean about trying to keep the cost down - we've booked our flights to land 2 May and it's not cheap!

Congrats on getting your PPR

V
Old Apr 11th 2006, 7:33 pm
Kelly

Originally Posted by VCox
Hi Drew

I asked this question too, here's the link to the thread:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...39#post3325739

I didn't really get a definitive answer but we've decided we'll both go & use it as a research trip/see some of his family. Know what you mean about trying to keep the cost down - we've booked our flights to land 2 May and it's not cheap!

Congrats on getting your PPR

V
V

Thanks for the info and the best wishes. I checked out your link and you're correct. No definite yes or no. Thing is I only intend going for a couple of days to become landed then returning to sell the house and all that bullshit. Oh and we have tickets to see Santana in M/cr on May 22th and I don't want to miss that
Kell doesn't really want to come and watch me drink beer with her cousin if she doesn't have to. Lol.

Anyhow I'll email our lawyers and ask them.

Thanks

Drew

PS What exactly happens when we land.....where do we go...what do we have to do exactly?
Old Apr 11th 2006, 7:35 pm
Kelly

V

Thanks for the info and the best wishes. I checked out your link and you're correct. No definite yes or no. Thing is I only intend going for a couple of days to become landed then returning to sell the house and all that bullshit. Oh and we have tickets to see Santana in M/cr on May 22th and I don't want to miss that
Kell doesn't really want to come and watch me drink beer with her cousin if she doesn't have to. Lol.

Anyhow I'll email our lawyers and ask them.

Thanks

Drew

PS What exactly happens when we land.....where do we go...what do we have to do exactly?
DOH!!!

Santana is on the 11th!!
Old Apr 11th 2006, 9:23 pm
Kelly

Hi

Just realised that I didn't include the letter from CHC requesting PPR as our lawyers advised. All we posted was my passport, 2 photos,and the checklist with my file# and name address etc at the bottom. Also a SAE to myself was included. This is all they need isn't it? :scared:

Has any of you flown with Air Transat. They would appear to be the cheapest. £250 firstweek in May.

Drew

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.